:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 588 720 1438
4/80 682 835 1667
Origin Family
Pirates of Corellia Pirates
Image Aether Power Description
revive Revive If this Hero is defeated during the first 4 turns of a battle, they are resurrected in the beginning of their next turn with 1% health. All status effects and stacks are removed when the Hero dies.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Watery Grave
  • Deals 204% damage to all enemies.
  • The caster and nearby allies get +94% defense against Holy for 3 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an Epic Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 25.1% chance of summoning Boomer.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 50 times out of 100, you’ll get Boomer by pull 24 (6,400 gems)
  • 94 times out of 100, you’ll get Boomer by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Boomer by pull 160 (41,600 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 50 out of every 100 people won’t get Boomer by the 24th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned :two::four: times, 500,000 of those players wouldn’t get Boomer

• 6 out of every 100 people won’t get Boomer by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned :one::zero::zero: times, 60,000 of those players wouldn’t get Boomer

• 1 out of every 100 people won’t get Boomer by the 160th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned :one::six::zero: times, 10,000 of those players wouldn’t get Boomer

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Boomer (post release)

:question: Is Boomer worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Boomer would be useful to keep?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • 5 or more

0 voters

:question: What do you think Boomer’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Offence Geared Support Hero
  • Defence Geared Support hero

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Boomer compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Boomer’s Special Skill match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Boomer worth giving Barbarian Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Boomer is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Boomer will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Is boomer is worth for leveling?

If you have another viable dark 4* I would do that. I have him waiting at 3.60 with no plans to take him further.

3 Likes

@zephyr1, the snapshot of Boomer above shows his special at 184%, however the latest Summon portal has his special at 204%.

I am guessing the original votes were based on the old stats and may need to be re-done on the new stats?

Also wanted to ask when the stats were possibley increased? Or is this old news?

1 Like

Good catch!

It’s old news.

Boomer was buffed in Version 1.12 (May 2018) and Version 20 (March 2019):

I’ll edit it in the top post, and have let @Lumi know to update the database and image.

Maybe, but I think people are familiar with Boomer from experience and/or having him, since the last buff was a year ago — and I think the poor ratings accurately reflect even his buffed state.

As one of the very first Event Heroes added to the game, he really hasn’t aged well. He was a bit lackluster to begin with (thus being buffed twice), and has been very thoroughly outclassed by many of the 4* added to the game since.

4 Likes

Whoops. My fault on that. I had noted that the change was made in his stats last year, and then forgot to actually update those stats. Card and database should be all set now. :blush:

2 Likes

New image is posted, thanks for taking care of that so quickly, @Lumi! :heart_decoration:

1 Like

These r my all dark 4 stars so far

My Purple 4* and 5* are as follows:

Rigard x2 + Costume Rigard x2
Sabina (max) + Sabina 1/1
Cyprian (max)
Chesire Cat 3/60
Proteus (max) + Proteus 3/60 + Proteus 1/1
Tiburtus + Cotume Tiburtus (both max)

Boomer 1/1
Stonecleave 1/1

Quintus 1/1
Domita 1/20
Grimble 2/60

It’s just trap tools I would need to max any of them, even the 5* I have everything else to at least max 1 of them. Should I go with Boomer, or get Domitia as far as I can, and wait for all trap tools then max her? Or is Boomer worth making me wait longer with Domita? I have 3/4 Trap Tools, but I would need 8 total for Domitia, right? I only have one offensive (Tiburtus) hero for Dark right now

I kinda had an idea of having costumed Tiburtus + Ursena + Boomer in a purple mono. Should deal nice dmg considering they are all average Mana speed.

1 Like

A bit sad this thread… I’ve had Boomer for a while and have done nothing with him.

I am thinking of putting together a Pirate team.

Same here, I have had him a while now.
I have had many different, better options.
Not sure mine will ever get maxed, i still have other priorities: 2x Sartana, Domitia, Gafar, 3x Proteus, 4x Rigard + Costume, Quintus + Costume, 2nd Clarissa, 2nd Fura.

Yes, there are so many options, I’ve just recently been getting into “family” teams, working hard on my Grimforest outfit.

So my second favourite are the Pirates. I simply like them. The characters. So it’s sad to see someone “let down the team” or be the weakest link in the chain.

When there’s some awesome Pirates like Lady Locke(have), Finley(have not), even Peters (have 3) or Marie Therese(want want want, possibly my favourite artwork)

With the event coming up it made me think of Boomer.

Anyone else still think he’s really rubbish?

The only thing I can think may make him half decent is if he was stacked with costume Tibertus

1 Like

He hits like a wet noodle, especially compared with Agwe who does essentially the exact same thing, only in a different color way.

There’s only two use-cases for Boomer IMO:

• Raid Tournament tank – he’s a good 4* tank for all formats, with decent~ish damage and his buff protecting the center from his weakness.
  • cTiburtus → Boomer is a nice combo for the rarity

Mines maxed since I got him back in 2018.

I barely used him then honestly (for wars when I was forced to, until I got better heroes), and I’ve only really used him in raid tournament offense since then.

Even as a tank for 4* tournaments, Boomer faces a lot of competition for emblems in 4* rarity. So I haven’t really used mine there as a tank since I won’t expect good things from him without emblems. His competition is namely Gretel and Grimm. Jott, Gormek, and even Little John are better options too IMO as they come with more useful secondary abilities and/or better damage.

5 Likes

Anyone here enjoy using Boomer? I never considered him when looking at purple heroes. But Im doing Lady Locke next. Together with Peters they should work nicely.

Don’t consider it. How often are you up against a 4 star mono yellow team? I did a comparison between him and Tiburtus and against all yellow, Boomer is the hitter, everywhere else as an esteemed member (@Kalis) noted above, he hits like a wet noodle.

EDIT: but as @DaveCozy notes below he does have niche uses, just their are better ones out there worth waiting for. @DaveCozy The costumes we most desire can elude us all. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Viable as tank, Boomer competes with the other purple epics like Cyprian and Jabbar. Among the 3, Boomer is the MEH one.

1 Like