[Apr 17, 2019] 🔵 Trials of Decimation Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

Yes, absolutely!!! This is getting very easy :star_struck:

Colen 3/60 replacing maxed Ulmer. Hu Tao increased from 3/60 to 4/50.
This is the old team:

Used items: Healing Potion x4, Super Healing Potion x2, Mana Potion x5.
This is the result and the new team:

Screenshot_20190417-143903

Boldtusk & Kashhrek.

I don’t have Kiril but I don’t need him as Proteus will not let Ulmer fire (he did fire near the end because I let him). Boldtusk is my strongest hero right now so it’s obvious that I will bring him.

Fighter emblems will be used to give Hu Tao a single node but the rest will go to Boldtusk. Wizzard emblems will go to Proteus or Kiril if I can acquire him.

Ameonna.

This is the first time I finish the last stage without using a single carpet bombing items. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :laughing:

1 Like

Awesome, congrats! :tada:

1 Like
  • Did you notice any change in difficulty from last time?

Maybe? Bosses have are a bit tougher so needed to use some items to keep my healers alive. Last time around, my team was not strong enough and I had to carpet bomb the final level.

• Did your team change notably since last time?

The only significant change this time was 3/60 Kashrek making way for 3/65 Hel. Onatel was previously at 3/70 is now maxed.

• What items did you use, if any?

Just some medium healing pots to keep my healers alive. The bosses were a bit obstinate trying to kill my Kiril.

• Trials of Decimation has some good healer options — did you bring any healers?

Yes, Kiril and Boldtusk. I also have Delilah on my bench, but she is taking a bit of a backseat from levelling with Jackal takes priority.

• Fighter Boldtusk and Wizard Kiril are hugely helpful for their mix of buffs and healing. Kiril is particularly helpful as a counter to Boss Ulmer’s defense debuff. Do you have either, and did you bring them?

Yes. To be fair though, I was using them more for their heal. Ulmer and the rest of the bosses never fired once with the combination of Hel/ Proteus/ Onatel keeping them on permanent lockdown.

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

Boldtusk will be getting the fighter emblems, and good time too as this will buff his healing.
I am saving the Wizard Emblems for Onatel.

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

Hel is hungry.

[/quote]

3 Likes

Did the first 2 and were easy enough. I think i never did this one, I really dont remember, maybe the first time using a lot of items, after that i just did the first two stages.
The big difference now i got Boldtusk which showed up like two or 3 weeks ago; I was waiting for him; him, Wu and Rigard [on top of that Proteus and Wilbur] are the ones that dont wanna show up. Now at least i got Bold. Didnt had too much time to raise him because i was leveling other heroes, but he’s at a decent point.
Maybe ill try to squeeze the juice outta him before tonight to get a couple more levels and probably after that ill try do the last stage.

What do you think?

1 Like

I used similar teams in previous times Trials of Decimation happened:

Proteus is definitely a lot of what made those teams work well, but having the Boldtusk/Kiril combo definitely makes this one doable.

I’d just suggest bringing along some heavier attack items in case you get stuck and need to bomb your way to victory. Otherwise mana and healing can tide you over between times Kiril or Boldtusk are ready to fire.

2 Likes

Last time

This time. As you can see, i finished maxing Panther, Onatel and Zeline.
This seemed harder, but i forgot to bring in antidotes and the poison DOT helped kill off my heroes.
Seemed a lot harder this time. Could be in part that the board remained difficult.
This is probably my easiest trial and the only one i could use a full set of maxed heroes, but i left Proteus out cause i wanted the rainbow and his burn DOT.

3 Likes

Yeah very similar even if Proteus is definitely a game changer like any other mana controlling hero.
I just feel like i still dont have enough firepower. Ill see at what stage i can bring Bold till tonight and then decide if i should burn those 20WE. Thanks :wink:

2 Likes

Sartana 4/80+4
Kiril 4/70
Merlin 4/70
Magni 4/80+3
BT 4/70

Used a couple of Dragon Attacks on the last one, but probably didn’t need to.

1 Like

No problems beating this trial with my team. Lost Kiril, Isarnia and Colen in the end. I could have saved them with flasks but didn’t bother since I was winning anyway.

2 Likes

These are really my best trials. And most desired. 2 of my core all-use heroes belong to these groups.

Kiril 4.70 - Magni 4.80 + 4 - Zeline 4.80 + 3 - Boldtusk 4.70 - Proteus 4.70

No nukes needed. Couple minor heals to ensure survival of Kiril at one point. No other challenges.

1 Like

I didn’t use any items. Surprisingly the bosses didn’t do much damage with their specials. Boldtusk’s healing easily kept pace!

2 Likes

Last level: I tried with this team and items, and lost, Ulmer and Tyrum had both 1/5th health left. Used all the items. I want to try again, This is the best possible team I can make heroes wise. Anyone have any suggestions in change of items? I have basically any items at disposal. Thanks :slight_smile:

I would bring some attack items like Bomb Attacks instead of the Minor Mana potions.

1 Like

Since you already have three healers in your team, I would go with attacking items such as dragons, bombs etc. I would keep time stops to avoid the special attacks from bosses.

1 Like

Valens poison melted me down, but Proteus survied and made it.

Kiril 3.50
Kash 3.40
Proteus 4.70+8
Boldie 4.40
Colen 3.40

Trial with lowest item consumption for me.

2 Likes

Boldtusk+7-Lancelot (3/60)-Sartana+2-Hu Tao(3/60)-Kiril. Was a little harder I think…? I used Kashrek instead of Lance last time and probably should’ve this time too cuz he’s too hard to keep alive but I should have him maxed for the next one so that’ll help. Plus I should’ve put Kiril on the other side of him-I was still half asleep lol. Gotta say, Lance’s mana + buff is nice to have. Anyway used 2 Dragons, 3 bombs, 2 big mana pots and a few minor mana for Kiril. More items than I’d like but not too bad.

Boldtusk is now +9 and Sartana just needs a couple more emblems to be +3.

1 Like

Eventually, this is going to be one of my favorite trials, because it features both the king and queen of my roster - Poseidon and Onatel. But today is not that day, because my Poseidon is still a guppy! Additionally, my bench of fighters and wizards is pathetic; Boldtusk and Kiril are among my most wanted heroes (along with Rigard, which is obviously irrelevant to this trial).

Last time, my team was:

• Onatel 3^70
  • Gato 3^50
  • Valen 3^50+11
  • Ulmer 2^22
  • Renfeld 1^17

(I mentioned my bench in these classes is terrible, right?)

This time, I went with:

• Onatel 3^70
  • Gato 3^50
  • Valen 3+50+14
  • Ulmer 3^50
  • Poseidon 1^40

So basically, a little leveling, plus giving my baby Poseidon some work since drawing him last month. (Bonus: Having another fighter option let me feed Renfeld to Ameonna!) Literally my only other option for this trial is a Balthazar 1^12. The advantage I do have is that my team is 3 blue / 2 yellow, which is perfect for red / purple mob waves. Because of this, and some relatively favorable boards, I rarely had to use anyone’s special during the mob waves, allowing me to unload immediately on Elena in both of the first two stages. (Can’t have that reflect damage going off with no dispeller!) Turned out not to be an issue. With three fast mana heroes and Onatel for enemy mana control, none of the bosses actually fired anyway.

If my heroes were sturdier, I might attempt the last stage, but I don’t think anyone but Onatel would be guaranteed to get there alive, and it isn’t worth it to me to burn through the items necessary to try when I’d just get a few more fighter emblems to spend on Valen and some more wizard emblems to throw in the pile for when I max Onatel.

1 Like

Wizards and Fighters?!!? I think this is towards the top of the trails list for everyone’s favorite pairings.

1 Like

My team consisted of: Kiril, Boldtusk, Colen, Onatel and Hu Tao. Used only healing potion, mana potion and antidotes

1 Like

Cookie Settings