Which red for my mono team?

I’m in the habit of bringing several to 3/70 before ascending despite having the rings/mats. I’m in between Santa, LL, Anzogh, or another Tyr. LL would be the more obvious choice, but I find myself all to often having to hold her special a couple moves to be useful. Grazul, and Vanda are a little redundant with Garnet maxed already. Who would you choose?

2 Likes

I concur, Lady Loki would be my next target.

You have healing & ailment blocking in Garnet and a decent sniper in Tyr. After Lady Loki I would probably recommend either Grazul/ Vanda (more ailment blocking) or Anzogh next (more damage & healing).

2 Likes

@Guvnor
One thing I didn’t mention is we use red tanks currently in my alliance. I use Tyr. Fully emblemed he gives them quite a fit. More so than some might imagine. That said Santa by far has the most tanks stats. Knowing that would you still choose LL over Santa, and just continue to use Tyr? Tyr’s sitting at 877/814/1495 with emblems. I’ll occasionally use Garnet, but I don’t seem to do as well.

1 Like

I would, yes.

Santa is a mediocre tank and doesn’t give nearly the versatility of Lady Loki in offence.

Garnet is one of the top tier Red tanks btw :wink:

In high end alliance wars the worst defences are BK or Garnet ones :stuck_out_tongue: (admittedly the worst defences also have Cobalt and/or Onyx too)

2 Likes

You can’t go wrong with either of Vanda, Santa or Lady Loki. My preference would be to go for speed, and attack and that means Vanda. You’re probably not going to put either of them on your defense team, since you already have Garnet for that. So, Vanda could make a big difference on your war teams. Lady Loki is fun to use as well, since she throws back ailments/DoT, but in a fast meta, I’d go with Vanda. If you don’t have Wilbur, Santa would be a good addition as well, especially for red stacks attacking green titans.

2 Likes

Yes, I am aware. Which is why it frustrates me that I seem to die more easily with her as tank lol. Right now my typical war defense is Garnet, Frigg, Tyr, Alfrike/Joon, Alasie. All 18+ emblems. I interchange Tyr, and Garnet randomly. Perhaps I need to stick with her, and give her more of a chance. Pic of my typical war defense. image

1 Like

Alfrike as very slow flank isn’t ideal… Who are your other Purple Options?

And Yellow Options?

Also assume there are some spare Sorc emblems around to push Garnet to 19 or 20?

1 Like

I agree, I only use her because she’s fully emblemed, and my main tank on Raid D. Here’s a list. Obviously not all maxed, but I have the mats to fully ascend 1-2 of each element.

Purples/Dark- Alfrike, Bera, Boss Wolf, Clarissa, Dark Lord, Domitia, Freya, Hel, Khiona, C-Sartana, Seshat, Zulag, Obakan, C-Quintus, C-Rigard

Yellow/Holy- Vivica, Joon, Bai Yeong, Sif, Uraeus, Leonidas

More emblems to come for Garnet.

1 Like

Alright

Off the bat I think that Bera would be a better flanker than Alfrike is (rush attack war excepted).

Yellow is harder but Joon / Uraeus would service except that they share emblems with Bera / Garnet…

Maybe can try having:
Bai Yeong - Frigg - Garnet - Bera - Alasie

2 Likes

Wondering which hero I should ascend to fourth tier? I only have enough rings to ascend one. Marjana costume, Baldur, Puss in Boots, Reuben, Isrod, Azlar, Captain Kestrel, Asterius, Tyr, Guardian Kong, Gefjon, Red Hood, Lady Loki, Noor, Vanda, duplicate Khagan costume or duplicate Gravemaker.

@ImmortalExpanse what others do you have maxed already?

1 Like

Legendary 5* Fire hero’s that I have already leveled to 4th Tier are: Elena+Cos, Gravemaker, Jean-Francois, Anzogh, Grazul, Queen of Hearts, Khagan, Zimkitha, Black Knight, Santa Claus.

@ImmortalExpanse in my opinion you’re in need of a good sniper, and Gefjon is an excellent choice.

1 Like

Thanks, appreciate it

I would do Azlar although most would condemn me for it. I have a few max reds but I still ended using Azlar. But mostly due to my team synergy and composition.

1 Like

CMarj without a doubt. Excellent 5 star with red elemental down on 3.

1 Like