Question: Elena plus Wilbur and Counterattack

Assume I am attacking with Elena in my centre. Wilbur is active. Elena has fired thus counterattack is active on her and her flanks. Assume the team I am attacking has a sniper who hits one of my wings who does not have counterattack active.

1. Assume the opponent has cleansed my Wilburs debuff. Does the shared damage to my team result in my middle 3 heroes counterattacking my opponents sniper?
  2. Assume Wilburs debuff is active on my opponent. If the above is true, does the reflected damage act as a mini-AOE on my opponents whole team?
  3. What if my opponents sniper is Caed/Sonya? Is the debuff applied last?
1 Like
  1. Yes. I’m thinking you mean the spirit link here has been dispelled by you rather than the defense debuff being removed (cleansed) by the other team because the spirit link stays even after they cleanse the defense debuff. Since spirit link is up on your team, the damage reflected back would only be calculated from the portion Elena + flanks received (which was already reduced because of the def up).

2. Yes, in this instance the attacking team would share the damage taken by the counterattack on Elena + flanks.

3. Yes, their actions take place in the order written on the card, so damage first (which would be countered and shared potentially if the respective status effects are active) and then the buffs are dispelled. Someone like Kage would dispel first, and damage after.

Just wanted to add the link to some common E&P Terms in case that helps!

1 Like

Thank you @aer3.
I am wondering if its better to stack Elena with Wilbur to aid survival or better not to maximise damage. They would be in my 6th War team with Boldtusk.

1 Like

In general counterattackers and wilbur aren’t recommended together if you’re using the counterattack as a primary means of damage dealing, but I think if the goal is more for survivability wilbur can definitely increase elena’s lifespan.

2 Likes

But I will say elena’s AoE damage (and obviously tile damage) are pretty hefty and AoE hitters + Wilbur are great, so that could help to counter some of the downsides of the nerfed counterattack

1 Like

Yup she is such a glass cannon, and as part of my weakest war team I think I need her to survive more than anything. Very grateful for your advice @aer3

1 Like

You’re very welcome! Glad I could help :blush:

1 Like

Cookie Settings