🌑 Costumed Hathor – Season 5 Costume – 5* Fire / Red: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 5 Costume is Released: Costumed Hathor

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Hathor, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Hathor.

Costumed Hathor

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Cleric
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 5 Moon
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Effects on Special Skill
50% chance to perform the following actions when this character casts their Special Skill:
- Boosts health of all allies by 10%. Boosted Heath can exceed max HP.
- All allies gain a small amount of mana.
:hourglass: Ability: Guaranteed Effect on Special Skill
When this character casts their Special Skill, any of their PAssive Skills that grant extra effects on cast are guaranteed to activate.
:hourglass: Ability: Resist Mana Generation Stopping
This character has an innate resistance against status ailments that affect stop mana generation.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Motherly Love
  • All allies rgenerate 640 Boosted health over 4 turns. Boosted Heath can exceed max HP.
  • All allies are immune to new status ailments for 4 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Moon Family

Bonus for 1 / 2 Heroes:

• 50% / 75% chance to make a cast -24% defense for 2 turns and X Water damage over 2 turns on an enemy who deals Special Skill damage to this character.
  • If the enemy’s Special Skill defeats this character, the chance is 75% / 100%
    (X = 196 for Legendary Heroes, 142 for Epic Heroes, 114 for Rare Heroes)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Some rewording on Guaranteed Effect on Special Skill passive, but no change on the behavior.
  • Resist Healing Ailment passive is replaced to Resist Mana Generation Stopping.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 1 of Season 5 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v64]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Hathor ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Hathor.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Hathor and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Hathor worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Hathor on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Hathor ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Hathor as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Hathor Cleric Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Hathor’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Hathor and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Hathor, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Hathor when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Hathor, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Hathor (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Hathor), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Costumed Hathor (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Hathor worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Hathor would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Hathor’s Primary Purpose is?

• HP Booster (Over Time)
  • Ailment Immuniser
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Hathor compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Hathor’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Hathor’s Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Hathor’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Hathor is better ?

• Normal Hathor
  • Costumed Hathor
0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Hathor worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Hathor is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Hathor is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Hathor worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Hathor then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

4 turn buff immunity at fast is nice, but that overheal is becoming less and less relevant. Especially with 5* Troops, which raise HP so much that fixedd healing (overheal or HoT) become crap.

Honestly I wouldn’t go for these costumes if I had base heroes. I lack those, and with costume bonuses their stats are pretty nice. LB2+20 Hathor with matched 5* troop will be nearly unkillable.

I hate that they added a passive that prevents players from invoking strategies to keep Hathor from dominating the game situationally.

To block healing ailments goes too far.

So, it says one of these two things to me:

1. They couldn’t think of a way to be creative with the design of this costume version.

2. They’re trying to pump up the pull rate for the Season V portal.

Either way, more frustration and less fun when Raiding.

1 Like

Had she’d received the stats update with the ‘big balance update’. Making this costume a lot more interesting.

A Day at the Office:

SG Intern: “Heard we’re giving Hathor a costume. I have a few ideas for the new skill…”

SG Bosses: “What are we paying you for? She’s a healer. Just change the direct heal to HoT. Then restock the toilet paper in the executive bathroom. After that, you’re fired.”

Intern: “You’re not paying me. It’s an unpaid internship”

Boss: “Oh. Disregard what I said then. Keep up the great work!”

Intern: “Cool. So my idea was to an add a unique skill that would encourage players to level multiple copies and…”

Boss: “No, I meant disregard the being fired part. Continue on with the rest. And make sure that executive toilet gets the two-ply. I had the flaming hot burritos for lunch”

Intern: “FML”

3 Likes

costume makes normal hathor very fast - thats its selling point

and a very fast hathor is nuts btw- people will summon like crazy for this costume

1 Like

I was very Lucky and got her on the 7th pull.

Not only does normal Hathor become very fast with a magic (not mana) troop and a bard, but the 100% passive also applies to the normal version.

So normal Hathor always heals for 480 + 10% and also always gives a small amount of mana.

10% is not much but is made more valuable with 5* troops.

7 Likes

Pulled in 9…

5 Likes

Did you mean magic troop? I don’t think she can become VF with a mana troop.

Agree that the guaranteed 10% boosted health is useful, which would be around 250-350 on average. Makes her heal a little more relevant, but agree with some comments that % heals are superior to fixed heals with the 5* troops.

Also interestingly they changed her passive to resisting mana blocking which I assume just covers mana silencers (not mindless)?

I’m not sure if I or someone else brought this up on the forums before, but the reason behind each costume at this point is to ensure that old heroes don’t outclass new ones. They want to avoid the c.Alasie/c. G.Panther fiasco, so now the costumes are literally upgraded versions of the base with little to no changes. It’s sad really, because the potential to have a much wider variety of defenses could have made the game more interesting, but alas, these developers have no imagination and a terrible marketing team.

2 Likes

Sorry, I meant magic not mana. I corrected the post

Thanks

1 Like

Correct, mindless attack is not blocked. She is still affected by Alfrike, cupido etc.

Could not test against mana silencers (Miki, li xiu c) but from the wording it should not block those either.

It probably only protects against proteus and normal Hel etc

I would have preferred the beta passive „preventing healing block“
But you can‘t have everything. :slight_smile:

The aether power was also changed from counter attack to defense up.
Not sure if this is better or worse…

1 Like

The hero card is updated with the passive changes.
Polls are now enabled.

1 Like

with 6 tiles setup she now outclasses almost every healer considering her role as support hero

its just that mana boost & those insane passives but thats so worthy

1 Like

I would assume it does since silence stops mana gen? But yeah I’ll have to test this too :thinking:

I use Li xiu a lot in the 4* raid tournaments.

Her special only keeps enemies from using their special. Their mana bar continues to fill up under silence . So I do not think that Hathor blocks the mana silence ailment.

5 Likes

Her costume bonus makes the original Hathor very fast

her guaranteed small amount of mana charges any other fast red hero that is played with her

She will now serve the same purpose as Ithar. Prepare for Hathor + x2 Pepperflame.

3 Likes

Pulled her today after only 12 pulls. Pretty ecstatic.

5 Likes

There are still conditions though, as in needing to pair her with a Bard and needing to have a 29 magic troop. Which yep I guess most P2P can achieve :sweat_smile: