Please help me with Avalon strategy

I know it’s still much time until the next challenge event but that’s why I decided to ask now - to have enough time to prepare.

Avalon is the only event I couldn’t previously finish over the rare rarity. I find Morgan le Fay and Lady of the Lake simply murderous, not to mention Guin and BK, ones of the strongest tanks in the game.

I’m particularly afraid that I won’t be able to finish epic rarity stages because for rare bombs and Kvasir+19 (minion block) should be enough and for legendary I have time stops. But the biggest problem is epic. Bombs and even paid continuations contribute to nothing there as bosses simply heal themselves, steal my life and cut my mana. I HAVE NO PROTEUS. I’m building a team consisting mainly of greens, heavily emblemed Brynhild, Hansel and Almur, with costumed Mel and vanilla LJ in reserve. Two other slots I want to fill with (also heavily emblemed) Wilbur and costumed Rigard, do you think they would be enough?

My other non blue maxed 4*s are costumed BT, Scarlet, Cheshire Cat, Cyprian, Lady Woolerton, Wu Kong. I have unleveled Fura, Gullinbursti and Gobbler, maybe maxing Gobbler would be a good idea for killing minions of LotL? Or preparing a health/ healing cutting family team of Almur and Fura? Decisions decisions

Your green team is perfect you don’t even need bombs, just prepare a good green board before reaching the last stage and charge up all your hereos and you should be fine.

Bring mana pots just in case so you can block annoying special like BK’s and LotL

1 Like

I always take Wilbur when fighting the challenge events as you only come up against 3 heroes, spreading the damage helps a lot. Wu kong special if I doesn’t miss can be massive aswell.

2 Likes

Oh I forgot to answer your question about gobbler.

Yes I think he might be a better option than brynhild. You don’t really needs two healers, costume melandor is doing the job on his own.

As mentioned above you could also bring Wilbur instead who will both help you to kill the bosses and keeping your team alive.

If you don’t have Proteus just bring some hourglasses, they will bring opponents’ mana to zero and prevent them from attacking for some turns. Take down Lotl first, as her mana stealing minions are be a huge PITA

You can’t do that on epic, only 3* battle items are allowed. It can’t even be used in legendary mode cause those are 5* battle items and only 4* are allowed.

1. Hansel is pretty good. You should use him when boss is charged or before field wrap.
  2. Almur is very good. Use him.
  3. Third team element can be LJ to secure damage.
  4. Then I will go C.Mel and Wilbur. Or may replace LJ with Wu, if you want.

Yes, 4-1 or 3-1-1.
Hansel, Almur, C. Mel, Wilbur and LJ or Wu.

How to fight.

1. To defeat BK, always bring bombs and axes to revert his atk buff.
  2. Vs LoTL always use Hansel.
1 Like

I would caution combining Hansel and Little John. Timing will be key.

The biggest benefit to how Hansel and Gretel control mana is additional damage to the enemy if their mana is full. You typically want to shoot Hansel and then pound tiles into them, even non damage causing tiles, to get additional damage every turn by raising their mana. This plays strange with LJ who slows their gain.

Perhaps you can fire LJ after Hansel wears off but before he is charged again? It would still work if stacked just not as efficiently.

Good luck!

2 Likes

???

This is very confusing.

It would help in the future to ask just about Epic.

Or split it into Legendary, Epic and rare sections.

Green 4* heroes

None of these heroes hit hard.

Almur is cool and all, but green 4* heroes are notorious for being too many healers and not enough hitting. Almur pairs well with Buddy. But Melendor, and Little John, are glass cannons. It is almost the inverse of Guardian Falcon + Boldtusk + Gormek/ Wilbur + Scarlett.

With out Proteus, Wu Kong is the star for Epic tier. With Wu Kong you often need 2x generic/ rainbow defense debuff heroes ( 2x Ramming Pulverizer in strong, neutral, colors helps since Gambler’s stance has a lower chance to miss if you fire 2x Ramming Pulverizer).

Wilbur does no damage himself, so need good team.

Roster

What is the rest of your roster?

My 4 stars:

1 Like

I would recommend using costumed melendor-guardian falcon-scarlett-wilbur-hansel for level 14. The red will help against the bosses, given that they are reds (black knight and lancelot) and green (Morgan).

Bring arrows, axes, bombs, and mana pots. Try NOT to use any items before the boss.

As somebody above stated above, right before fighting the bosses, charge up all of your heroes, and try to make the board full of your heros’ colors. Once getting to the boss, use your specials and play the boards. Before any of the bosses charge up their specials (and you do NOT want BK to charge up his special), you can possibly use all of your arrows, axes and bombs. They might all die, or they will be close to dying. Try to focus fire on one boss so that you can ghost tile. By doing this, I think you should easily be able to beat the stage.

2 Likes

You have Boldtusk+Wilbur+Falcon+Scarlet. Almost perfect red team for this event. Why do you even think about using greens first of all?

Because of blue reflect. But I’m thankful for your help, I will definitely think about it.

1 Like

You have Falcon.

Always a good choice, just be careful against stages with only Boss Arthur.

Especially because Boldtusk can revive as a fighter.

There are boss lists for Knights on the forum, use it to adjust your attack team especially with double, and triple, Bosses.

Cyprian works well to protect Wilbur and Scarlett. Scarlett’s low defense increases damage counterattacked.

Rigard is great for keeping everyone alive and is very hard to kill.

Wu Kong is insanely powerful, but often needs two healers ( see notes ).

Purple 4* Tibertus would be nice - blue 4* Grimm is always nice, except for Knight’s reflect blue. But I do not see them on your roster.

From your roster you should be able to complete Knights. If you have trouble, just bump this forum topic for pointers.

Notes

Click for notes

Wu Kong

(Wu Kong Debuff Duo or Smart Probability or Two Defense Down heroes with Wu Kong)

FIN

1 Like

I do not understand. Blue reflect means that you shouldn’t use blue heroes not red ones. Lots of blue monsters only matter if you are competing for high score. I had no real problem finishing Epic of all monthly quests except Grim Forest(reflect red) using much weaker red team: boldtusk+willbur+kelile+colen+wu. With Falcon and Scarlet it should be even easier.

When it comes to the last couple levels of these event’s I think you just need to come in with a plan. You can’t just roll in with 2/1/1/1 (replacing the reflect color in a rainbow team) and win unless you happen to have a really strong team. There are multiple plans that can work. Mana control with proteus is just a relatively straight forward option and really only needs one hero but it’s certainly not the only way.

Personally I see two options for you really.

1. You could try mana control with Hansel and Little John. The bosses gain mana fairly slowly and resetting them to half mana is pretty good especially if you can apply LJs mana debuff right after. I’d bring Mana pots with if you are going this route to make sure you can have Hansel ready when you need him. I think this would be stronger if you had another mana control hero like Gretel or Merlin but I think it can work if you are careful. 2 green against level 14 with 2 red and 1 green boss probably isn’t the best option.
  2. Red stack is the other option I see with your heroes the one I would probably go. Others have mentioned this but Guardian Falcon combined with a defense debuff and a red stack should be strong and for level 15 should blow up lady of the lake pretty easily. Personally I’d try to level Gormek to 70 before the event if you have the mats and can do it. I’d rather have the defense debuff without the all enemies share damage from Wilbur. I’d rather blow up lady of the lake alone than have all three bosses at 2/3 health. You could do C Melendor, Bold Tusk, Wilbur, Guardian Falcon and WuKong. Make sure you have all your specials up and hit Wilbur, Bold Tusk, Then GF and C Melendor to make sure you get all the debuffs and dispell the spirit link. Then WuKong and ideally pop a red gem to launch a bunch of red gems at them. Double healer + WuKong is going to be very dependent on tile damage but your red tiles should be hitting for a ton of damage. If you don’t want to be as dependent on tile damage you could drop Melendor and WuKong for Scarlet and Gormek if you finished leveling him. Or C Rigard + Gormek instead of Wilbur and Scarlet. Attack buff without the chance to miss and no need for the dispell with Wilbur out.

I don’t have GF for a red stack but I’ve used King Arthur, Grimm, Kiril in a blue stack to blow up a couple events. A reflect comp with heroes like Cyprian, Boril, Elena, etc can work but I don’t think it’s particularly strong for this event. It works pretty well against the last level of the last event with Guardian Kong and Owl absolutely killing themselves on the reflect. I’m leveling my Boril costume right now for the last level of that event next time it comes around. 5x 100% is better than 3X 125% and just makes him tougher in general.

2 Likes

I have used that with other heroes but it never dawned on my wish Scarlett, duh. I always said she’s squishy and stashed her in the wing and kept the riposter, when I use one, at tank.

:beers:

1 Like

I thought about this a little more. As I stated I don’t think Little John and Hansel play well together in terms of how they control mana. That being said I remembered another vanilla 4* who does pair well with Little John if you want to go the route for control over multiple targets with less mana pots: Li Xiu

Her mana drop is “okay”, but you are effectively increasing her drop per enemy when Little John is in effect. They both hit all and are equally effective regardless of which one you fire first.

Hope that helps, good luck. Let us know how you do.

1 Like