Preemptive question about limit breaking next purple

Good day fellow Forum Dwellers!

I reach out with hat in hand for suggestions on my next Dark 5 star limit break with the impending Miracle of Omega this month. I will give you a glimpse into how my mind works and perhaps you can give me opinions.

First, my only limit broken 5 star purple is Dr. Moreau, great hero and my defense has been amazing since he came into the picture. Also our Alliance, De Raptors uses purple tanks so that could factor. I will only put the heroes in the poll I’m willing to consider, but my other purples are Freya +20 - Khonshu +20 - Viscaro +20 - Kunchen +19 - Grimble +19 - Khiona +13 - Sartana 4-80 - C- Quintus 3-70 - MokArr - 3-70 - Domitia 3-70.

Here are the pros and cons of the ones I’m considering in the poll:

1. Freya PROS - Very sturdy and pairs great with other minion makers. Use her with Arco a LOT and her defense up is Amazing - CONS - minions peck the enemy to death slowly and she has no direct damage, Also in defense there are a lot of anti-minion heroes.

2. Viscaro PROS - Extremely sturdy and a nightmare to deal with in VF wars and tournies. Fiends are tough to eliminate and she hands them out to any enemy summoning minions. Elemental attack up for purple stacks / Could benefit the most from a limit break - CONS the slow mana can really show and direct damage is very small, Other than VF, this hero is niche.

3. Khonshu PROS - Huge stats and one of the best snipers in the game. If you kill an enemy with his snipe, you can recharge in just three tiles. VERY FAST mana. CONS - Snipers aren’t always the best to limit break and he’ll never be on defense. Limit break will help longevity, don’t need as much power to overkill someone.

4. Kunchen PROS - Great healer, defense down on the enemy and elemental defense for holy. Extremely sturdy CONS - Older hero and his wear is showing. I use LB C Rigard and C Sabina more than him

5. Grimble - High defense and arguably the best minion killer in the game. Can ruin super strong minions from Arco, Hulda and Diaochan. I use him a lot with Skadi on defense 3 three minion makers which is fairly abundant. CONS - Totally niche, not usable on defenses without minion makers and not suited for defense

• Freya
  • Viscaro
  • Khonshu
  • Kunchen
  • Grimble

0 voters

Thanks in advance friends, votes are great and opinions are even better!

Cheers!

1 Like

Grimble is a great hero. But I have two maxed +8 and they do the job fine. I don’t think you need to limit break him to take full advantage of him.

Of all those options I’d go with Konshu.

3 Likes

Freya and khonsu are my top two choices

Khonsu you want to kill so anything you can do to kill helps you (similar logic for why I support limit breaking skadi)

Freya is my only dark limit broken hero. I love it because she’s on my auto farming team. I may use some others more in war, but I’m happy with my decision to make farming easier.

1 Like

Yeah, she’s great for farming. Except in some of the new Season 5 level that have monsters that resist all minion damage. Thanks!

2 Likes

Khonsu, buff him up will ensure he’ll kill an enemy.

1 Like

Great question — really appreciate the detailed context you provided.

I voted Khonshu since you mentioned your defense was already rocking with the good doctor.

The passives alone on Khonshu are impressive, paired with that damage and rate of fire…. Deadly.

2 Likes

None of them. Don’t just LB for the sake of LB. Stick with DM until you get a more suitable hero for war defense.

2 Likes

Makes sense, I do have lots of dunes coins from not pulling last month. Plan on more pulls than last month due to the HOTM. I could use a lucky pull for sure.

1 Like

I LBed my two war tanks, Costumed Killhare for everything except VF and Viscaro for VF.
We (7DU) war in the Top100 area, so we see a lot of nasty defenses and attack teams. If the Dr. is ok for you in VF I would do Khonshu, if you do not spend big, play what you have, do not wait until it is outdated.

Happy gaming

2 Likes

I’d show Freya all my love if I had her :heart_eyes: Granted though, I’m not familiar with Khonsu, so there’s that :blush:

One of my most hated heroes is Viscaro though, he’s been such a pain to deal with the times I’ve come across him :scream:

1 Like

I voted Freya she’s still a good tank and if you can get her costume then makes her an even better candidate.

1 Like

I haven’t started LB-ing 5* yet but for 4* I am LB all my healers because I will always find a use for them.
However you already mentioned that he is not seeing a lot of action these days (using C Rigard and C Sabina instead) so maybe it doesn’t make sense to LB him.

Viscaro is a monster - slow but incredibly frustrating if he fires his skill. LB will give him more survivability to fire. He is a Druid so his last node is 4% mana which can get him to “average” speed with a Magic troop.

2 Likes

How about wait for SE and review then or are you going to look for another element or not partake in SE?

1 Like

Good Question Jack. Last soul exchange I got Lord Loki and he’s amazing…no regrets at all. This soul exchange I will have at most 15 heroes to spend and I’m so woefully weak in Yellow that’s my only element to consider.

3 Likes

Thanks Chadmo, wishing you best of luck with getting a good yellow at SE, I also got Lord Loki and have absolutely no complaints, it’s amazing what he can do.

Out of your list it’s really close and a tough decision but I think Khonshu really stands out the most.

Wishing you luck

1 Like

2 Likes

I went with Freya because she has so many uses. Auto teams, bloody battle, attack, defense.

1 Like

Happy forumversary @AirHawk !

1 Like

Thank you very much!!! :wink: