Wu Kong - Best Practices

I personally do not have Tarlak… I do use both Miki and Wu together vs. purple titans, because my Wu happens to be one of my strongest yellows, I just make sure to not activate Wu’s special while Miki’s special is active. Wilbur himself I think would pair nicely with just about any titan team (except for maybe rare red titans? only time I won’t use Miki is on rare blues…)

2 Likes

Tarlak somewhat replaces Wu in my game but clearly not everyone is lucky to get Tarlak.

That said I still use Wu on purple titans and the majority of the end Challenge Epic levels where tile damage can be critical to getting through the end bosses quick.

You just learn to ignore the “miss miss miss” when it happens :joy:

4 Likes

Rainbow teams

My advice is usually 2x rainbow 3* 3.50 team ( 10x total heroes )

then
3x to 4x rainbow 4* 3.60 team ( 25x to 30x total heroes )

then
using 3* ascension items

then
2x to 3x rainbow 4* 4.70 team

then
2x rainbow 5* 3.70 team ( 35x to 40x total heroes )

then
using 4* ascension items ( see notes ).

Notes

Click for notes

FIN

1 Like

Bad, bad idea

Notes

No. As I mentioned in my previous response, Wu, Tarlak, Ranvir, and Miki override each other’s attack boosts.

So, using them in the same Titan team would be waste of a previous spot that could otherwise be occupied by a more useful hero. (For instance, a Defense debuffer - elemental or otherwise)

1 Like

Wu Kong on defense is good when Wu Kong is your only yellow 4* 4.70, or monk 4*+15, but better yellow, and monk, 4* defense heroes.

Notes

Click for notes

FIN

Good to know. That was going to be my next question is whether you can get enough damage on the titan with just 2 damage-dealers. I’ll continue to use the combos I have been using without Wu. Thanks for the info. :wink:

1 Like

For the record, IIRC correctly, while Wu / Miki / Tarlak / Ranvir don’t work well together, necessarily… they do stack quite nicely with other attack boost heroes like Boldtusk, Kiril, Brienne, etc. Combine with a hero like Wilbur for defense down on your opponents… you should deal some pretty significant tile damage.

And tile damage is really where those heroes excel the most anyway, especially against titans.

2 Likes

Great comment.

I tried this a couple of days ago to see how big an attack stat could get on Gullinbursti using a similar combination as you list.

It was quite impressive…

This combination is clearly not going to work in raids, but I did knock over a 4.5k Tell tanks team with Gull, Wilbur, BT, Mist and Joon. The tile damage was savage for a couple of turns and that was enough to knock out most of the team.

Good God. Wilbur, Gulli vs a purple tank and crack out the scrolls of alliteration with that massive attack stat. I’m drooling.

1 Like

Yep. 4074 attack ain’t too shabby :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve had Wu Kong for a while now and even thou I have begun levelling new 4*&5* heroes completely and even being told not to use him as a part of defense team, I have had a really hard time giving up on Wu Kong. Yes he misses, sometimes even more than the 1/3 but the hits make up for it. Great 4*

1 Like

So, I’ve just finished training my First Wu to 4/70 and have added some emblems as I don’t expect to get one of the 5* replacements for the attack boost for a long time, if ever.

I have also trained two more Wu Kong’s (1/1 still) from my TC20, and am very tempted to train them up too for war teams, the Tavern and possibly the Ninja Tower.

How many Wu Kong’s should I have in my stable of Heroes? One? Two? Six? Ten?

(For context I’m F2P a player who started in January - am working on maxing my first 5* Fenrir - 4/62. Pool of other Yellows includes Malosi 3/70, Inari 1/40, Vivica 1/22, Chao, 4/70 and Li Xiu 1/1. Have completed all of Seaons 1, 2 (normal, working through hard), 3 (all normal available, Hard - Midgard).

In advance, thanks for the forum members thoughts and feedback.

1 Like

I love Wu! He was my only yellow 4* until Season 3 was released and I got Mist. So I got 8+ months of playing time with him. I’ve since retired him from most action, but he is still mandatory on all of my Titan teams. The dmg output is unreal. He can be super frustrating, but it’s all worth it after 70-90k hit when before a well rounded team would do the same in 2-3 hits.

Another pro-tip against Red titans specifically, I run Kiril, Athena and Nordri. +30% Attack and -98% Defence makes Wu salivate with delight as the big numbers roll in. My 5th is Richard but I am speed leveling Triton right now to increase tile damage.

Against Purple I run Wu, Mist, Melia, Boldtusk and Wilbur for roughly the same effect. Not as much def down, but Melia’s 36% critical is ungodly and makes sure that the hits that do go through count for massive damage.

In both cases, Wu is very happy to do his part.

1 Like

At one point I actually considered keeping 6 Wus just so I’d have one for every war team. :grin:

That is an option if you don’t mind all of your war hits being wildly unpredictable (well, they’re already somewhat unpredictable with the boards themselves…)

I stick to my original point, that you should go with whatever you’re comfortable with. Once you get comfy enough using Wu, and don’t mind the miss rate so much? Then yeah… I can see possibly keeping as many as 6. Depends on how much you like to play dangerously.

47ozue

1 Like

Team makeup needs to prioritize keeping heroes alive and focus on tile damage… snipers are the lowest priority with a Wu team. I recommend prioritizing :

• support heroes (Eg Wilbur) to keep your team alive so they can take the hits

• Mana controllers

• heroes with Higher tile damage

2 Likes

Yeah, Wu is all about tile damage. Which is what makes him an excellent choice for titans, because tiles are probably going to be 90%+ of your total titan score.

1 Like

And just for fun to play around with … :clown_face:

3 Likes

LOL… that is absolutely insane. Too bad I don’t have Gullinbursti. At those stats, basically every tile on your board is a mini sniper.

That’s why some gotta miss lol

1 Like