Capt of diamonds worth final ascension

I’ve had Capt since first riddles was introduced once he got to 3.60.8 i started pulling more blue heros Thorne magni kiril athena miki just to name a few now that I’m at a point where they are all to point of waiting on materials (except magni and athena) is Capt worth the capes.

1 Like

Generally speaking no he is not.

Miki should be the next (if you’re waiting on telescopes).
Kiril should be high priority because healers with additional buffs are great in all facets of the game.

You can sleep on Thorne & Captain of Diamonds for a while.

2 Likes

Completely disagree. Captain of Diamonds will be useful during the Christmas event. Unless you have Gobbler I’d fully ascend the Captain.

3 Likes

Kiril is complete and +8 atm miki and thorne 3.70 and thats what i was thinking for capt as riddles is next and then xmas event with all the minions that will be running around lol

See I’d argue Capt is totally worthy if for nothing else, minion control. A number of the new shiny hotm are minion casters so you either A. Have to be able to beat them before they go off (which, depending on what you have may not be possible) or B. Be packing a hero that can take care of minions (which includes all those druids with emblems).

1 Like

Nobody knows what else you have so it’s hard to say but if you don’t think you can complete Christmas without minion control, then max him. If it’s not a problem anyway I’d go with Miki 1st. He is worth it imo but Miki is better for most other stuff.

As long as everyone else you listed is up to 3/70… yes.

Captain is a good hero (and definitely hardier than Gobbler) especially with Santa coming up in a month. YOU WILL USE HIM! :slight_smile: And that’s the key. When you know you’re going up against minion generators, you will want him. I plan on bringing him along even amongst my 5*.

I agree that Miki should be 3/70 above all else. Same with Athena, she’s elite. Kiril? 4/70 before Captain. Thorne??? ehh… i’d do Cap first.

100% no question.

1 Like

I’m not too fond of Capt. Yes, he’ll help with the holiday event - but I managed just fine last year without him.

1 Like

But last year we didn’t have tournaments with 4* that pop out minions like rats pop out pups.

1 Like

It will be fun to see how Capt would fare in the Christmas event, I have had him at 1/1 all the while, good point, would pull him to max , although he is a weak color against MN and Buddy but strong against Santa…will see how it goes.

Here is a list of heroes off the top of my head (probably missing some) that Captain could feast on.

Delilah, Inari, Buddy, Mother North, Santa, Rudolph, Red Queen, Lady of the Lake, Red Hood, Thoth-Amun, Puss N Boots (Dec), Seshat, CLASSED DRUIDS

These are highly sought-after heroes for the most part and there are only ever going to be more minions. Granted most are 5* but people like their minions and I’d really like to think a classed (Paladin) Captain of Diamond would level a playing field very quickly and reset those often battle-changing minions.

“just get Grimble” yeah, okay. but if someone has 4* captain of diamonds, some paladin emblems to spare and sees a field of minion-summoners? Tell me that’s somehow not useful again?

What other choice is there? Gobbler? No, not really. He’s not a real option.

1 Like

I went ahead and took mine up to 4-1 this morning. He’s been way down on my priority list since I pulled him because he’s so situational, but I don’t have higher priority candidates ATM and as others has mentioned, X-Mas is coming. I consider levelling him to be a luxury move, and if I wasn’t long on mats, I wouldn’t be doing it.

That said, I also plan on at least trying him on 3-2 raids where the opponent is featuring a Seshat. Don’t know if he can deal/sustain enough damage to hang at those levels, but his stats aren’t terrible for a 4 star.

Of the heroes you mentioned, Miki is a rock star, and unless you’ve finished a Kiril already I’d do him first before Captain (and a Grimm, and maybe even a Boril, TBH).

The solution is simple and this hero shouldn’t even be debated, because is one of the most useless 4* in the game. His damage is a joke and a Sonya is way much better than him; she’s a dispeller too. Better upgrading a 2nd Sonya, than a hero you may use once a year… And for what? With such variety of items, you don’t need him at all in your team. Last year I had only 2 5* at 3/70 and 3 epic heroes. And the bosses didn’t even fired. If they don’t fire, why would you need such a hero? Mana control heroes are the solution for every single mission in this game, no matter how hard it is. If you have LJ and Proteus, you don’t even need to bring time stops. So, depends of your roster. This is what I meant with the solution is simple. If you don’t have other heroes and an upgraded forge, than yes, you may consider to level Captain (for one, I fed him at once; I don’t keep useless heroes in my roster). So, bottom line, show me your roster and I’ll tell you how to beat advanced mode. I’m a kind of expert at this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Athena maxxed Grimm +14 miki already 3.70 thorne 3.60 atm magni+1 all my blue 4* are complete and on grid and had the 4 capes thanks to frostmarch and only 2 scopes as far as event my planned team is hel athena deliliah eve and now Capt done this event with sane team other than Capt and used BT +14

…I was starting to think I was crazy and revert to never advising anyone ever again…

2 Likes

Man… With those heroes, I would play while raiding a bike; naked :rofl: Your team should contain Hel, Athena and Eve, yes. But no yellow. Because you are bringing Eve, it is almost mandatory to bring another green AoE or A3E. And BT, yes! You also need red for MN and Buddy.

P.S. If you have Falcon, then should replace Eve and go with 3 reds.

A difference of opinion is quite okay. He has his niche use and, barring any other options, is still worth maxing. He’s a fun hero, and I like fun. I’ve the roster to sustain him and say that if someone has spare capes, why not?

3 Likes

I’m fine with differences in opinion…I’m pro-“you do you”

There was just an overwhelming amount in support of ascension as opposed to my stance that I was wondering if I was evaluating the same hero.

No falcon ive tried and tried no 5* red in over a year of playing but scarlett +14 gormek +8 and sumitomo are only other red 4* i have i pulled elk few days ago and he stuck on 3.70 as well but i do have LJ +3 gad skittle and caedmon +6

And, conversely, the strong negatives from this thread had me doubting whether I was looking at the same hero… I was thinking… dang… he’s better than Gobbler by a long shot.

1 Like