šŸŒž Xavier ā€“ 5* Holy / Yellow from Contest of Elements

New Contest of Elements (Holy) hero is released: Xavier

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Xavier, as well as your thoughts on Xavier.

Xavier

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Rogue
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1025 956 1802
4/90 1173 1094 2062
Origin Family
Contest of Elements Super Elemental
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Troop Mastery
Passive Skill as attacking character:
This heroā€™s Troops deal extra elemental damage against weaker element.
- Dealt extra elemental damage: +100%
Passive Skill as defending character:
This hero receives less elemental damage from Troops of stronger element.
- Received elemental damage: -10%
:dizzy: Special Skill: Cascading Whirlwind
  • Deals 280% damage to the target.
  • If an ally is of Holy element, the damage will increase to 290%, and it will affect nearby enemies. Allied heroes must be alive for the effect to activated.
  • If two alllies are of Holy element, the damage will increase to 300% and it will affect all enemies. Allied heroes must be alive for the effect to activated.
  • Reduces the mana of all enemies by -20%.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique heroes of the same family

Super Elemental Family

Super Elemental family makes Mono teams even stronger.
This hero enhances Holy element.

• One or more shields are enhanced to Power Gems each turn.
  • The amount is same as Holy heroes in the team. 5 Power Gems per element can be on board at the same time.

The Power Gem deal 20 damage to a random enemy each turn until it is matched. When Power Gems are matched , they deal 10 damage to a all enemies.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is increased to 951 from 921.
  • Defense is increased to 887 from 865.
  • Health is increased to 1672 from 1627.

Beta Information: šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Round 2 of Contest of Elements (Holy) Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v59]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Xavier ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Xavier.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Xavier and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Xavier worth summoning for?

• Would you use Xavier on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Xavier ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Xavier as an opponent?

• Would you give Xavier Rogue Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Xavierā€™s character design?

• If you Summoned Xavier and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Xavier, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Xavier when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Xavier, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Xavier (or how many Summons youā€™ve done without receiving Xavier), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If youā€™d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Feedback Poll - Xavier (post release)

:question: Is Xavier worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if youā€™re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Xavier would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isnā€™t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Xavierā€™s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Mana Reducer
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Xavier compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Xavierā€™s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Xavierā€™s Base Stats?

Note this means Xavierā€™s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Xavier worth giving Rogue Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I donā€™t think so
  • Noā€¦ Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Xavier is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Xavier is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Xavier worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Xavier then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • Itā€™s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

Am I the only one who thinks this hero is just not good, even when he was announced in beta. Heā€™s gimmicky at best.
He can deal 300% to all with 2 other holy heroes at average, but killhare can do that without any restrictions.
Deals 20% mana cut to all, neith can do that as well without 2 other holies and she blinds
If it wasnā€™t because heā€™s elemental, he would be crap
Mana cut should scale as well. 40% with 1 more, and 60% with 2 more
Damage should have been way more, sniper range like around 450%
He should have very high tier skills to match the standard of a 0.1% pull hero (not 0.066%)
If he is the only holy, he is doing 280% damage and 20% mana cut at average. Ruby can do that at her charge 1 speed and she hits harder with 290% and mana slow

5 Likes

I might be complicating this, but is his special referencing his allies or the opponents (targets allies)?

Itā€™s only his own allies, and they must not be dead

1 Like

I would say not terrible but def not outstandingā€¦

Even the June HoTM is hitting 3 at 285%, plus 20% mana cut, plus 30% accuracy debuff without any conditionsā€¦ Then you have Jequn hitting 200% to all at very fast speed with a bunch of debuffs - much more efficient in game play.

Although I would argue that most ppl are using color stacking in PvP (let it be 4/1, 3/2 or 3/1/1), so he will still end up doing 300% to all plus mana cut in most cases in PvP. But there are just way too many good yellow around - Jove, Anne, Omiga, Queen Guowang, Erlang Shen etcā€¦ He is nowhere close to those heroes.

His stats are very good though given the power creep.

2 Likes

There were only stat changes compared to Beta.
Polls are enabled.

1 Like

Yeah sure the raw attack is good, but eventually power creep will claw at this hero because there will simply be stronger heroes than him.
He has very hotm-esque skills, which I would accept if he was one. But this guy is elemental, he needs to bring more to the table

1 Like

Agreed and 20 characters

:thinking: interesting specialā€¦complex and perhaps a little difficult maybe even see it becoming frustrating at least for me, I donā€™t always have the right timing downā€¦lol

do you like the artwork?

:joy:

1 person has vote him to be completely broken under powered?

Thatā€™s the harshest review Iā€™ve ever seen. This guy is decent and works well the more yellow you stack with him. Average isnā€™t dead by any stretch

This is sort of hero I want to see more offā€¦good but not broken over or under powered.

3 Likes

He is bad enough in current meta and 4* is totally underpowered and useless

He reminds me of Thor actually. An experimental mechanic that is neither here nor there

1 Like

I mean I play mono - this guy does 300% damage to all in 9 tilesā€¦and mana cuts themā€¦

Thatā€™s not shabby to me. Of course YMMV

1 Like

When you compare this hero to C2. Leonidas, or hell, someone as old as Li Xiu, ya definitely feel heā€™s lackingā€¦ He requires conditions to meet his full potential - where, if he doesnā€™t reach it at all, heā€™s super lackluster - but even as itā€™s met, heā€™s justā€¦ OK

Literally a 5* Li Xiuā€¦ that canā€™t be successful defensively, as itā€™ll require you to stack holy heroes, and open yourself up to a purple stack. So offensive only (already a downside), and mana cut as the only utility is pretty sad. C2. Leonidas has that and defense down to work with - all without condition, and with a costume mana bonus to boost (so heā€™s actually faster than average). Sure, the numbers all around are dialed down, but considering his effects and damage arenā€™t conditional, could argue itā€™s a fair trade-off.

Idk, to me this one seems to be yet another disappointing elemental 5*. Least heā€™s not badā€¦ but heā€™s also not great, either. Mostly, heā€™s just incredibly boring (imo), and I personally would be a lil disappointed if I were to pull him. Not to mention, I hate the new artworkā€¦ Doesnā€™t feel like the same artist as the prior work, and so the feel and tone seem totally off [to me].

9 Likes

I completely agree. I have c2 Leo and Li Xiu and Jequn and Jequn looks much better to me. All above heroes do.
That being said, he is weak and I got two 4* and she is absolute trash

2 Likes

When life gives you lemons as they sayā€¦

He works in my play style and heā€™s going to hit hard

Heā€™s not super OP and tbh I like thatā€¦every new hero shouldnā€™t be and the fact we collectively get disappointed when a new hero isnā€™t is a bit sadā€¦but not surprising given the nature of it.

1 Like

Omg to also be compared to a li xiu thatā€™s conditional, this hero is really lacking as 0.1% chance pull hero
Just curious, which other elemental heroes do you consider as disappointing

I do believe he could work in a defensive mono holy, if jequn is also included. Jequn is the only holy hero who can consistently bait dark mono

1 Like

Anzia and Zengar are the worst, 1000%. Both right next to useless.

Zandria is fine. Compared to this hero, sheā€™s actually desirable (least, to me). But comparatively - to most recent released 5* - she does seem a lil lacking for VS speed. As weā€™re talking about incredibly rare, hard to obtain heroes.

Doxan is also another thatā€™s good, but just comparatively, feels boring / lacking

Aconia has a really cool mechanic, but in spite of it, leaves more to be desired.

Griffex has the mana thing going for him, but another that feels like heā€™s missing one other skill for being slow

Jequn has a place defensively. Heā€™s good.

Xandrella has mana control, so either way, sheā€™ll be good. Just wish she were fast tho, and for compensation, dropped the tile effect.

Ignazio and Roz are phenomenal; best of the bunch.

I think these groups of heroes - as a whole - are mostly fine on their own (imo only two duds, and only two superstars), but have not been nearly desirable enough to compensate for the multitude of things wrong with the Super Elemental Portal (imo) to make one want to pull. Like:

1. The portal having atrocious odds to pull a ā€œnewā€ featured
  2. Absolutely zero heroes that are recent (aka released in the last six months)
  3. Absolutely zero costumes included
  4. Season 1 is still displayed
  5. Yet it costs more [in gems] than 95% of the portals that exist
  6. & Are limited to only one element per eventā€¦ every other month. Thatā€™s a cycle of almost an entire year!

ā€¦When one needs for a specific element, by the time that color finally comes around, itā€™s very possible the desire has already been filled in that amount of time :sweat_smile:

Covenant has the right idea, that for an increased price, they not only display some phenomenal new 5*, but also many recently released desirable ones as well. Therefore, justifying the price hike somewhat, and incentivizing pulls regardless. But here? Nuh uh.

Maybe if they featured heroes like Anne, Jove, Ogima though, then maybe thereā€™d be a change of tune. But as of now? The heroes, and most definitely the portal, leave more to be desiredā€¦ Fun event to play, though :+1:

8 Likes