New Pirates of Corellia Hero: Finley!
Pirates Family Bonus
Special Skill: Commodore’s Revenge
- Deals 385% damage to the target.
- If the target has buffs, targets another enemy with buffs. If none of the other enemies have buffs, targets a random enemy. The damage is reduced on each consecutive hit. Each enemy can only be hit once.
- All hit targets get -34% defense for
Changes from Beta
What do you think of Finley?
This thread is for initial thoughts and discussion on Finley.
Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Finley and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.
Some Popular Questions for Discussion
Is he worth summoning for?
Would you use him on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?
Would you give Finley Ranger Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?
What do you think of his special?
What do you think of his character design?
Avoiding Overspending & Heartache
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Challenge Event Hero?
Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.
It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.
On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2% chance of summoning Finley.
But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.
Some useful insights:
- 18 times out of 100, you’ll get Finley by pull 100
- 63 times out of 100, you’ll get Finley by pull 500
- 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Finley by pull 1500
- 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Finley by pull 2300
Putting that in Perspective
82 out of every 100 people won’t get Finley by the 100th pull
If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 820,000 of those players wouldn’t get Finley
5 out of every 100 people won’t get Finley by the 1500th pull
If 1 Million players each summoned 1500 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Finley
More Insights & Reading
I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:
If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later.
Wondering About Your Personal Situation?
Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.
If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.
Have an Insight on Finley’s Game Mechanics?
Click for Info on Creating Player Guides
This thread is a great place to discuss anything and everything related to Finley.
Once those discussions have yielded notable insights, I encourage others to make reference guides in #player-guides that synopsize specific questions and answers about Finley.
Topics that are most appropriate for that are ones that players are likely to be searching for or wondering about in the future.
Creating a guide is a good way to make that information findable in the future without having to read through a ton of posts. You can make use of the Forum quote feature to avoid having to rewrite explanations that have already been well written.
Here’s an example of such a post: [GUIDE] How does the Queen of Hearts’ Taunt work with AoE specials, or specials affecting nearby enemies in addition to the target?
Related Threads You May Be Interested In
- 🏴☠ New Pirates of Corellia Challenge Event – FAQ, Discussion & Summoning Results
- 🧪 Early Information on New Pirates of Corellia Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V23]
- 🧪 Early Information on the new Challenge Event Heroes (Pirates of Corellia, Fables of Grimforest, Guardians of Teltoc, Knights of Avalon, and Wonderland) [Part of The Beta Beat v23]