"Yellow is not an in-between color, you're either all in or you're not." Mobolaji Dawodu

I have five darts, so it’s time to start thinking about whom to level next among my holy heroes. I am spoiled for choices! Yesterday, I pulled (finally!) Joon and got Malosi as well. So that is the initial question,

Joon or Malosi first?

Then comes the even tougher question. I currently have Neith, Delilah, Ranvir, Leonidas and Onatel waiting at 3/70. I have a maxed Miki, so Ranvir makes no sense (and compared to the other choices makes no sense anyway).

By the time I get my 6th dart, I imagine either Joon,Malosi or both will be at 3/70 as well, so here are the choices…

Joon,
Malosi,
Onatel,
Neith,
Delilah
Leonidas.

Tough choices. Current maxed Holy 5s are Inari, Guinivere, and Viv (with costume). 4s are Lady Woolerton, Jackal+20, Mist, Gretel+19, Li Xiu, Hu tao, Chao, and Danzaburo.

I also have Guardian Owl, Justice and 5 Vivicas sitting at 1/1

What do you all think?

Well, your bench is ready for a sniper so it is really a choice between Joon and Malosi now. You already have tank, healer, decent utility and damage boosters (Jackal and Mist).

You probably can’t go wrong here. Malosi should be charged the same time when Jackal, so you won’t suffer the “need one more tile” drama, on the other hand, this duo will likely not be enough to take a full hero down. But in the world of emblems, Jackal + Joon rarely achieve that as well. Also Malosi’s special block is guaranteed, while Joon’s blinding is a lottery. It may be better blocking both the ailment and damage, but since it’s % based, it may also not do anything.

Are you planning on emblemming any of them? If you can easily emblem Joon to +18 but your Barb emblems are in GM, I’d reconsider going with Joon. Also there’s chance to pull his costume which boosts him significantly, especially when emblemmed he becomes a beast. Otherwise, I would probably do Malosi first.

Out of those that you have, the only one being close to be considered is Onatel, the rest are not worth it.

1 Like

Currently my barbarian emblems are in Grimm (+20) and Gretel (+19).

Tough choice, and I think it’s (as you said) down to Joon or Malosi (though I would disagree that Delilah is “not worth it” :wink: )

Given the vagaries of RNG, I may be able to bring up both Joon and Malosi to 3/70 bafore I get that last dart…

1 Like

As you need a sniper and malosi is definetely not, you should ascend joon first. At least Malosie is usefull at 3/70 more than joon.

I m very happy with joon, he hits like a truck, but I have costumed joon so it’s better than vanilla. Nevertheless he is really well paired with Jackal. Can’t say the same thing with malosi, latter has an utility design to support something else than an yellow line up. Imo he can wait.

You have Vivica in Costume. Of course Delilah is not a terrible hero like Guardian Owl, it’s just you seem to have that ground she offers already covered with the best option available. Of course looking for war depth etc. Delilah can still be useful, but if you have a choice to ascend someone to use in your main stack, that imho is much more needed. Especially that healers serve their purpose on 3.70 almost as well as maxed.

Also, with Lady Woolerton, Delilah is even less relevant (for me). In a vaccum, Delilah is a great hero, just doesn’t fit my roster needs ATM.

Thanks for your input.

Another +1 for Joon. At least one sniper in yellow.
IMO, after that Delilah is also great, but depend on playstyle and priority.
As I also have similiar problem, I choose more healer (because my priority for war depth), but after have at least one sniper/hitter.

But now there is Lady Woolerton, If I know this will happen, I think I will ascend 2nd sniper before another healer, but then… I’m not regret as my playstyle often used 2x healer, and use off-color sniper.

Revisiting my own thread, and I am at the 5 dart stage again. Still spoiled for yellows. Based on input above, I maxed Joon, and subsequently got Gazelle, which was a no-brainer, but now it’s time to decide again.

Current maxed–

Gazelle
Joon
Inari
Guinivere
Vivica/cVivica

Sitting at 3/70–

Neith
Malosi
Leonidas
Onatel
Delilah
Justice
Ranvir

Sitting at 1-1 is guardian Owl.

I’m leaning toward Malosi, but might be convinced to do Onatel or Neith. Delilah is amazing, but with Viv, Woolerton and Gullinbursti I don’t lack for yellow healers.

Any thoughts?

Malosi for sure! He’s very fast, so if you give him the mana troop at least lvl 11, then it only takes 6 tiles to charge. Blocking an enemy from buffing or ailing is very nice.

I too would say Malosi. He is incredibly useful blocking opponent secondary effects. Combine with a def down hero and he even hits half decently as a bonus.

I find Malosi underwhelming on defenses but don’t have him so can’t speak to offense.

I DO fear Onatel. I’d go with her.

Delilah is also a hero I covet.

Onatel
Delilah
Malosi

I’d do Malosi. Extremely versatile usage. Would probably help you more offensively than Onatel given the difference in speed, especially if you’re mostly facing Telluria-Vela-GM teams.

Thanks for the responses. I think I’m leaning Malosi. Onatel is still tempting, though…