What's Your Raid Style

Combo between 3/2 and mono if the opponent is way, way overpowered. But mostly 3/2.

When I really need a heavy punch against a formidable opponent, I usually choose this:

4 Likes

My default raid style is 3-1-1. Stack 3 is usually enough to destroy the tank with up to 5 tiles.

For off-color I usually run Kunchen + Zeline. Both are great ā€˜wild cardsā€™ in case I get in trouble with my stack-color tiles. Kunchen obviously heals me back and removes the debuffs, Zeline slows down the enemy by lowering their attack + clears the buffs applied. For Purple/Green main color, I usually take Magni for sniping power, just because I donā€™t have Green/Purple pure sniper maxed yet.

Green 3
Evelyn + Morgan + Zeline + Kunchen + Magni

This is so amazing especially for the Aegir tanks. You can turn the def up to def down with Kunchen, or simply remove it with Evelyn/Zeline (Eve gets my levelled up mana troop so they are usually ready at the same turn). Morgan fires on the wings so I can basically forget about them as she eats them down slowly each turn while staying on full HP (itā€™s 250 dmg/heal per turn).

Blue
Aegir + Grimm (maxed talents) + Magni + Kunchen + Zeline

Occasionally I swap Aegir for Ariel, typically when riding against Gravemaker. Doubled chance for cleanse is much appreciated. Aegir I just love for the design after he was changed. Nothing more satisfying than healing thousand of HP after you run a diamond of your stack.

Purple
Panther - Hel - Magni - Kunchen - Zeline

Good stopping power against Guin. Panther + Hel usually do not kill but harm badly and turn three heroes to useless shells.

Yellow
Vivica - Jackal - Joon - Kunchen - Zeline

Now this is probably my weakest stack (mostly due to Jackal being very squishy), so I tend to avoid purple tanks and donā€™t use it often. Especially that the most common ones - Kunchen and Ursena - hurt yellow heroes badly. Sometimes I replace Vivica with Ranvir but then the raid changes to pure lottery.

Red
Zimkitha - Falcon - Marjana - Kunchen - Zeline

With green tanks being a rarity, I do not use this stack that much also. When I do, itā€™s usually weaker than my green/blue/purple, especially due to rather low attack stat of these heroes before Zimkitha fires, so tile damage is not so great, making it tougher to run down enemy with firing at them. Easier to lose with bad boards. But again, with green tanks being very uncommon, itā€™s probably my least used stack.

4 Likes

I run 4-1 in almost every raid and war attack, with Ariel being my ā€œ1ā€ in raids.

My raid teams are:
Dark: Seshat, Proteus, Ariel, Kage, Merlin (who may soon be replaced by another Seshat)
Holy: Jackal, Joon, Ariel, Joon, Musashi
Ice: Athena, Frida, Ariel, Kage, Triton (Who will sometime be replaced by Magni or Alice)
Nature: Morgan, Hansel, Ariel, Hansel, Kadilen (3/70) - My weakest team, but 2 Kingstons in the works
Fire: Wilbur, Zimkitha, Ariel, Falcon, Mitsuko - my slowest, tankiest team.

Speed is usually my priority and there is no real synergy, but the speed and power, plus Arielā€™s mana boost and cleanse (yes, Grave, Iā€™m looking at you) gives me a good success rate.

Iā€™m happy to take criticism or suggestions. I have a fairly deep bench of 3-70/4-70 heroes

4 Likes

For raids itā€™s 3-2 or 4-1. The latter only for my purples, where I pop a GM in with Hel, Kunch, Seshat and Kage. That team very rarely loses and I use them for many different tanks, even Kunch and sometimes Ursena (depending on flanks).

For wars Iā€™ve been doing mono for a while but am trying to work 3-2 in, soon there roster wise. Dislike the variance and board dependency with mono hits.

3 Likes

I always go 4-1.

My default raid teams (all maxed and emblemed).

Dark : Proteus, Ariel, Obakan, Hel, Sabina
Holy : Jackal, Ariel, Poseidon, Chao, Jackal
Nature : Melendor, Hansel, Caedmon, Ariel, Peters
Ice : Sonya / Grimm, Ariel, Boril, Boldtusk, Triton
Fire : Marjana, Boldtusk, Wilbur, Anzogh, Ariel

Fire team has the highest winning rate especially (90-95%) against green tanks followed by Holy. Nature is weakest as i just canā€™t get Kingston and i am reluctant to max Elkanen, heā€™s been sitting at 3/70 for the longest time.

4 Likes

What Iā€™m noticing is many of you rely on the same heroes/combos for many teams but in war and raid tournaments, how does that suit you? Do you have five maxed copies of Ariel/Kunchen/Zeline? What do you do in those situations?

2 Likes

My mainly classic roster generally plays 3-2 for raids and wars (sometimes mono for last couple flags depending on tanks), and usually mono for tournaments.

Usually 1 or 2 healers, depending on strength difference (2 if I need to increase survivability) and 2 snipers with 1 or 2 utility/AoE/Splash. No goto default raid team yet although I tend to use Lianna-Richard-Gregorion-Grimm-Melendor a lot. Also Sartana-Vivica-Aeron-Joon-Tibertus or Joon-Sartana-Vivica-Aeron-Joon.

3 Likes

I wish. Only 1 Ariel in my roster. In war, my raid teams stay the same and I will add Kunchen/Rigard/Melendor/Kiril depending on whether the opposing heroes require me to cleanse or dispel, etc.

3 Likes

3-2
Double heals
Double snipes
1 AoE
Minimum of 2 fast or very fast mana
Maximum of 1 slow
Rest average

And try to put 1 dispeller, 1 cleanser per team as well

Sometimes Iā€™ll go 2 AoE like panther+hel but not often. Would be unusual circumstance but does happen.

6 Likes

My style varies from rainbow to mono, from all punch to only heal.

My stomach decides and I try to counter e.g. AoE with riposte, riposte with dispel and burn with cleanse.

Against purple tanks I almost stack mono against the most devastating flank or 3-2, since my yellows are relatively weak.

I like at least 2 healers and a supporter in my teams.

6 Likes

Lol, @King_Kyree77, was thinking the same thing, then it appears everyone woke up? Whatever the case, good thread. I love this!!!

As for me Iā€™ll run mono on a strong tank/flanks but usually run 4/1

4 Likes

For some reason @AngelOfDark666, yellows take FOREVER to level for me? I guess I just donā€™t get as many yellow/dark heroes as I do the others.
Dark being my 2nd longest to level.

3 Likes

Lol what would we need to do to meet your expectations?

2 Likes

Go in half awake but fully loaded in a blaze of glory straight to the hells of a losing record. That winning stuff is overrated.

4 Likes

I usually run 3-2 while raiding and switch to mono if the tank has more than 1K def with 1.5K hp where 3 counter color heroes cant handle the tankā€¦

2 Likes

I prefer fully awake and half loaded, crash and burn baby!! Crash AND Burn!!!

Sometimes even accidentally win a raid or two? Somehow I touched the shiny colored things JUST right or something? Donā€™t know, still working it out.

3 Likes

Usally run 2-2-1 who ever is going to be more of a pain to me Iā€™ll run double on!

3 Likes

I nearly have 4 maxed 5s of each colour and many 4s, I am mostly using 2 or 3 strong vs the tank but more 4s obviously.

I mix up my teams and hit 6 of the strongest teams we face and generally 1 shot 4 - 6 per war. You donā€™t need the strongest heroes to win most of the time when you go 3-2 and take the right mix of specials and pay attention to all the aspects of the battle (obviously you lose a few too bad boards etc and when you have up to 3 <80 heroes in a team vs a 4300+ defence there is a smaller margin of error)

4 Likes

My main staples in my attacking line up are Proteus, Grimm, and Li Xiu. The other two slots are interchangeable with other heroes as needed depending on the enemy tank and flanks.

Bottom line because I lack 4 star or higher healers my strat generally is to down the defense, mana stall the most lethal side of the field with one scar of the depths, chop the mana of everyone with Li Xiu and depending on who else I have with me at the time, can be anything from dispelling to burning to counter attacking. If there is a Rigard, Kunchen, Guin, or any other dangerous tank, then they take priority with the mana stall.

EDIT: Forgot to add, my alt has a slightly different strat since I have more healers on that profile. I still bring down the enemy defense first but since I run BT as one of my staples, he is my main healer. My staples on the alt are Tibs, BT, and Sonya. The alt is really lacking in the holy hero department, which sucks. Although if I stack the reds I typically take Scarlett as her tile damage is flipping insane. Once I get the red crit troop on the alt, her survivability should go up while still keeping her insane tile damage. I throw Jabbar in if I am facing two healers on a team.

2 Likes

Oh, I have been playing the game for 4 months, so I donā€™t have many heroes and thatā€™s why I usually run 3-2.

I will change to mono when I have enough heroes each color lol