S3 Salmon Loki
S2 Mok Arr
S1 Quintus
HOTM Reuben
Clash of Knight Esme
Tower Ninja Jade
Challenge Events: Guardian Owl.

The worst would be; Exeera, Guardian Owl, Mok arr

Bad but playable mids: Jade, Quintus and Reuben.

The best of the bad: Papirus, Esme and Salmon Loki.

What is your opinion ?

3 Likes

Can’t fully agree with this…
Challenge events: Boss Wolf… Guardian owl is a little gem when used correctly.

And what about Magic Tower? :thinking:

The rest is pretty much on point in my opinion

Game Well :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I think the new hotm klaern takes reuben’s spot as worst hotm

3 Likes

I think Lady Locke, Sargasso, and Morgan Le Fay are all worse than the Owl.

You could make an argument against Aeron and now Klaern giving Reuben a run at worst

I want to try to say Nemo is worse, but Exeera is really that bad

I really want to say there’s someone worse than SL, but I can’t think of anyone right now

1 Like

I have Mok-Arr, G.Owl and Papyros from the mentioned here. I don’t know when I last used Mok and G.Owl so I think I agree with those. But I think I will find Papyros useful. He’s definitely most underpowered S5 5* so far definitely. But I don’t have the luxury of owning other better minion summoners like Bera, Freya, Frosth or the 5* Christmas heroes.

1 Like

I can see an argument for Sargasso or Morgan Le Fay, but Lady Locke is actually pretty great. Her DoT can be lethal if used correctly and cleansing is always a useful skill. All she needs is a little bit of bulk and she would be golden.

Edit: Coincidentally, I am using her for the alliance quest where she works very well. 4 turns of DOT and then she fires again to cleanse the burn/attack drop as soon as it is inflicted, dealing another 4 turns of DOT in the process.

7 Likes

If her dot were uncleansable, I think she’d be a lot better. Or initial damage.

Morgan was good back in the day - check this out

Just her hp/def and amount of damage/self healing doesn’t cut it any more. She would need a damage reduction added to her special in addition to updated stats and damage to survive today.

1 Like

Absolutely agree. I’m pairing her with Miki and Franz. Franz makes her dot lethal. Miki prevents any cleansing. Using her on Kalevala legendary and planning on trying her on legendary challenge tiers (i only maxed her a couple weeks ago). I just need to wait those four turns, with Miki shutting down enemy specials i don’t have to worry about any of my heroes dying (plus i’m going with c.Kiril to weaken their attack) and it’s game set and match for me.
I think Red Hood is way way way way worse than Lady Locke

About the rest:
S5: will judge when every hero will be released
S4: that’s just too easy. If i had to judge based on which heroes i faced on raids, i have to admit even Russula is pretty underwhelming.
S3: the fact that i never faced a Salmon Loki speaks for itself. Judging on heroes i faced, i’d say Fenrir.
S2: Misandra. I’ve never seen her hit any additional hit.
S1: Since some obvious choices at least can benefit a bit from certain set-ups (aka very fast tournaments/wars), i’d say Elkanen. Not even his costume provides anything useful.
HOTM: probably Thoth. But the fact that they thought it was a good idea to release Klaern as is in 2022, makes me give my vote to him.
CHALLENGE: yeah i’ll just stick with Red Hood.
SEASONAL: just pick one from Sand Empire.

I assumed we’re talking about 5* only. If it was in general, well, there are some 3* that are useless even as feeders.

3 Likes

She would be. But I would say she is a far cry from the worst.

Morgan Le Fay is a reasonable comparison. While Morgan is faster, Locke does so much more damage. I have her emblemed along the attack path and with a lv 23 mana troop to give her a 9-tile charge, she is doing a bit over 1200 damage to 3 heroes. Yes, it takes a while, but 3600 overall damage from firing once is massive. And she cleanses on top of that.

Meanwhile, Morgan will be doing less damage over the same 4 turns, and to just one target. And her self-healing is nowhere near as useful as a cleanse in supporting a whole team.

Plus a mana troop mitigates the speed difference.

In other words Lady Locke>>>Morgan Le Fay

4 Likes

I fed Morgan in the last soul exchange and Jade is next. They’re all pretty bad or outdated. The ranking is subjective… I’d add Balbar and maybe Misandra?

1 Like

Pair C-Elk with Evelyn on offense and it’s a great combo. S1 worst hero is between Horghall and Quintus imo.

1 Like

Rueben gets a bad rep, but has his uses. He used to make my second red team and really wasn’t bad when paired with the right heros. Cases can be made for Aegir, Telly, Natalya, Balbar, and Noor imo.

Noor doesn’t belong in this category at all, especially in this age of Hulda-level minions in defense

6 Likes

S4: Exeera and Lughaidh are both pretty awful.
Caitlin is just not good as an event hero.
Went back and looked again, but for the most part a lot of the HOTM’s are below average.

1 Like

I can agree with that assessment in todays game. Just never found use for her myself.

I laughed so hard when I got to the end of season 4, and all the comments about how terrible Noor is… I actually realized the value when she was released and leveled and Emblemed her. Needless to say, season 4 was an easy clear on the last stage even on hard before the nerf.

4 Likes

@NotVixx @IgH @Basil
I surrender! Lady Locke is better than I gave her credit! :white_flag: :white_flag: :white_flag: :white_flag:

4 Likes

I ended up naming Elkanen because, not having a good roster of 5* to experience some particular synergy and not having maxed s1 5* unless i got their costume too, my judgment is mainly based on “how much trouble do i have against these heroes” (that’s valid fot the other categories too). And i’m ashamed to confess that at least in some unlucky scenarios in vfast raids, Horghall and Quintus managed to destroy my team. Against Elkanen (with or without costume) i’ve never had any trouble, in any scenario. But it’s good to know that used in attack they have some value :+1:

1 Like

thot is a very usable hero, with a lvl 30 mana troop he goes super fast after the first shot and in a mono he gives a very important boost to the rest of the heroes. I always use it in attack with very good results just against kage, Clarisa, costume sartana and normally with Viscaro…

I think that no hero of the tower of magic can be considered bad. Maybe Papirus either, although it is far from the power of the rest of the S5.

1 Like