📯 Stonecleave – New Season 3 Hero – 4* Dark/Purple: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 Hero Released: Stonecleave!

:bar_chart: Stats

Stonecleave

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Barbarian
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 789 676 1147
4/80 915 784 1330
Origin Realm
Season 3 Helheim
Image Aether Power Description
rage Rage At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +15% attack, and a further 1% increase every time they are hit during 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Dire Ghost
  • Removes all dispellable and undispellable status effects and stacks from the caster.
  • The caster shifts into Dire Ghost form.
  • While in Dire Ghost form, the caster automatically deals 150% damage against a random enemy each turn.
  • While in Dire Ghost form, the caster can’t gain mana but is immune to normal attacks, Special Skill attacks, status effects, and stacks except the damage from enemies that are of the element that is strong against the caster.
  • Dire Ghost form lasts for 4 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

Stonecleave’s Special Skill was slightly updated:

• Removes all dispellable and undispellable status effects and stacks from the caster.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Stonecleave?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Stonecleave.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Stonecleave and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Stonecleave worth summoning for?

• Would you use Stonecleave on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Stonecleave?

• What heroes would you take when facing Stonecleave as an opponent?

• Would you give Stonecleave Barbarian Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Stonecleave’s special?

• What do you think of Stonecleave’s character design?

• If you Summoned Stonecleave and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Stonecleave and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Stonecleave when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Stonecleave, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Stonecleave (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Stonecleave), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 3 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Valhalla Epic Hero?

It’s important to remember that Season 3 Valhalla Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 3 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 13.7% chance of summoning Stonecleave.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 36 times out of 100, you’ll get Stonecleave by pull 30
  • 59 times out of 100, you’ll get Stonecleave by pull 60
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Stonecleave by pull 203
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Stonecleave by pull 314

Putting that in Perspective

• 64 out of every 100 people won’t get Stonecleave by the 30th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 30 times, 640,000 of those players wouldn’t get Stonecleave

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Stonecleave by the 203rd pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 203 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Stonecleave

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Stonecleave (post release)

Is Stonecleave worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

How many Stonecleave’s would be useful to keep?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • 5 or more

0 voters

What do you think Stonecleave’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Random Ghosty Dude…?

0 voters

What do you think of Stonecleave compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

How does Stonecleave’s Special Skill match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

Is Stonecleave worth giving Barbarian Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

In Defence, where do you think Stonecleave is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

How do you think Stonecleave will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

3 Likes

I got a lot of purple heroes (Panther, Kage, obakan, Rigard costumed, proteus, Ameona, merlin, Domitia); got him and freya. Is he any better then Ameona?

It’s hard to say, my guess is that he will be as useful as her (= useless), maybe even slightly worse.

The main difference is Ameonna has attack boost so dark tiles gets stronger, while Stonecleave do damage every turn. If he was last man standing and you were 1vs1, it’s 4x 150% damage to one target and that’s probably not bad. It might be stronger than getting dark tiles at the right side of the board, but his special seems to be week against full board. And he’s average while Ameona is fast.

So bringing for example Tiburtus (or costumed one) would be most often better option imo.

3 Likes

Raid attacks: Ameonna has the problem that you use up the purple tiles to fill her mana, so you then don’t profit from her attack bonus if you can’t find more purple tiles. So in that aspect Stonecleave is better.
Titans: Both have the problem that you cannot buff the attack with Wu/Ranvir/Tarlak etc. when in ghost mode. But Ameonna gets her own attack boost so she’s useful there depending on what the other options are.
Defence: Ameonna is terrible there

Yes, i have forgotten I have Tiburtus with costume :slight_smile: I will prioritize Freya and see about Stonecleave, maybe in a second purple stack he will be good for something, after Panther or Thibs soften the enemies.

Thank you for the replies.

1 Like

what “stacks” means precisely? could anyone suggest an example?

So far the only example is Mireweave, but I expect we’ll see more heroes introduced with Stacks, particularly as Mireweave doesn’t affect allies or enemies.

4 Likes

oh, thanks, now I get it. the word used in my version confused me at first, but after reading Mireweave card it makes sense (and same word is used). thanks again.

2 Likes

just a question: I see that, at level 1/8, his special is the same as at level 8/8, maxed. Is this by design? Is there any benefit in leveling the special?

You mean the 150% damage amount isn’t any lower?

That seems odd, and might be a mistake.

Can you post a screenshot?

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m going to ask the Small Giant Staff about this.

5 Likes

And again, they will lower the 1/8 special and nerf him even more. Rather increase the 8/8 to 200%

3 Likes

Yes, I would not expect them to increase the 8/8 amount, since it matches what was tested in Beta.

The oddity is the amount at Level 1, not at Level 8.

Beta testers did a bad job than :grinning:. It needs to be increased at 8/8

1 Like

Actually most of the beta feedback was to the effect of “uhh how do we use this guy…? What’s the point?”

11 Likes

My idea exactly. I always get the wierd looking ones when pulling. Would be great if he fired harder per turn say: 200% and… get rid of yellow has still effect on him in Dire Ghost. Make him an invincible random sniper. Now I looks like a brother of Ameonna. And I do not fancy her that much. How hard I tried working with her. I removed the emblems on her

Beta testers aren’t given unleveled heroes to test, so they have no way to evaluate the Level 1 Special Skill.

3 Likes

So, beta test a different kind of hero than what had been deployed?