🧪 Early Information on Round 1 of Masked God Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v52]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the initial release of the Round 1 of Masquerade Heroes.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

:tophat: Masquerade Heroes

There are a total of two (2) new heroes added to Beta for testing; these have been indicated to be for Masquerade (We do not know if it is a new event or the existing one.).

*The names of the new heroes are: Fortuna, Jove

These heroes will be available in the Black Friday portal in 2022.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Masquerade family:

Masquerade characters summon a Mask Minion for themselves at the start of the battle. The more Masquerade characters there are in the same team, the better the Mask minion is.

• 1 family member:
    This character summons a Mask Minion with 20% health and 13% attack inherited from the character.
  • Additional skill with 2 family members:
    Mask Minion gives its owner +27% attack while the owner has a Mask Minion. This effect can’t be dispelled.
  • Additional skill with 3 family members:
    Mask Minion gives its ower immunity to all status ailments while the owner has a Mask Minion. This effect can’t be dispelled.

5 :star: – Legendary Heroes

• Fortuna
  • Jove

Fortuna -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Fortuna – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 838

Attack: 784
Defense: 821
HP: 1493

Class: Rogue
Element: :snowflake: Ice (Blue)

Mana Speed: Fast
Family: Masquerade

Passive: Elemental Mask
The Passive Skill has two different functions based on if this character is in attack or in defense.

Passive Skill as attacking character:
Once per battle, this Hero’s element can be changed to the Element of your choosing for 3 turns. Element can be changed by tapping this Hero when it does not have a full mana.

Passive Skill as defending character:
At the start of the battle, the element of this character changes to the element the opposite team is weak against for 3 turns. This effect activates only if more than half of the opponent team characters have the same Element with each other.

Passive: Cleanse on Minon Death
This character is cleansed of status ailments when Minion owned by them is destroyed.

Special Skill: Bad Fortune

• Dispels buffs from all enemies.
  • Deals 230% damage to all enemies.
  • Summons a Corrupted Mask Fiend to all enemies. The Fiend damages the enemies with 55% attack every turn.
  • The Corrupted Mask Fiend absorbs healing. It disappers aftrr absorbing a healing amount equal to 33% of its target’s max health.
  • The Corrupted Mask Fiend gives -54% attack for its owner for as long as the owner has Corrupted Mask Fiends. This effect can’t be cleansed.

Jove -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Jove – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 838

Attack: 842
Defense: 793
HP: 1406

Class: Fighter
Element: :sun_with_face: Holy (Yellow)

Mana Speed: Fast
Family: Masquerade

Passive: Elemental Mask
The Passive Skill has two different functions based on if this character is in attack or in defense.

Passive Skill as attacking character:
Once per battle, this Hero’s element can be changed to the Element of your choosing for 3 turns. Element can be changed by tapping this Hero when it does not have a full mana.

Passive Skill as defending character:
At the start of the battle, the element of this character changes to the element the opposite team is weak against for 3 turns. This effect activates only if more than half of the opponent team characters have the same Element with each other.

Passive: Cleanse on Minon Death
This character is cleansed of status ailments when Minion owned by them is destroyed.

Special Skill: Strike from the Skies

• Deaks 550% damage to the target, and minor damage to all other enemies.
  • All enemies get -75% decrease for any healing received for 4 turns.
  • All enemies get -75% less mana from Special Skills for 4 turns.

:mantelpiece_clock: Beta Updates

• Oct 06, 2022 – added for first look testing.
  • Oct 13, 2022 – balance update

:link: Related Threads

7 Likes

Those passives are interesting. Always like a new dynamic

4 Likes

Why am I not surprised that Sg/zynga found a way to add new heroes to an event that was supposed to be about costumes for s1 heroes :joy: (at least, my assumption based on them being Masquerade heroes)

Though good for al players I guess, try to summon for costumes and maybe get a cool new original hero too

7 Likes

Hmm. Seems like this could be exploitable by the attacker. If, for example, these heroes are part of a rainbow defense, you could attack with a majority yellow or majority purple team and guarantee that two of the opposing heroes are weak against your strong color for three turns. Of course, they are also strong against your majority color.

2 Likes

Interesting passives… I imagine it is to discourage color stacking.

Sorry, Fortuna’s skill was not complete.
I have added the missed last point.

If they hadn’t nerfed xnol that could have been very interesting…

2 Likes

So with Jove you get Winifred’s hit 550 and minor to all without the need to chain and at fast speed instead of slow? And you can’t heal to recover. Paired with Anna and you only need to bring 2 heroes to battle.
Seriously, it’s like SGG is trying to make all battles end in 30 seconds or less.

4 Likes

Agree with you. Winifred does the same amount of damage at SLOW speed, this hero is at FAST speed. This is not balance at all.

2 Likes

Legit, you could just bring Anna and Jove on a raid and win in like 7 tiles. Heck add in Rhys to speed up mana and it’s lights out baby. New meta Jove, Anna, Rhys, 2 CPanthers. This will be all you see in top 100.

I saw Masquerade, and immediately thought it was more information about the Costume Masquerade, e.g. more S1 secondary costume information.

Then, oh… yeah, sigh… more heroes and another family to remember (or not remember). Is this going to be the next Challenge Event?

4 Likes

Just we had a thread about how Anne is OP. And here comes Jove to show us that she was not as OP as a hero could be done…

4 Likes

What happened to all the 4 :star2: heroes? :pray:

4 Likes

Wtf Fortuna is gonna be so OP on defense…

Dispels all before damage means the attacker can’t use taunt or dodge heroes and get away with it. Continuous damage and -54% attack? Pretty much when this hero fires, it’s GG.

Both unable to heal + damage reduction will be a huge deficit for the attacker. They won’t be able to kill you with tiles or skill. The defending team will just murder them.

I can even see this hero being a tank and weaken the opponent team right away. Give time for the flanks to fire.

I rarely call out a nerf but this one should.

2 Likes

Dodge effects still apply to the dispel all does it not? So there is still a chance that the dodge heroes retain their dodge and then chance to dodge the damage and fiends. Some like QoH would be partially affected as she’ll lose her special def up, but still retain her taunt minion card. Then you have heroes that could cast undispellable buffs (CoK family, or Brynhild, etc). As well, you have those who prevent ailments like Vanda. You can get the fiend, but you are immune to their effects so no -54% attacks which is applied once when the fiend is summoned. When the “shield” runs out, the heroes won’t have that ailment.
It’s not as bleak as all that.

Yep. I have had folks dodge my Kage’s dispel-before-attack.

1 Like

Good. More fast heroes

Wow Fortuna is like a buffed up version of Hannah, tons better as she does more damage, hits all, has stronger fiends and also dispels :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

And they nerfed xnol to 10% why?

2 Likes

My bei young is crying in corner when he saw jove

1 Like