Where should i use vivica?

Gonna feel this way when I pull my first five-star green. Have been playing for a year and a half and have multiples in every other color. After Shrikewood yesterday, I have 14 tonics and still no one to give them to! OTOH, by the time I had six darts, I had already pulled Poseidon and Onatel (F2P; EXTREMELY lucky pulls) so Viv had to wait her turn!

2 Likes

Vivica is a must-have hero. She is not just a hiller, she is a buffer and a dispel. There is no doubt that this hero is necessary and useful. It is useful both in attack and in defence, and with the passage of the class quests. In a suit it will be even more useful.

2 Likes

Great advice, @jinbatsu, particularly with respect to not raiding with a rainbow. I learned that way too late.

@e-man, couple of things: first, there are a lot of resources about raiding with a 3-2 or a 3-1-1. Several folks in my alliance swear by raiding with a monochrome team. I second the recommendation to consider this, and offer Anchor’s thoughts on the topic as a point of departure.

Second, it may be obvious, but in case it isn’t I suspect that the reason that @jinbatsu talks about a synergy between Vivica and Mother North is the reason I so dislike MN–her ability to resurrect dead allies. If you can time it such that Vivica fires just after such a resurrection, those zombie heroes will be around longer. For that reason, on defense, you’ll want MN left of V since the RNG will fire their specials in that order.

3 Likes

Agree with stacking up colors. I can really see the potential of running mono or 3-2 stack. But my main problem is that i dont have much heroes. Most of my fully leveled up heroes are 4*. Going up against emblemed 5* makes it hard for me. The player in the video has meta heroes (i mean come on, 2 hels? Aeron and panther?). The only purple heroes i have are kageburado (really solid) and domitia (2 of them… but at 1/1). On top of that, i only have 1 4* troop leveled up per color (they are at lvl12 so far). To be more specific, could i beat an emblemed guin team with a combination of kage, tibs, proteus, sabina, rigard, cyprian?-- i will try this.

On a side note though, looking at his list of progressions, i am happy that i have the same priorities having played this game for some time.

1 Like

She has also one major advantage over Kunchen (besides slightly better overall stats) - she can be made average speed with Lv29 Epic Mana Troop or lower level troop but mana node. Kinda terrible prospect for party-wide -44% def unless you have Victor or JF.

On topic: regular Viv for flank, costumed Viv for tank. I have y costumed Vivica tanking in raids and with Vela, Victor, Natalya (soon QoH) and Greg they keep me in Diamond.

3 Likes

In raids and a lot of war I use a 3-2 attack posture. My C-Vive, G Jackel+16, Joon+3 will take down almost any purple tanks and when purple is flank she and Drake+9 are my go to combinations. It helps keep me at +2500 cups

2 Likes

Snap! you raise a couple of good points. I agree that the video’s roster is very deep, so not exactly applicable. Also true is that the troop level makes a big difference.

Troops are the hardest thing for people as impatient as me. They take a fair amount of luck (to draw 4-star troops), a ton of food, and a priority of them over, say, crafting mana pots to fight titans or leveling up troops. It takes a long time. In my case, I initially focused on defense-oriented troops and only later switched to mana troops. I’m almost at the point where my mana troops are almost as high as my defense troops, but it has taken months to do that. The good news is, I have now have at least two troops of roughly the same level in every color which helps in your other point about color stacking exacerbating the need for more troops.

It’s great to be comfortable with your priorities. I feel like I learn something every day, and often that means I have to adjust priorities.

Good luck!

2 Likes

And not to sound like im a super good player… but he really barely won the match, came down to a lucky tile at the last moment. He would have lost if the last move didnt cascade to his favor. All magni had to do was sneeze in his general direction and it wouldve been game over. Hahaha!!!

But yeah, i can definitely go for a mono team in the future. Looks fun and challenging.

2 Likes

When u needs her… She is loyal believe me :grin::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ok, just went up against an emblemed guin tank flanked by gm and kuchen (wouldve skipped this team normally). And arthur and evelyn at the corners. I used kage, rigard, sabina, proteus, tibertus. With only 1 mana troop at lvl14 and other unleveled 3* troops. I actually won the match. 6 “lucky board” tiles into guin and shes gone. Gm fired twice but rigard cleansed twice. Didnt even need to fire sabina at all. Tibs def down then kage slash killed off one side while proteus never let kuchen and evelyn fire at all. Test with 1 match isnt science but… daym… this guin team wouldve been skipped in my usual raiding technique.

Sorry, a little off topic with vivica usage…
Thank you to all who responded with their viv usage. Makes me want to power level her, but realistically will need 1-1.5 months to get her ready.

2 Likes

I use her in war and trials. Sometimes elsewhere, but she’s my #2 5* Yellow healer, behind Delilah who is frankly awesome.

I think she’s certainly good enough for that purpose, and some raids when you want 3 yellow.

1 Like

That had to feel good. Nice to hear.

1 Like