Purple 4* Ascension Dilemma

Hi all. Ive been playing for a year now… started playing at the last days of sand empire last year. Really enjoying the game.

Saved a few eht and was able to pull a Gaffar and Jabbar. Are they worth leveling up?

For purple 4* heroes i already have the ff maxed:

1. Proteus
  2. Sabina
  3. Rigard
  4. Cyprius
  5. Tibertus

I have the following at 1.1

1. 2nd proteus
  2. Amonema (?)
  3. Jabbar
  4. Gaffar

Should i level them up?
How do you use them/how would you use them?

Gaffar is a 4* Dark sniper. You don’t have a 4* Dark sniper, so I think it will be a good enhancement to your portfolio.
Gabbar is a more situational hero. Given you will already have Proteus, Tiburtus and Gaffar I don’t think he will cover any significant slot. Maybe just for the Origin bonus when stacked with Gaffar, but even this does not seem as a convincing consideration to me.

1 Like

Are you more concerned with raids or war?

I agree with @CarryAll that Gaffar provides you with some diversity, but if you are focused on war, I might go with a second Proteus since that is so effective in war.

I maxed Ameonna; I like her as a secondary support hero in wars, but she’s far from my favorite.

1 Like

In my honest opinion, given your current 4 star purple roster, I would focus on both Gaffar and then second Proteus.
Gaffar is a good sniper so he will do well for you. I have him. But he does need emblems
Whichever hero you choose good luck

1 Like

It’s all about the Proteus and Gaffar as the others have said. The other 2 hold much less value.

1 Like

Gaffer then ghosty both cool cleric n sorcerer help you out in trails in the future
Hopefully get a gaffer as want one n ghosty got at +18 great on titans damage is high woop plus plus saved my butt in raid or war alot.

1 Like

Mine is +17 and while I agree she is by no means a primary hero, she can be useful for tile damage and stacking. She continues that use after death in the event of an untimely demise. The OPs current maxed purpled don’t hit hard so there could be use there potentially :+1:

I would say Gafar, second Proteus, then mix it up with Ameonna or Jabbar if it is the same options.

Congrats on the pull too! The Sand Empire heroes have a knack for avoiding me :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

My 2 cents:

Since all your maxed epic purple heroes all ran at average mana, it is would be logical to have 2nd Proteus maxed and you use both Proteuses in your monopurple stack in raiding (tourney included), quests and events (if you prefer mono) ditching Sabina, or separate the 2 Proteuses in 2 different teams for war purposes (each team with a healer in Rigard and Sabina). With 2 Proteuses, along with Rigard, Cyprian and Tiburtus, once their mana are filled, you can alternately use Proteus’ skill at an interval, ensuring that the boss wont be able to gain mana until they die due to tiles, or Tib’s skills, or Proteus’ poison, or a combination of them. You need Proteus to get maxed since he is very squishy, and more so if left at 3/60.

Follow it up with Gafar, who will serve as your fast sniper. It may take a while for you to have another fast purple hitter (and they are all 3 and 5 star heroes) as the other fast purple epic hero is Cheshire Cat. Another Gafar would also be ideal if you have more than 1.

As to Jabbar, he is a decent tank also. With both Jabbar and Gafar in the same defense, they will be enjoying a +10% bonus defense. You can switch Jabbar and Cyprian for defensive tank and see which of them is better. Be reminded that their Sand Damage does not stack.

3 Likes

More for wars, maybe for events/titans when i need to stack mono purple. Im content with my 2 raid teams (main strike team and anti-telly team). Sadly a 4* puple sniper cannot replace my kageburado…

Thanks for the indepth analysis. Hadnt really thought about it that far yet. I was kinda focused on running mono on yellow titans and possibly using mono purple on the monthly events.