🏴‍☠ [Jan 2021] Pirates of Corellia Challenge Event – Guides, Discussion & Summoning Results

The Pirates of Corellia Challenge Event!!

NOTE: This thread is being posted 1 WEEK before the start of the event to facilitate early discussions. Table below has full dates & times

Start Time End Time Duration
2021-01-14T07:00:00Z 2021-01-18T07:00:00Z 4.0 days
Reflected Color
:new_moon_with_face: Dark/Purple

:world_map: @Mariamne & @cap’s Original Stage Guide

Rewards Summary

Credit: @Mariamne
Source: 🌟 Memento 5 Challenge Events

Click for Rewards Summary by Mariamne

NOTE: Completion Rewards will be given even if the final stage is completed after the event ended, as long as it’s started before the event ends.

:world_map: Alternative Guides

Transcript Guide to “Copy Paste” into In-Game Chat

Credit: @FighterJack
Source: 🏴‍☠ [Aug 2020] Pirates of Corellia Challenge Event – Guides, Discussion & Summoning Results

Expand to copy into game chat

Pirates of Corellia
Reflected: :elementdark:
[#4396ff]F = Finley
[#ff2508]CK = Captain Kestrel
[#10ff18]LL = Lady Locke
[#a569bd]MT = Marie-Thérèse
S = Sargasso
B = Boomer
[#10ff18]P = Peters
[#4396ff]V = Vodnik

Format:
Element(s) for waves 1 & 2 / Boss stage in order
1: :elementdark::elementnature: / :elementnature: [#4396ff]V :elementnature:
[#ffffff]2: :elementdark::elementfire: / :elementdark: [#10ff18]P :elementdark:
[#ffffff]3: :elementfire: / :elementfire: [#a569bd]B :elementfire:
[#ffffff]4: :elementdark::elementnature: / :elementdark: [#10ff18]LL :elementdark:
[#ffffff]5: :elementdark::elementnature: / :elementnature: [#ff2508]CK :elementnature:

6: :elementdark::elementnature: / :elementdark: [#4396ff]F :elementdark:
[#ffffff]7: :elementfire::elementnature: / :elementnature: [#a569bd]MT :elementnature:
[#ffffff]8: :elementfire::elementnature: / :elementfire: [#a569bd]S :elementfire:
[#ffffff]9: :elementdark::elementfire: / [#10ff18]P [#4396ff]V [#a569bd]B
[#ffffff]10: :elementdark::elementnature: / [#a569bd]MT B

11: :elementdark::elementfire: / [#10ff18]P [#4396ff]F
[#ffffff]12: :elementdark::elementfire: / [#10ff18]LL [#ff2508]CK
[#ffffff]13: :elementfire::elementnature: / [#4396ff]V [#a569bd]S B
[#ffffff]14: :elementdark::elementfire: / [#10ff18]P [#4396ff]F [#ff2508]CK
[#ffffff]15: :elementnature: / [#a569bd]MT S [#10ff18]LL

Overall Event Summary by @VeryQuietly

Credit: @VeryQuietly
Source: Quick Reference Sheet and Graphics for Events, HOTM, hero types, summon portals, cost comparison

Click for Summary of All Events

Guide by @Zartanis

Credit: @Zartanis
Source: Building, Crafting, Event, Talent Grid Guides, etc

Click for Quick Guide

Click for Full Guide inc. Boss/ Mob HP's

Guide by @ColdHands

Credit: @ColdHands
Source: Challenge Events by CH

Click for guide (inc. Boss HP)

:gem: Summons Costs

Like all other Event Summon Portals, the Portal Cost is per below:

Single Summon

• 10 Challenge Coins
    OR
  • 300 Gems

10x Summon

• 2600 Gems

:game_die: Summoning Appearance Rates

Please note that Challenge Event Heroes are amongst the lowest odds of any Hero in the game. Even with a large number of Summons, you are very likely not to get Challenge Event Heroes, particularly 5*.

I highly recommend setting and sticking to a budget for Summoning to avoid overspending and frustration.

APPEARANCE RATES
Rare Classic Hero: 63.1%
Epic Classic Hero: 20.8%
Legendary Classic Hero: 1.5%

Rare Event Hero: 7.9%
Epic Event Hero: 5.7%
Legendary Event Hero 1.0%

BONUS DRAW
Legendary Hero of the Month: 1.3%

:money_with_wings: Analysis of Summon Appearance Rates

This table shows the cumulative probability of different Summon events, based on a total number of Summons (1x, 10x, 30x, 100x, 500x, 1500x). Based on 10,000 gems costing 99.99 USD, I have also added an approximate $ cost too.

Please note that NO occurrence is ever actually 100%; the 100% entries in the table below indicate cumulative probabilities sufficiently close to 100% that they are expressed as such for simplicity. All other numbers are rounded to the nearest 0.1%.

Occurence 1x
US$3.00
10x
US$26.00
30x
US$77.99
100x
US$259.97
500x
US$1,299.87
1500x
US$3,899.61
Get at Least 1 Pirates Hero (3*-5*) 14.6% 79.4% 99.1% 100% 100% 100%
Get at Least 1 of Any 5* Pirates Hero 1.0% 9.6% 26.0% 63.4% 99.3% 100%
Get at Least 1 Particular 5* Pirates Hero 0.2% 2.0% 5.8% 18.1% 63.2% 95.0%
Get at Least 1 of Any 4* Pirates Hero 5.7% 44.4% 82.8% 99.7% 100% 100%
Get at Least 1 Particular 4* Pirates Hero 2.85% 25.1% 58.0% 94.5% 100% 100%
Get at Least 1 3* Pirates Hero 7.9% 56.1% 91.5% 99.9% 100% 100%

Putting That In Perspective

• If 1 million players each spent US$26.00 to do 10 Summons, 206,000 of those players would NOT get ANY Pirates Heroes

• If 1 million players each spent US$259.97 to do 100 Summons, 366,000 of those players would NOT get ANY Pirates 5* Heroes

• If 1 million players each spent US$1,299.87 to do 500 Summons, 368,000 of those players would NOT get a particular Pirates 5* Hero

Summary Graphic of Portal Odds

See below amazing summary graphic by @Dorkus showing what odds you can really expect from the various summons portals in the game:

:link: Related Threads

Related Info:

Hero Threads:

Previous Threads:

15 Likes

Has the August dates in it still.

Thank you for your unending work on these threads.

5 Likes

Is Pirates confirmed meaning we definitely won’t see League of Villains this month?

1 Like

Yes. Villians just entered beta, I wouldn’t expecf to see it released anytime soon. It got released during the holiday season so it’s a heavy WIP.

New content needs an update. No update & no release notes thus no new content.

4 Likes

Is it worth summoning there? Or is grimforest/riddles of wonderland a better place for my coins?

I got 0 heroes from those 3 events

Depends on what heroes you need. Finley is obviously a great 5*. I have Peters from this event and he’s a good 4*. Fast and silences opponent. Fits right into my green mono team.

But the best event to summon imo is Teltoc, since there are the 3 Guardians : Jackal, Panther, and Falcon who does the rare elemental defense down.

4 Likes

Awww, reflect purple means boss-killer Proteus has to be benched :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yep, I totally agree, but I got 1 jackal and 2 falcons already, so teltoc isn’t my first choice for the next summons :stuck_out_tongue:

For Event quests I’m looking for helpful 4* (and I feel like Hansel + Gretel seem pretty strong), if I’m able to get a 5* it’s a bonus ofc :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have Boomer, the other 4* from this event, and he’s still at level 1, so I’d say keep the coins for another event. There is a new Event coming soon too and if the trend is continued, the heroes there will be stronger than the current events.

2 Likes

2nd and 3rd Jackals will probably still add more to your team results than either of the 4* on offer here.

Hansel is good but Jackal will still come to fights long after you have 30 maxed 5* (unless you get Leo’s upcoming costume and max three of him).

Have 4 Jackals, two at +20. Fragile but worth it…

With Pirates the prize is Finley but take a look at the odds Guvnor posted above to see how willing you are to go “all in”.

Consolation prizes in events (ie 4*): I believe Jackal to be the best, 2nd Jackal remains the best. 3rd Jackal we can discuss.

Both Peters & Hansel are useful but you will outgrow them for raids and titans. Tournaments and events give them something to do occasionally. The risk in Pirates is that you summon Boomer who deserves to sit at the end of your bench trying, and failing, to drink rum (it keeps spilling out between his ribs).

4 Likes

Okay thanks for the input guys, so I won’t waste any coins/gems for this event, only fishing for Finley isn’t worth it for me, not spending much on the game, that’s why I’m looking more for 4* because of the odds :slight_smile:

A second jackal would be great for sure, I just love Hansels artwork and his SS, don’t know why :smiley:

1 Like

Hansel is one of my most used 4* heroes. I’ve actually emblemed my Hansel to +20 and he’s so good! Particularly in very fast wars and tournaments.
Honestly don’t think you’d regret one of him.
I’d hold out on this event as well tbh. Obviously 5s are good but odds so bad. 3 and 4* aren’t good enough here

2 Likes

Think boomer gets a bad time he ain’t to bad depends where you are in the game.
A costume rigard costume tibs and a boomer can do a bit of damage. For a titan or even in a raid and war. There ain’t that many direct damage dark hero’s.

Planning to do some summons here although it will be hard to put gems towards this with new costumes coming out this month.

Hoping for Finley, Kestrel and Peters. Lady Locke would be nice as well for her DoT (which is great against Krampus) but her average speed cleanse is not nearly as useful now that I have Francine.

1 Like

Lady Locke is an absolute beast. I got very lucky last time and got her with coins. I have her emblemed up and she does around 1200-1300 dmg if her special is not cleansed.

2 Likes

I have had Lady Locke since the last one but have not touched her (I always had someone else to do: Telluria, Lianna, Kingston, Evelyn, LotL, Ratatoskr).

I guess you’d recommend getting her to 3/70 next?
For greens, I have either Lady Locke or Kadilen (or 2nd Telly, or 2nd Ratatoskr)

Maybe wait and see if you get the Kadilen costume? That dodge of hers is a real nuisance whenever I have to face her

1 Like

Yes i absolutely recommend leveling her up. She wont do that well at 3/70 as her DoT is dependant on her attack stat but you will get some experience with her. She is purely offensive though, i wouldnt use her on defense.

1 Like

Cookie Settings