Boril or Cyprian

So i got both cyprian and boril , but not sure which to ascend first what do you think?

2 Likes

Boril Boril Boril. And dare I add, Boril

1 Like

Are those your only 4*s? Neither is great since perfect ripose is vulnerable to buff removal and neither hero stands up to 5s. Boril is slightly better, but I always recommend feeding same color, so think you should level both.

3 Likes

Yes I only got them after paying 2600 gems all the others are rare and no hotm😢 but I got a Balthazar and he seems good should I level him up first?

I am currently bumping up Boril to 4-70. He is flanked by Rigard and Boldtusk. I think that he is a solid raid defense hero. I am happy to use him that way. But, he isn’t very good beyond that.

Boril is great on defense up to about 2000 cups or more. Definitely worth ascending.

Balthazar is the best purple 3*, and also worth ascending. He’s a good hitter!

To my mind those two are alike. So, you can choose either depending on the color you need. Having them both in one team doesn’t make much sense.

While I don’t like riposters in general and don’t have either worked up on my team, I don’t agree with your principle. There are plenty of times when having a same powerset in different colors works great. Just look at the ramming pulverizer trio or the sabina/melendor duo.

I completely agree with you. I actually meant a different thing: having two repostiers at the same time in a team doesn’t make sense. But having them both in a roster is good enough as you can pick either, depending on a color you’d like to enforce.

2 Likes

Ahhhhhhhhhh, gotcha!

I have to disagree with you on this…the pulverizing specials do not stack instead they override each other, so you won’t get -def for 12 turns if both went off, but even with that override at least each hero still does damage. And with the healer that’s totally different because two healers can definitely benefit back to back and restore an entire team, or the smart way would be fire off one and leave the other charged until the opponent goes then turn around and dispel again with the other.

2 ripostes are not good on the same team, however I do agree with 1 of both being a good asset to your roster.

Where I find the subtle difference is that since Cyprian’s def is lower, his riposte actually hits harder, and being that Boril’s def is higher, he’s actually a little better as a tank. But overall they are the same, and I would keep a maxed one of boTh just alternating usage depending who I’m fighting.

1 Like

I think you misinterpreted what Jaila said. Referring to having the same special in different colours does not necessarily mean bringing them all together in the same battle (though of course you could, if you lacked other options).

Many players stack hero colours in various combinations and having different coloured pulverizers you can choose which one is most useful at the time e.g. if you were up against a yellow tank you might want to bring extra purple, so bringing tiburtus and sabina would be stronger purple tile damage than only bringing one of them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ahhh I see and I totally agree my apologies! I definitely would also keep the pulverizer trio for the same reasons

2 Likes

True dat! Thanks for the assist, @Perilin! :wink:

3 Likes

Hi,
I did run Boril & Cypian (3/60 both) Flanks in the same team on Teltok, along Rigard (maxed)Tank and Kiril(3/60) Tiburtus (3/60).
Went through epic and hafway legendary before running out of firepower.
Managed to keep then alternating within one turn of each other, worked really nicely.
Had fun.
Wolf9
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I agree with Wolf. Having two riposters at the same time can work very well. It works great when facing events or trial with no debuffers.

With what you’ve said, I’d pick Boril as the blue, and Balthazar as the purple. You level on color, and you get to try out riposte.

2 Likes

Ripstone has saved my buttocks quite a few times! I got cyprian before boril soo im pro cyprian! iv got boril haven’t touched him yet!

I say why not take both into battle. Have one on the mid left, and the other on the mid right. And watch the spectacle that is enemies with AoE attacks hit themselves. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I do this, and it awesome.

2 Likes

I did troll before having Boril/Cyprian/Elena all together in my defense.

Lost quite a bit but funny to see those that lost to this defense.

2 Likes