🦅 Otso – 5* Ice / Blue from Legends of Kalevala

New Legends of Kalevala hero is released: Otso

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Otso, as well as your thoughts on Otso.

Otso

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Fighter
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 999 1165 2173
4/90 1143 1333 2486
Origin Family
Legends of Kalevala Kalevala
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Power of Sisu
When this character starts a turn with low health for the first time during a battle, they recover 15% health and receive 15% mana.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Boreal Bash
  • Deals 380% damage to all enemies.
  • The caster regenerates 870 HP over 6 turns.
  • All enemies get a Special Skill mark for 6 turns. Whenever marked target casts their Special Skill, they gain a Stack (Max 10). Each stack increases all damage the target receives by +5%. Against Nature characters, this status effect becomes uncleansable and lasts 2 turns longer

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Kalevala family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

Receive -10% / -25% / -40% less damage from the Special Skills of the stronger element.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Otso from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 3 of Legends of Kalevala Heroes - Otso [Part of The Beta Beat v68]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Otso ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Otso.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Otso and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Otso worth summoning for?

• Would you use Otso on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Otso ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Otso as an opponent?

• Would you give Otso Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Otso’s character design?

• If you Summoned Otso and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Otso, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Otso when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Otso, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Otso (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Otso), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Otso (post release)

:question: Is Otso worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Otso would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Otso’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Healer (Over Time)
  • Damage Increaser
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Otso compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Otso’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Otso’s Base Stats?

Note this means Otso’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Otso worth giving Fighter Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Otso is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Otso is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Otso worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Otso then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

Kinda meh when you have Shaal who is Average, deals AoE of 340%, heals for 20% of dealt damage, cleanses, removes elemental weakness of holy heroes and to top it all she boosts HP by up to 25%. Yawn. Not even useful against Titans in my case as I don’t want Titans use their specials, hence Miki. Enemies could get at least two stacks per cast of their special.

Slightly better than Timothy and new Beach Heroes. Slightly.

5 Likes

Another SE material. The recent new seasonal heroes are just terrible… look at what we got from the summer seasonal event portal. Nothing better than a mediocre HoTM.

2 Likes

I’m kind of surprised Otso is this mediocre considering at least Ukkonen, Aino and Kullervo are still perfectly usable, and they are also bringing a costume for Ukkonen, which should make him even better due to increased stats. I’m not saying Otso completely sucks with these abilities, he’s just not in line with the power creep we are all experiencing, and it’s unlikely anyone will chase him.

His selling point is obviously the third part of his special skill, but I can’t think of a situation where you would want your enemies to cast a special skill so that you can do more damage when you get to counter. Wouldn’t it be more productive to just hit them harder to begin with?

2 Likes

This hero is not balance at all at least make him avarage speed

1 Like

Got him … but I’m not impressed.
My second unleveled Milady de Winter, with lower stats, is better.

3 Likes

spent 20 tokens. All I wanted wanted was Joukahainen. got only Otso. strangely dissapointed.

2 Likes

Oh joy, :roll_eyes: Of all my 40 saved tokens I get this guy!

I wish Good luck to everyone but I’m done being disappointed.

4 Likes

The polls are now enabled.

Worse than any hotm 2 years ago. Zynga at its best

2 Likes

Was planning to use my stack of EHTs and then pulled this guy with the second pull. Figure I may as well stop pulling as im unlikely to pull another 5*.

Kinda of in line with my other ‘lucky’ pulls recently. Got Cecilia from a portal, who seems to be the worst of her family, got Hunter from Secret heroes who is definitely not one of the better of his family.

1 Like

Loved the bear artwork but for a 2024 slow hero he is pretty… bad? Even for a seasonal event. Even some average speed heroes are giving auto win after one shot.

380% to all with the right combos can be good but only if you dont die first.

3 Likes

Yeah, average speed would be more appropriate. If I get this one, I’ll level for sure. I really need a good Rush blue and this would fit the bill.

1 Like

by today’s standard, this is an insult.
A slow trash 5 star, nothing in 3 or 4 star.
SG doesn’t even want to pretend they care about FTP CTP.

3 Likes

Makes it really easy to wait until the Secret Hero is available, and even then doesn’t provide too much value to the pull. He’s not horrible. This is really what a new hero should look like. The OP ones are the problem.

7 Likes

This bear is beyond Under Powered. 380% Damage??? Wow. There hasn’t been a slow hero with a punch that weak since Season 4. Why do this? There is a way to justify this underwhelming hit though: Drop the “special skill mark” mechanic and replace with “All damage all enemies receive is increased by +50% for 6 turns” like Franz/Hammertusk. This would make him very desirable with a rather straightforward change. Takes this hero from unusable to Titan blaster with one small tweak.

Save Otso the Bear!

Updated 5 minutes later…

Did you guys know Otso is supposed to be the King of animals and the forest and feared / respected by all Finnish people? Also their national animal is a bear. Dang, and they made their bear this underpowered? I’m shocked.

8 Likes

I pulled him, so I would like him to be saved :wink:

I’m holding my pulls for a secret hero Day. Otso doesn’t look good enough to level and lb… But I’ll take a costume mielikki

4 Likes

Funny to see how these seasonal heroes are so bad since the lunar new year. We really have to keep our tokens for the next or for a good secret hero