Advice about Quintus 5* hero

I got him and wonder is he good to max him?
He is slow and got only attack no bonuses.
Is he good for attacks or defense?
I got purple 5* only him.

He doesn’t have a great reputation, but he would be good in rush tournament, and eventually purple stack, and like they say any 5* you have is better than one you don’t, grats on your first dark 5* !

3 Likes

Maybe is better to wait another dark one?

1 Like

I would. I have Quintus costumethat I haven’t levelled. There are so many better purples.

2 Likes

If he is maxed I bet when he hits its good damage.
But he is slow

If your free to play (FTP), then I’d say max him when you hit 10-12 Tabbards. He is slow, but he’s better than Obakan!

4 Likes

Do you already have a solid bench of 4* stars? How many tabards do you have?

If you dont have a deep 4☆ hero bench my advise is to focus on those epics while you wait for a better purple like Sartana or Domitia.

If you happen to be drawing in tabards as i was in tonics, i had 20 tonics and 0 greens to work on, then go ahead Quintus hits hard and would be useful in rush tournaments. I maxed an Elkanen because i had plenty of tonics. Otherwise i wouldnt have maxed him.
Its the same with your Quintus. It depends on your roster and mats disponibility.

5 Likes

Also i dont think you can blankly say sartana or Dominita is better than Quintus, in your particiular situation.

I have an all AOE mono team set up and because of that I use C Quintus (formerly Quintus) and my Sartana is permanently benched until her trials come up. Putting Sartana in that team would mean 1 dead opponent after all specials fire vs 3 to 5 dead opponents.

So depending on how you set up your team or teams, a Quintus may be a good fit or may not work very well.

As a general comment slow heroes can have a significant impact in the game as long as you team them up appropriately with some other faster heroes.

3 Likes

And what is the OP situation? Do you know it? As far as i know he said Quintus was the only dark 5☆ availabe. Do you find it a good advise to say that Quintus could work for him ?
I wont go that far without knowing OP 4☆ bench to recommend him quintus to make an AOE team… in fact as you pointed it seems like you are sitting in a pro Quintus team in detriment of better heroes like Sartana or Domitia that would be a better investment as first maxed Dark.

Pd: You have c.Quintus which has an important boost(mana and stats) . The op only has classic Quintus. And without counting if you have maxed troop. Id like to know if OP has even mana dark troops

2 Likes

My apologies, I probably didn’t say it in the way that I intended. I mean to say that you can’t say Sartana or Dominita is better than Quintus, in any given situation.

I did move on to specify that Quintus may or may not work, depending on the team config.

Yes, I do find it good advice to say that Quintus could work for him. I am not recommending he make an AOE team, I am saying that for most heroes their worth is situational and not fixed.

If he had Sartana and Quintus on hand it would be an entirely different conversation. I am saying not to discount Quintus, as his first and only 5* dark, based on some feedback saying to wait until he has another 5*. Depending oh his other heroes and how he plays, this Quintus may be worth working with rather than waiting for a potential eternity to get a hero which may not even be better for him situationally

2 Likes

Ok , got it now. And my apologies if i missunderstood your point.
Anyways. It would be more helpful for us if he shows us his roster. Otherwise we are talking in general speaking.

2 Likes

Twenty thumbs upssssss

1 Like

Well at least Elkannen isn’t exactly awful. :slightly_smiling_face:

I wouldnt say awful. My main problem with him is that i think hes in a wrong class. I mean , it could be because i have too much competition for cleric emblems, even in the 4☆ tier . I think that a better class for elk could have been Fighter. I emblemed BT long ago and i was able to gather enough emblems now to start with a 5☆.
On the other hand i need lots of cleric emblems to fill my 4☆ cleric demand(Mist, Hansel, Rigard).

Another thing is elk damage. I have been trying him these days paired with Almur, hansel and caedmon and i still feel i dont do damage enough. Elk is one of the weakest hitters in the team. He at least is sturdy.

2 Likes

I just don’t have emblems for him until Mist is +18

1 Like

Thanks a lot for advices. This is what I got maxed already.

I would wait until you have 10 or 11 tabbards before I give some to quintus. I assume you are f2p

Proteus is superior (I have 2 maxed)
Jabber is fine
Ameonna very situational and does not get much love

Assuming you have at least one TC20 running you will get a rigard and a tiburtus by the time domitia or sartana will show up.

Rigard is a must Max 4* for his sturdiness, healing and most important cleansing (I have 2 with costumes and emblembed and will make a 3rd one soon)

Tiburtus def down on 3 is super helpful pushing the damage of all direct hitters (quintus included).

1 Like

I got them to but not maxe

Max Tiburtus as soon as you can.
Tiburtus, Jabber, Proteus, Quintus are a decent semi AOE team. Once you get Rigard it will complement the team nicely.

1 Like

I forgot I have her to