đŸ§Ș Early Information on Additional Telluria & Vela Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v31]

I don’t understand why they focus that much on Vela. Yes, she’s great and amazing in combination with Telluria but she is not OP. It’s only the combination with Telluria, or worse, Gravemaker and Telluria, that makes Vela so fearful.

The main focus should be on Telluria, who is still a beast if Finley or any other great blue hero flank her. However, also Tellu should not be nerfed to death just because she dominates the current meta.

I think a good three-pronged approach could ease the current GTV problem without alienating those who spent a lot to get one or more of these heroes.

1. Another small nerf for Tellu without completely destroying her. Maybe reduce the HoT a bit more or spread it over one more round. Also make her a bit less tanky.

2. Give us good and also accessible red heroes to fight Tellu. That Valhalla sniper Gefjon seems to be great against Tellu, however, is hard to get. But we are still waiting for four red 4* costumes. Scarlet and Kelile are fast heroes and could be provided with a special that is useful against the current GTV meta. After all, 4* costumes are relatively accessible compared to specific 5* heroes.

3. Tweak Vela a bit without completely destroying her. She wouldn’t be OP if there was no Telluria and won’t be if the meta shifts to another tank colour. I particularly like @Cruzcampo’s idea of water DoT deleting and preventing fire damage.

As shifting emblems is very expensive and takes time, the current meta with green tanks won’t change anytime soon unless the main protagonists in this meta should be completely destroyed. Hardly anyone wants that. Therefore, the best seems to me not to overnerf neither Tellu nor Vela but to have another small tweaks that don’t really hurt the owners of the affected heroes, and to strengthen other colours, in particular red.

7 Likes

Thing is that is effecting less then 1-2% of the playerbase. I’ve been playing this game for 15+ months and my best team is still not in 2700’s.

1 Like

Then start on the easy 2.

Velas special removes and prevents any burn damage on the opponents. Minor nerf, more of a fix, GTV greatly weakened. Arguably this is altering a gameplay mechanism in a good way.

Adjust Telly’s stats from Uber tank in the direction of well rounded tank.

3 Likes

Yes, I said exactly that. The top 100 whales might at this point have a meta, but the game itself has no meta and if it shifts it does so glacially. The only reason there can be a meta now is because the Top 100 whales have spent tens of thousands to accumulate heroes over several years. It’s more meaningful to call it an environment, not a meta, because it doesn’t fit the criteria for a meta.

Saying this game has a meta is wrong.

Your last paragraph is elitist garbage. Most of the millions who play this game don’t care about what you do, and wish you would go away. If you want to claim responsibility for how the game is going, then good luck to you sir lol. The idea that you have a meta unavailable to the trash masses is just a fantasy, maybe you need it to justify the obscene amount of money you’ve spent to rent nothing.

I wish these elitists would stop commenting, they’re so out of touch with reality.

Sad elitist trolls are worth ignoring and not much else.

Also what competitive play are you talking about. This game includes many Pay to Win mechanics. Boards are completely based on RNG which removes all skill and you still think you are playing a competitive game?

1 Like

You’ll notice that everyone that bought their way to the top thinks they played their way to the top.

It’s like the old saying, they were born on third base believing they hit a triple.

1 Like

You misunderstand my point.
The vast majority of players would never care about any buffs or nerfs to heroes because they’re not affected by it much. They use what they can, and will continue to do so.

However, when you get to the top ~300 alliances (that’s 9000 players), it’s these guys that actually hold the game afloat (financially among other things), whether you want to accept it or not. And there is definitely a meta there.

And for the record, I’m f2p.

2 Likes

Please chill for a split second and consider this:

1. Whales are important for the game because they are what drives profits.
  2. The rest of the playerbase is also important because it’s the lifeblood of the game. I am in no way denying this.
  3. Buffs and nerfs to meta heroes will improve the top300 meta and overall game health. Banging one’s head against a Telluria wall isn’t fun for anyone.
  4. Buffs and nerfs to meta heroes are not going to negatively affect the 99% who don’t care about the meta. Why are you so militant against this?
  5. I am not saying I am better than anyone, but providing the context on why these changes are necessary. Take a chill pill.
6 Likes

I’m so tired of SG acting like Telly and the inflexibility of emblems are not the root causes of this stale new meta game (at top level, anyway)

Vela is being thrown under the bus to scapegoat for core design flaws in the current game. No other hero that deals extra damage against an element is getting nerfed - and that’s because they don’t have a hero partner that’s as ridiculously versatile and tanky as emblemed Telly to synergize with.

Core issues imo:

• No other hero with tanky stats comparable to Telly deals teamwide chip damage, has a teamwide buff AND a teamwide enemy debuff
 not to mention Paladin talent and shield path making her even tankier, which enables Vela’s Fire hate to seem like a bigger problem than it is
  • Emblems skew hero’s stats even more to a certain direction, and are extremely time consuming & costly to build up & move around 5* heroes - makes variety tough to achieve.
  • Lack of accessible Fire cleansers & dispellers. This forces the attacker to bring neutral element heros to Telly tank fights, which ironically makes Vela less of a problem (My win rate vs GTV has gone up significantly after I stopped trying to force Fire heros in my team)

Possible Solutions:

• Readjust Telly’s stats so that her Health and Defense isn’t at 1000+/1500+ with emblems & max troops. Tone down her attack % damage, but raise the attack stat
  • Add a way to cost effectively move emblems around, or scale down how many additional stat points are given per node
  • Introduce accessible Fire heros with cleanse and dispel

Personally I don’t think Telly or Vela needs more nerfing. They are beatable as is, and further nerfs would directly contradict SG’s logic of “keeping the balance of the game while keeping heros unique”. (Telly’s versatile support is unique - just might be a bit much with tanky stats and the rigid emblem system. Vela is strong against element - that’s what makes her unique.)

It’s the emblem system and lack of accessibly utility Fire heros that are making this such a problem.
Really, SG just wants to make the top level meta less stale, and they are not understanding the root cause of this.

Notes: I have Vela, don’t have Telluria, been playing the game over 20 months, C2P, spent less than $40 CAD total. My roster contains lots of emblems 4s, have zero emblemed 5s

11 Likes

The hero teams you use are customizable, organized play exists in the form of alliance wars, tournaments exist literally, and strategies shift with new hero releases, albeit mostly if the hero released is very strong.

But we could still agree to disagree, I guess.

DUDE

You sound insufferable through this entire thread! The other guy has been completely reasonable the entire time. You are oddly making this sound like a political debate when it shouldn’t be at all. Not in this context atleast.

You are being militant and unreasonable. You are not listening to other people and just acting like a downright ■■■■■■■■

Edit:

Just so i don’t make another post that’s off topic to respond to this person
 golf does have a meta? The type of club and ball you use varies incredibly. There are plenty of types of clubs with what they are made of, the angle of the club, and trends that come and go. Same with the ball themselves. There is also new trends in the type of swing you have as well. Obviously you have never played golf competitively because there are so many variations we can get into on how people can forge their own meta into the golf community with various trends and technologies that arise

10 Likes

I can see no change in Telluria’s skills

3 Likes

I feel like we’re both doing useless nitpicking here.

Whether or not you call it a meta, the issue of a set of heroes being overly dominant in the diamond arena exists, and I don’t see how fixing it would hurt anyone.

2 Likes

Completely wrong. On average you need 100/1.3 = ~77 summons to get the HotM. Depending on where you summon the cost for this is roughly 20-25k gems. Even if we exclude free summons through tokens and cheap gem offers that’s about 200-300$ (again depending upon the amount of gems bought at a time).

The amounts of money you mention are needed to have an extremely high probability (way more than 99% I guess) to get a specific hero (you will never 100% even if you spend a million).

2 Likes

Perhaps. I will admit I was lazy and took the first search result on the topic I found that was highly approved. Maybe that was indeed 99%.

This is also a point. How many war and raids attacks we all lost just because the board wanted us to lose?

The pvp battles victories are almost “random” just like everything in the game.

You need experience to manage boards, of course. But sometimes it’s a death sentence even using 3.1.1

Some boards have no solution and all you can do is throw stones at your enemies, fill their mana and be killed.

Starting boards are ALSO to blame inside the meta problem. Starting a board with 1 or 3 stones only of your main element is trash. Should’ve been analyzed by sgg already to prevent that.

1 Like

This topic has been temporarily locked due to a high amount of inappropriate posts.

Please review the Forum Rules.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 110 minutes.