:shield:
Defense
:heart:
Health
753 745 1314

:family_man_woman_girl_boy: Pirates Family Bonus

:dizzy: Special Skill: Commodore’s Revenge

• Deals 385% damage to the target.
  • If the target has buffs, targets another enemy with buffs. If none of the other enemies have buffs, targets a random enemy. The damage is reduced on each consecutive hit. Each enemy can only be hit once.
  • All hit targets get -34% defense for 43 turns.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

Finley’s Defense Debuff duration appears to have been reduced from 4 turns to 3 turns.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Finley?

This thread is for initial thoughts and discussion on Finley.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Finley and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is he worth summoning for?

• Would you use him on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Would you give Finley Ranger Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of his special?

• What do you think of his character design?

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a Challenge Event Hero?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2% chance of summoning Finley.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 18 times out of 100, you’ll get Finley by pull 100
  • 63 times out of 100, you’ll get Finley by pull 500
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Finley by pull 1500
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Finley by pull 2300

Putting that in Perspective

• 82 out of every 100 people won’t get Finley by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 820,000 of those players wouldn’t get Finley

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Finley by the 1500th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 1500 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Finley

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:bulb: Have an Insight on Finley’s Game Mechanics?

Click for Info on Creating Player Guides

This thread is a great place to discuss anything and everything related to Finley.

Once those discussions have yielded notable insights, I encourage others to make reference guides in Player Guides that synopsize specific questions and answers about Finley.

Topics that are most appropriate for that are ones that players are likely to be searching for or wondering about in the future.

Creating a guide is a good way to make that information findable in the future without having to read through a ton of posts. You can make use of the Forum quote feature to avoid having to rewrite explanations that have already been well written.

Here’s an example of such a post: [GUIDE] How does the Queen of Hearts’ Taunt work with AoE specials, or specials affecting nearby enemies in addition to the target?

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

5 Likes

SG are trying to put a must have hero in each event to increase spending and looks like Finley is it for Pirates

9 Likes

He seems rather interesting, I can see a lot of synergies with other heroes as well, I kind of feel sorry for Aegir tanks as Finley will really be his hard counter, he will hit everyone and lower their defence negating Aegir buff while leaving the spirit link on for you to continue to dump tiles without consequence on him while ripping apart other heroes due to def down.

Also can see a very nice synergy with Snow White when she comes out.

Overall a nice addition to the blue stack and will be a good flank for my BK or Yunan tank :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

How much is the damage reduced with additional hits? Is it roughly half, like a Misandra or nearby enemies to Elkanen’s target? Does it continually decrease, or just full damage first hit then equivalent reduced damage on all subsequent hits?

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: :pirate_flag: New Pirates of Corellia Challenge Event – FAQ, Discussion & Summoning Results

Also, was he still seeming overpowered in his final iteration in beta? He still seems strong, but @Kerridoc seemed to imply he was OP, though did not clarify if that was pre or post nerf

1 Like

Agreed, Aegir tanks must fear him for now on. It’s similar for Wilbur. I’m playing the epic event first and if you don’t kill Finley quickly he attacks all and makes the def down for all heroes while spirit link is still up. If he can immediately attack again, and well, he’s fast, it hurts a lot. I don’t recommend bringing Wilbur to the boss fight in stage 15. I haven’t completed it yet but I think it’s wise to leave him out.

The special animation is dope btw.

In the previous discussion threads I’ve seen that it seems like a 20% decrease per additional hit. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did a ten pull in my junior account and he showed up. I even have matts to ascend him (sorry Arthur, it was so close to you).

Very happy to be able to play with him. I also see his value in tournaments, where buffs are important.

He indeed looks to be the number one hero in this event, i wonder if he would be superior to alasie though… i’ve been waiting for alasie to return on atlantis portal, but now i’m concidering pulling for finley.

Based on the changes in Finley’s beta beat, he used to do more damage and did -44%. So a fast speed Isarnia that just required a bit of good timing? Yeah that seems dumb op to me.

1 Like

The final version had his effect reduced from -44% to -34% defense, his duration decreased from 4 to 3 turns and his damage on subsequent hits got lowered by 80% on every new target.

He is still very strong but not as broken as before.

4 Likes

He seems a bit overpowered, in raids enemies are almost always going to have buffs active.

1 Like

Finally, we have a 5* version of Valen (he was the only fast def- hero before, aside from the conditional Cheshire Cat). Finley has Isarnia’s range against buffed teams though, which is crazy. He’s worth pulling for sure.

Good counter to teams that tank with buffers Aegir, Guinevere, Ursena… pretty much any tank that buffs themselves, with the exception of ones with counter-attack like Boss Wolf (he may still be good, but will likely suicide after hitting three targets), or the obvious reflect-blue Mitsuko.

1 Like

Uff.
Well,yeah he’s pretty OP. Fast mana and has a high potential of attacking all enemies. Just pair him with Wilbur and you’re good to go.

I gotta test out how he works against QoH. I usually pair her with Wilbur, so the Minion might survive the first hit. Gonna report back.

Edit:

So obviously when QoH still has minions he does not attack again
Interestingly he also doesn’t attack twice if he kills the minion with the first hit. Dunno if that’s intended or not

3 Likes

Finley wouldn’t be good against Mitsuko. The damage and lowered attack would be reflected. Finley would kill himself on a Mitsuko defense.

Edit: I misread. Sorry! You meant he’d be bad against Mitsuko. I’m dumb.

4 Likes

Well… I had Arthur at the wall, Misandra at 2/60, was about to start working on Isarnia. Pop goes Finley.

With Frida and Ariel maxed, I wasn’t pumped about Arthur. Misandra has always seemed a bit meh to me.

So winner winner chicken dinner Finley will get 6 of my 8 scopes.

I hate Aegir tanks and it feels like every Aegir tank has a GM flank. So I’ll just start stacking to GM once I have Finley maxed

6 Likes

I really would love to get Finley (or any pirate for that matter as I haven’t gotten one yet)! He’s like if Hatter and Misandra had a baby that they gave to Isarnia to raise. I haven’t ever felt good about Misandra since when I raid with her or against her, I never really see her use those 3 extra random attacks, but Finley is like GUARUNTEED to get to use his extra strikes, and thus, everyone has -defense. Praying I pull him on some challenge coins.

5 Likes

He’s the best pirate in my opinion. I took Kiril to a battle against him and I instantly regretted it. Finley’s special hit all my buffed heroes and did a lot of damage. I hope he is as good in raids as he is in the pirates event.

1 Like