Costumed Joon (Secondary Costume) - 5* Holy / Yellow from Season 1

New Season 1 Secondary Costume is released: Costumed Joon

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Joon, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Joon.

Costumed Joon

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Barbarian
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
+3 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
+3 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
+3 Costume
Origin Family
Costume Chamber Classic
Image Aether Power Description
ailment-immunity Ailment Immunity At the start of each battle, this Hero is immune to new status ailments for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Stellar Beam
  • Deals 260% damage to target and nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies receive 180 Burn damage over 3 turns.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -35% accuracy for 3 turns. Chance to miss also applies to offensive Special Skills.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Classic Family Bonus

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Costumed Joon from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 1 of Secondary Season 1 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v50]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Joon ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Joon.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Joon and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Joon worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Joon on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Joon ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Joon as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Joon Barbarian Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Joon’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Joon and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Joon, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Joon when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Joon, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Joon (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Joon), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Costumed Joon (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Joon worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Joon would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Joon’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Damage Dealer (Over Time)
  • Accuracy Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Joon compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Joon’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Joon’s Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Joon’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Joon is better ?

• Normal Joon
  • Costumed Joon (Old Costume)
  • Costumed Joon (Secondary Costume)

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Joon worth giving Monk Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Joon is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Joon is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Joon worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Joon then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

1 Like

I never worked on joon. When I got him late in my play I had other great heroes. Now I got his 1st and 2nd costume. Is he worth leveling?

I think so… he’s got the extra bonus and high stats nice to switch between sniper and 3.

@PlayForFun

There are 2 costumes… :smile:

3 Likes

Thank u and hit three is w blind and burn is better than before. Effectively an Aoe now w less damage but more ailments to more folks right?

Sorry, I will add the both costume version as an option later.

1 Like

Summoned him this morning. Welcome addition as I use the base hero in one of my war teams, but am trying to shake off the feeling of being slightly underwhelmed by his special skill.

A rough calculation seems to show his damage is slightly less than Faline:

• Faline (+20+LB): ~990 attack x 330% = 3,267
  • c2Joon (+20+LB): ~1,048 attack x 260% = 2,725 plus 299 burn with a level 30 mana troop.

Having said that, the burn DOT, potential bleed DOT, blind (and mana speed boost from costume bonus) are probably enough to compensate.

2 Likes

260% is not great. New heroes are almost 400% to three. Yeah yeah he does a dot and blind but neither is a substitute for raw direct damage.

7 Likes

Now I have added all 3 options.
Sorry, but it means the previous votes are not visible.

3 Likes

To me he is meant to be paired up with other hit-3 heroes (preferably a debuffer like c1Leo or cWB or even Bogart).

I think a 1-2-3 punch from cWB/Bogart-c1Leo-c2Joon is very likely to wipe out 3 or at least leave them critically wounded. Or c1Leo-Faline-c2Joon if you have Faline to increase your chances of killing all 3.

1 Like

He seems to be in a similar league to Dr Moreau and Costumed Drake if I’m not mistaken?

3 Likes

Honestly, other than the higher base stats, I’m not sure he’s better than 4 year old original Drake. Drake hits for 270%, more than Joon’s 260%. Both blind for 35% for 3 turns. So, it’s just a toss up between Drake’s elemental buff (attack and defense up for 6 turns) and Joon’s DoT. In any sort of yellow stack, I’d prefer Drake’s abilities. Joon seems really outclassed compared to all of the OP heroes coming out lately.

4 Likes

Managed to snag him, already have the base maxed. Gonna try him out with Uraeus and Matilda for that DOT amplification.

2 Likes

Also class. I’d probably take Drake’s monk class over C2Joon’s barbarian.

2 Likes

Drake/C-Drake and Dr Moreau were top-of-the-line heroes at the time each was released.

With the seemingly hundreds of heroes released since then, I’m not so sure the same could be said for C2-Joon.

2 Likes

Is this costume a form of blackface? Isn’t blackface inappropriate?

No, this costume is not black face.

7 Likes

This costume is his Dark (Devil) form, since he finally awaken and found a way to target more than one enemy :grinning:

He is fine. Not op but strong enough to use in 3X hit three teams.

1 Like

Whats the stat boost to original joon for fully levelling up one of his costumes? Cheers, i just pulled this dude from HA10

Attack stat is different though, Joon has 26 more attack and dont forget his dot and costume bonus

I would say c2 is marginally better than vanilla Drake but not by much frankly, noting that Drakes def and hp is better

2 Likes