:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 783 757 1458
4/90 896 866 1668
Origin Family
Pirates of Corellia Pirates
Image Aether Power Description
revive Revive If this Hero is defeated during the first 4 turns of a battle, they are resurrected in the beginning of their next turn with 1% health. All status effects and stacks are removed when the Hero dies.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Pirate Shot
  • Deals 215% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The more mana the enemies have, the more damage they will receive, up to 335%.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2% chance of summoning Captain Kestrel.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 18 times out of 100, you’ll get Captain Kestrel by pull 100
  • 63 times out of 100, you’ll get Captain Kestrel by pull 500
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Captain Kestrel by pull 1500
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Captain Kestrel by pull 2300

Putting that in Perspective

• 82 out of every 100 people won’t get Captain Kestrel by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned :one::zero::zero: times, 820,000 of those players wouldn’t get Captain Kestrel

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Captain Kestrel by the 1500th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned :one::five::zero::zero: times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Captain Kestrel

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Captain Kestrel (post release)

:question: Is Captain Kestrel worth Summoning For?

Ignore the “Yes, but only when Featured Hero” Option… was an accidental ‘copy/paste’ from a previous poll… There is no Featured Hero in Event Summons Portals.

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else.
  • Yes, but only when the Featured Hero
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Captain Kestrel would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Captain Kestrel’s Primary Purpose is?

• Sniper (Primary Damage Dealer)
  • Finisher (Secondary Damage Dealer)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Captain Kestrel compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Captain Kestrel’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Captain Kestrel worth giving Rogue Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Captain Kestrel is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Captain Kestrel is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

Wow this post got no success at all^^.

I was lucky enough to pull him with my free token pull after completing all 3 events.

I am thinking to level up JF and Elena (with costume) before him.

My only maxed 5* red so far is Kaghan. I have also Marjanna available.

Is Kestrel deserving to be level up before Elena?

in my opinion yes Kestrel before Elena, but JF before Kestrel :slight_smile: congrats on your pull !

1 Like

As the owner of a Kestrel who was my first 5* that I finally got around to final ascending, I’d say he’s alright. I don’t think you’ll regret it, but whether he should be prioritized depends on your bench.

For better and for worse, red heroes are largely defined by SGG as utility first, so offensive punch is something red is pretty poor at in general. So in that field, heroes like Kestrel, JF, and Gravemaker shine. There is still no better red sniper than Marjana.

But that said, Kestrel rarely makes sense as a first choice compared to stronger red utility heroes. He’s quite average when compared to the likes of Kingston, Magni, Lianna, and the like, but in a red stack, you’d be hard pressed to find better.

JF offers more utility and value to an offensive comp than Kestrel, who just shoots things, and not spectacularly at that. Not terribly, not like Elkanen, but not going to blow your socks off either. And being a rogue, one of the strongest classes, helps Kestrel quite a bit.

So you could do worse than Kestrel.

1 Like

Waitttttt a minute. What about Tyr? Is he not better than Marjana as a sniper or am I missing something?

A very nice combo with guardian falcon.

1 Like

Just got him…would u consider him over gkong or QoH?..my maxed reds are marjana grazul mitsy and tyr

G.Kong would be good for the cleanse but since you have Grazul protecting and Mits reflecting, I kind of like Kestrel better for the faster dmg.

If you are using these heroes together on a raid team e.g Rigard, Marjana, Grazul, Mits, Tyr/Kestrel, then I would give the lvl23+ red mana troop to Mits. Unless your have 2 lvl 23+ red mana troops, I would probably do Kestrel first before Kong. Bring Kong to 3/70 and use on another war team with Wilbur.

1 Like

Just finished legendary and used my coins, was very happy to finally get something other than a 3*!

Then I look at his special… The most damage he can do is 335%, if the enemy he hits has full mana…

Why is he so under powered compared to even season 1 snipers like Lianna 512% damage and Sartana 452 + poison damage.

I’d expect Kestrels special to be on a 4* not a 5!

Edit*, just noticed he hits 3, better than I thought.

Does the damage max go off of the initial target or by hero basis?

1 Like

I believe it is based on each individual hero’s mana.

Also I believe 335% damage at 727 attack is the hardest hitting “hit-3” special. That’s why it’s conditional upon enemy’s mana.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply and clarification :slight_smile:

Do you have him?

I’m thinking he will be used in place of my Scarlett once he is maxed out

1 Like

Got him in recent pirates event but doesn’t seem to be too much love but a fast hit 3 with a decent attack seems pretty good. Like a fast but hit less Atomos with no revive

For defence only, between Marj and Kestrel, who would be better in a flank position? Who would be better in wing?

It’s annoying because they share rogue emblems so I can’t emblem both but my initial thought is that Marj is better in the wing but kestrel can do both okay, ie good but worse than Marj on wing and good and better than Marj on flank?

I have a question about how Captain Kestrel’s special relates to the new ninja heroes:

The ninja heroes can charge their mana from anywhere between 1-3 in order to have more devastating specials. The more mana an enemy has, the more damage Captain Kestrel does with his special.

So, if a ninja hero is charged to the first special level, is that considered 100% mana or 33% mana when it comes to how much damage you can expect Kestrel to do to them?

1 Like

This is a very good question, @Guvnor any help?

1 Like

@DDTDuchess & @Stavros1983 – Absolutely no idea. I don’t own Kestrel so had no way to test.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to test it on the tower, but so far, I haven’t had the opportunity to hit the same enemy on the same level under different mana circumstances.

At a GUESS I would say that the scale is from 0-100%. Then overclocked mana (i.e. 200% or 300%) is treated at the max damage on Kestrels scale…

1 Like

Guys should I level kestrel or try? It is for offence raids and wars red stack

Tyr :joy: …::::::.: