šŸÆ Oniwakamaru - 5* Ice / Blue from Ninja Tower

New Ninja Tower hero is released: Oniwakamaru

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Oniwakamaru, as well as your thoughts on Oniwakamaru.

Oniwakamaru

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Monk
C
Charge
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 796 961 1795
4/90 911 1099 2054
Origin Family
Ninja Tower Ninja
Image Aether Power Description
heal-increase Heal Increase At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +50% increase for any healing received for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Standing Fortress
  • Special Skill has a different effect when charged with 100% / 200% / 300% mana:
  • 1x Mana Charge:
    • Boosts health of the caster by 390. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
    • The caster gets Taunt that prevents enemies from using Special Skill on the casterā€™s allies for 2 turns. This effect canā€™t be dispelled.
    • The caster counterattacks with 50% of the damage received for 2 turns.
  • 2x Mana Charge:
    • Boosts health of the caster by 490. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
    • The caster gets Taunt that prevents enemies from using Special Skill on the casterā€™s allies for 3 turns. This effect canā€™t be dispelled.
    • The caster counterattacks with 105% of the damage received for 3 turns.
  • 3x Mana Charge:
    • Boosts health of the caster by 540. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
    • The caster gets Taunt that prevents enemies from using Special Skill on the casterā€™s allies for 4 turns. This effect canā€™t be dispelled.
    • The caster counterattacks with 133% of the damage received for 4 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Ninja Heroes have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Ninja Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 5% / 10% chance to dodge normal attacks and Special Skills
  • 5% / 10% chance to counterattack with 60% / 90% of the damage received

The two effects have individual sequential processing. So one may not trigger while the other might.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• New effect added for Charge 1: Boosts health of the caster by 390. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
  • Charge 1 Taunt duration is reduced to 2 turns from 3 turns.
  • Charge 1 Counterattack is increased to 50% from 24%, and duration is decreased to 2 turns from 3 turns.
  • New effect added for Charge 2: Boosts health of the caster by 490. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
  • Charge 2 Counterattack is increased to 105% from 24%.
  • New effect added for Charge 3: Boosts health of the caster by 540. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
  • Charge 3 Taunt duration is increased to 4 turns from 3 turns.
  • Charge 3 Counterattack is increased to 133% from 116%, and duration is increased to 4 turns from 3 turns.

Beta Information: šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Round 4 of Ninja Tower Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v54]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Oniwakamaru ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Oniwakamaru.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Oniwakamaru and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Oniwakamaru worth summoning for?

• Would you use Oniwakamaru on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Oniwakamaru ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Oniwakamaru as an opponent?

• Would you give Oniwakamaru Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Oniwakamaruā€™s character design?

• If you Summoned Oniwakamaru and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Oniwakamaru, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Oniwakamaru when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Oniwakamaru, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Oniwakamaru (or how many Summons youā€™ve done without receiving Oniwakamaru), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If youā€™d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Oniwakamaru (post release)

:question: Is Oniwakamaru worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if youā€™re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Oniwakamaru would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isnā€™t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Oniwakamaruā€™s Primary Purpose is?

• Taunter
  • Counterattack Buffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Oniwakamaru compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Oniwakamaruā€™s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Oniwakamaruā€™s Base Stats?

Note this means Oniwakamaruā€™s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Oniwakamaru worth giving Monk Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I donā€™t think so
  • Noā€¦ Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Oniwakamaru is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Oniwakamaru is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Oniwakamaru worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Oniwakamaru then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

Letā€™s hope he gets a last-minute buff. He really has no other protection other than his naturally high defence

1 Like

But would a higher def not hinder his purpose? He has to get high damage to also reflect as much as possible? The less damage he takes, the less damage he does by his counter? Granted, he dies quite fast but at least he takes the enemy with himā€¦

1 Like

Nah, his purpose is just a v fast taunt thatā€™s all. Riposte is just a little bonus he gets

Of all the taunters out there he is by far the most balanced one. But unfortunately, balanced simply means too weak for the meta

As much as I would love more protection for him, itā€™s actually fine how heā€™s designed. I would say heā€™s lacking something else, some other offensive support

Your expertise seems to be weak :frowning:

Hes the hero you need as support in 3 - 2 teams to catch joves/annes/c panthers dmg as a very fast taunter

Thats his only job and he will do it super well - he will save teams on the regular

Hes an instant max for solid players - way better than krampus (on attacks at least) just because of his mana speed

2 Likes

Yeah, heā€™s not an easy to use taunter. He can excel very well against heavy AOE teams, against Snipers maybe three hits? But AOEs would have a lot of trouble breaking through him. And you canā€™t even dispel the taunt.
Iā€™m not saying heā€™s bad, in fact of the four new ninjas, this guy is the most interesting one of them all. But something seems to be lacking. Shouldnā€™t be given riposte honestly because whatā€™s the point of riposte on this guy? Slow lv3 charge just to get a riposte thatā€™s weaker than the conventional riposter? Makes no sense at all.
While Iā€™m not saying not to have a defence buff, anything is welcomed, itā€™s the simplicity that draws me to this hero.

C Ariel + this taunter will be a wonderful support part of attacking teams in 3 2 formations

1 Like

Agreed. Thereā€™s no doubt that this vf undispellable taunter will be extremely valueable in the current hit-all meta.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. Thereā€™s a couple I find more desirable but I think this guy will be especially interesting to play with and Iā€™m really looking forward to seeing him in play.

Iwant this guy ā€¦ really like the artwork reminds me of baymax :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: yes

2 Likes

ā€œheā€™s not an easy to use taunterā€

Its the opposite of this - hes the most easy to use taunter because of his very fast speed

That riposte is just a small bonus

He needs to protect the rest of the team from those op multi hitters like jove/anne

I think youā€™re missing my point, heā€™s going to die easily from hard hitters thatā€™s for sure. But he makes it up for having his taunt be undispellable

Pairing him with two other ninjas gives him 10% dodge, so thereā€™s that. Plus if Jadeā€™s in the team she can grant him dodge as well. But yeah, compared to other ninjas from this round, heā€™s quite tame.

Release gives health! @PlayForFun

4 Likes

Yes, this hero is completly reworked.
I will update the topic later today.

1 Like

He became really good, but this portal is very soured now. You rather wait for blue CoE to pull for him. You be better off with that portal

He already was strong and gamechanger on support - now hes super strong - since the ā€œnerfā€ of the others hes by far the best of the new ones

3 Likes

I really like him, the boosted health gives him some nice padding. Hereā€™s my post on Oniwakamaru:

6 Likes

This hero is very good on offense. You get to choose when to use his ability to protect your main damage dealers. At 6-tiles, you are likely charged before the opponent fires.

Keep in mind he is not featured this time. Better to save for next event.