⚔ [11 Jul, 2021] - 116th Raid Tournament - 4* Bloody Battle, No Fire/ Red

This is a very entertaining conversation… against a stated def team I would probably go red mono with Wilbur (and Boldtusk, Falcon, Scarlet and Sumle) and hoping for a good board or just go 3-2 green-red with Boldtusk and Wilbur being the reds and c.Melendor, Hansel and Caedmon being green…

Or just Yurple the way through with Cyprian, Proteus, c Tiburtus, LiXiu and Gretel or Jackal…

2 Likes

Wilbur tank will ruin your Cyprian’s counter :smile:

2 Likes

Ametrine x2, cKelile, Scarlett, cCaed

Double Ametrine has served me very well last 4* no blue buff boost against the sea of Wilbur tanks.

The idea here is if I can’t dispel, then if I get red tiles I can at least get some DoT going which bypasses Wilbur’s BS, and Scarlett’s attack down also makes the flanks less scary. cCaed for cleanse despite weak color because it’s important.

I typically use only fast heroes for bloody battle since you can’t afford to play the attrition game with no healing allowed.

I guess could drop Scarlett for Protreus for double the amount of DoT and some mana control, but then I need a slightly above average board for it to work.

1 Like

Are you sure? The Counter attack damage has got nothing to do with share damage… AKA a counter damage cannot be “shared” same as dots or bombs for example…

Unless I am completely wrong…

:rofl: she is new (at least newly lvled) so I don’t have her stats in mind…

I definitely don’t have it, mine are both without emblems. But this team still works, use it regularly in 4* tournaments.

1 Like

And that’s the reason why it doesn’t work.
Give me some time, I wrote something about that somewhere in the past, maybe I will find it :sweat_smile:

Edit:
Thought there was some more but only found that @Vonos1982

2 Likes

I am all up for education! :slight_smile:

But I was envisioning slashes coming towards a defense - downed team (Wilbur) where 60% of the damage bounces back…

2 Likes

Offense: good start with 5-0.

Defense not doing good, after a few weeks were I was able to put up a A-grade defense. Perhaps should have switched marcel and almur. Oh well, can’t be right all the time. D at 0/3

Summary

Screenshot_20210712-200302

7 Likes

@ferg
@u2371

Thank you!

I see the point a counter attack hero getting “diluted” hits and being less effective!

I will remember this in the future!

The Counter for Wilbur is apparently himself, a good red or green stack… Well blue is obvious but we are talking about a Non-blue format… I would still field a Cyprian if Bloody battle… From the common purples Rigard and Sabina are out so only Cyprian, Merlin and Proteus left if going Purple heavy… (and Ameonna and Stonecleave or whatever is the purple hiding lad …)

Since I do not have any Nijii to support my purple stack …

:lol:

3 Likes

Day 1
O: 5-0
D: 1-0 (uh oh, @slobix effect :sweat_smile:)

No easy autofills even on day 1, in fact already fighting cap teams with LB heroes from match 3 onwards! Used exclusively (c)Caed, Hansel, Mist, Marcel, Almur, and Griffin. Actually only used Marcel in one match since I realized average speed doesn’t sync well with fast heroes especially when you want Marcel to fire before hitting them even harder with specials, or the board just dries up after 3 matches.

Went 3-2 for 4 matches, then last match against a cBoril+20 LB tank decided it was probably a good idea to go 4-1 because look at this hunky dwarf:

That’s Heimdall level defense stats. x_x
Figured probably needed the combined power of at least a 4 stack for tile damage, so went Caed-Almur-Hansel x2-Mist

As for the team itself:

Was almost tempted to go purple against cLi Xiu, but decided in the end getting rid of cBoril so I could start ghosting was more important. Opening board not too many green tiles, but spotted a diamond that was 3 moves away and that basically set the tone. With Almur’s debuff, even Hansel does 400-500 damage with his special, and Caed hits like Marjana so it was instant death to the right side. cGrimm got tiled out in short order, so it was just cLX vs my full team. Should be easy right? Get this, she dodged 3 specials consecutively. If I still remember my statistics right, that’s a 0.8% probability event, so statistically I’m more likely to pull a 5* than this happening. :roll_eyes:

Well whatever, the specials didn’t do damage but Hansel’s witch killer proc’d, so just kept sending tiles into her to make hit herself, and eventually some green tiles came up to finish her off.

Have to say, if heavily stacking green one should absolutely bring Almur, his special bare tickles but that -54% elemental debuff is simply brutal. Specials do heavy damage, tiles do ridiculous damage.

Defense is 1-0 for an A but a serious case of the @Slobix effect since it could’ve gone either way, and is the difference between an A and an E. Seriously SG please fix this, it’s quite ridiculous.

6 Likes

Yup, I wanted to test Almur+Marcel in raids, and this is what happens against 4700+ defences. Absolutely a deadly combo! Those 2 are 4* heros ffs. :joy:

3 Likes

All I’m seeing is everybody disappearing in a puff of green smoke. :rofl:

Well Almur is a 4*, but as @u2371 said, Marcel is really a 5* masquerading as a 4*. :clown_face: :joy:

1 Like

x2 Ametrine charge 2 will hit hard and dispell Wilbur’s buff. C Kelile bypass Wilbur’s buff. Scarlett and C Caedmon will make you survive longer. But the problem of you team is “lack of lower defense and mana controller”. They may work well even without lower defense and mana controller.

I don’t like average heroes when I fall in to a situation that I can get 3 move with 9 tile and can’t find the last 10th tile :joy:

I think Scarlett is better than Proteus in your team. If you use Proteus, you are pretty rely on purple. However, if you can get 10 purple before any flank fire, you are very likely to win. If you want to use Proteus, replace C Kelile with him is better. C Kelile alone can’t kill anyone if there is share damage and she doesn’t make you survive longer but Scarlett will make you survive longer :slightly_smiling_face:

I am not sure if damage from battle item can be share or not. As far as I know, damage from S4 gem can be share even it is a fixed damage.

Yes, the counter damage will be divide by number of heroes with share damage. And share damage is buff, so you also can’t remove it by yourself. That mean Wilbur is one of the best heroes to counter and counter damage heroes :slightly_smiling_face:

Don’t you have Tiburtus ?

I used to have a situation like that but is much worse. It happen in one of my war attack, it is a good board and I end up with 5 vs undying Tyr. I remember that he revive about 13 times in total (2 from skill and about 11 from Fighter class). He die every turn by my x3 sniper and DoT from Marjana but he revive and gain mana each turn until charge skill and almost charge second time. I take more than a minute to just kill him completely. :joy:

Could you try Almur+Buddy+Marcel ? :smile:

I think SG forget that he is 4* and buff him like he is 5* :smile:

1 Like

Day 2:

O: 5-0 (10-0). Looks like I found my winning team for this week. Almur-c.Chao-Marcel-Mist-Jack. Works really, really well.

I mean, look at me:

Screenshot_20210713_101227

D: 3-1 (A) - so far so good. If these 3 greens work well as in offense, could be a decent result. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Boards were more generous today, and still facing some teams with healer/s in them. Same 4G-1P team from yesterday with a flipping Caedmon.

Defense made quite a comeback from an inauspicious 0-4 start to end Day 1 at 5-4 (B), and is currently at 10-5.

Day Offense Defense Score
1 4-1 5-4 (B) 3561
2 9-1 10-5 (A) 6805

Best of luck with your battles everyone

7 Likes

Off topic, how do you make this table? :joy:
Would be good to track and report HA10 results this way.

1 Like

Use | to separate the columns. First row is the header, put a -|-|- in the 2nd row, and then all the data after that

Eg.
Day|Offense|Defense
1|4-1|5-4
Just insert the -|-|- after the header

Day Offense Defense
1 4-1 5-4

Or you can just fill in the data in a spreadsheet and copy-pasta

3 Likes

Day 2
O: another 4-1
D: 1-1 (B) but scored a fat E on the first day with 1 attack :triumph:

opponents

First one used, Cheshire cat, tibs c, proteus, buddy, almur. Board was bad, tank fired and the blind was super annoying, got lucky a dark combination killed it, after that it was far easier, no real danger on the right side and the left was controlled with proteus.

Second team looked like some auto fill team, used my purple-yellow team from yesterday, played the left side, pretty easy win.

Third was buddy, hänsel, almur, double Mist, board was good enough to fire both mists slowing the enemy significantly. Although skittle fired once there was no real danger the whole fight.

Fourth was the loss, used the same team, didn’t looked any harder and wasn’t theoretical. But didn’t get a single special going, board was really bad, tried to play over the left side, but no chance there was always a small cascade, skittle fired two times and in combination with some slash attacks that was it. (only rigard fired beside skittle, so that was such a fight were I wished for a passive tank, who wouldn’t kill me after firing 2 times)

Fifth was a joke, still green yellow, changed only hänsel for griffin. I didn’t fire a single special, the stones wiped out everything :roll_eyes:
A few stones from the last battle in the match before and it would have been 5-0…

5 Likes

I forget to ask you that don’t you have a problem with Kvasir, Boril/Cyprian, and Bera/Black Knight/Krampus if you have bad board ? :smile:

1 Like

He is bad, I mean in some modes I would rather face kvasir than some others, but for bloody battle he is bad.

No real problem, of course you can loose against every tank. But I do normally far better against those two than most other tanks.

Black knight is bad, but that’s mostly because I don’t have many dispeller, if blue is forbidden (likely if he tanks) in bloody battle I have 0 5* dispellers. So yes, I hate him.

Bera or other minions are great, with skadi I only need 9 blue stones and it’s most of the time over. Of course there could already be 3 layers of minions and I die a thousand little deaths, but than I would already be long dead if the tank would be aggressive.
Krampus is something in the middle, if I can dispel him I most of the time don’t really fear him, but if I don’t get the dispel ready, yes he two can be annoying.

2 Likes