:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 666 879 1549
4/90 762 1005 1772
Origin Family
Hero of the Month Legends 2019
Image Aether Power Description
dmg-reduction Damage Reduction At the start of each battle, all damage received by this hero is reduced by 10% for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Eye of the Prophet
  • Deals 300% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The caster steals generated mana of the target and the nearby enemies over 4 turns starting low and increasing every turn until on the last turn all the generated mana is stolen. This effect can’t be dispelled, but gets removed if the caster dies.
  • Element Link recovers 4% health for all Holy allies for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2019 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% attack.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jan 2024

:boom: Summons Availability :boom:
Or: Where can I get this Hero From?
Past HotM are available from a number of locations depending on their age.

As Onatel has been released for between 12 & 24 months, she can be summoned from both the Atlantis Portal (September 2020 & September 2021) and in the Tavern of Legends Portal.

She can also be “Trained” using the Hero Academy Level 10.

Atlantis Portal
Old HotM’s are featured in the Atlantis Portal a total of two times. Once in the month proceeding their Anniversary Month of initial Release (11 months after release) and again on the next Anniversary Month (23 months after release).

Tavern of Legends
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are added to the summons pool in the Tavern of Legends Portal.

Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are also added as a possible outcome of Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining.

More information on HA10 Retraining here: 🤓 Hero Academy! FAQ, Links, Guides and Discussion

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an old HotM?
Below Maths is current as of September 2020.
Subject to change as additional heroes are added to the Portal.

It’s important to remember that the Tavern of Legends Portal has the lowest odds for a specific hero of ANY portal… No amount of summoning will guarantee a Featured Hero.

You have a 0.25% chance of summoning a specific Featured Past HotM from the Tavern of Legends Portal (0.0125% for a specific Non-Featured).

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2.47% chance of summoning a particular Featured Past HotM (0.12% chance for a specific Non-Featured & 12.27% chance for ANY Past HotM).

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

(Each 30x Summons costs 8,000 gems or ~$79.99 USD).

# of Summons ~ USD Cost
pre-tax
Odds for Specific Featured Past HotM Odds for Non-Featured Past HotM
10 $26.00 2.47% 0.13%
30 $74.99 7.23% 0.03%
100 $250.98 22.14% 1.24%
500 $1,251.88 71.39% 6.06%
1,500 $3,749.63 97.66% 17.10%
5,000 $12,500.75 99.9996% 46.48%
10,000 $24,998.50 99.9999999986% 71.35%

Putting that in Perspective

If 100 people were to complete 100x summons, spending ~$250 USD:

• 27 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 78 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 99 WON’T get a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

If 100 people were to conduct 1500x summons, spending ~$3,750 USD:

• 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 23 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 83 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

If 1 Million players each completed 10,000 summons, spending ~$25,000 USD:

• 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 1 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 286,500 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Onatel (post release)

:question: Is Onatel worth Summoning For?

NOTE, you can get Onatel from Atlantis Portal (December 2020); or from the Tavern of Legends or HA10.

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Onatel would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Onatel’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Mana Controller

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Onatel compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Onatel’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match her Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Onatel worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Onatel is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Onatel is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

2 Likes

I love Onatel but she’s so underrated in the forums. I don’t know why.

My brother was lucky to pull her. She’s great on offense, even against Telluria teams.

I wish I had 4 of her.

5 Likes

I think she’s an offensive powerhouse when you can control her, but whenever I face her on a defense she is basically a non-factor. Minimal damage and you can work around her increasing mana steal.

2 Likes

Oh I agree. On defense she does weird things when attacking, lol. On offense, if timed correctly she can almost disable 3 opponents.

She’s tough as nails. Probably tougher than Kunchen. She can take a few hits before shooting her special. Plus her wizard class just fits her.

5 Likes

Onatel was my first legendary hero, my first maxed one too. Now she proudly carries +18 emblems.

She is really tough one, and can be used both attack and defense. Before Telluria era, I tanked with Ursena flanked with Onatel, they worked like a charm. When she is used in offence, it’s not uncommon that she is last lady standing and brings victory home.

Now that everyone plus me uses Telluria as a tank, her shine has waned a bit in defense. It’s more common to use fast sniper (or Drake) than average hit three hero in wing, but she performs there too and can be pain to take down thanks to her spirit link that gives a bit healing too.

I really like her, together with Drake Fong they are two best holy hotms.

3 Likes

My only yellow 5* hero till date… Can’t get enough of her.

2 Likes

I got her in Atlantis last year, my first maxed legendary hero and a backbone of my team.

1 Like

Got her when she was the HOTM on the month of release. I have 3 monoyellow teams capable of tackling most purple-tanked teams, and with Onatel are Guardian Gazelle and Rana (all average mana generating heroes). Gazelle makes them beefy and deal double damage while Onatel steals enemy mana and Rana munching enemy health. My other teams are on fast mana (Poseidon, Joon costume, Drake and Woolerton) and very fast mana (all 5 Jackals).

1 Like

Got her from HA right now. Wanted her because that her mana drain is oh-so annoying when facing her on offense. Of course no darts so yeah, she’ll have to wait.

1 Like

How have you found her?

I got her from TAL and chose to max her over Devanna, Bai Yeong and Sif. Don’t regret my decision for one moment - she is a mana controller of the highest calibre and is both effective and enjoyable as she adds a strategic layer on how best to utilise her special. The only downside is I won’t be able to make her a 9 tile hero for a long time as sorcerer emblems are at an absolute premium for me, but teaming up with Grimble negates the need somewhat.

3 Likes

Isn’t she a wizard? Although wizard +2 mana is at 19 node

Oh yeah I meant wizard. I’ve got 1400 sorcerer emblems. But lord loki and alfrike took all the wizard emblems…

1 Like

What up @Homaclese i seem to always comment on yours. I just got her today from TOL And my first thought is she would slay at offense. Never got to my costume chao (or normal chao) and for a minute I thought he’d be my mini onatel.

Took devana to 3-70 but I have enough hitting holy heroes so I’m glad to read your choice in her over devana.

My sif has been +19 since s3 and she impressed even at 3-70 so no regrets there :slight_smile:

Hey @dez82 enjoying life working, playing E&P and substitute teaching (lockdown #6 along with homeschooling over where I am).

I am really glad I went with Onatel over my other options - I really value mana control over other types of heroes, although of course they need to be paired with healers (damage dealers not necessary though). I play Onatel with Proteus giving me 2 mana control options in 2 colours, along with Gullinbursiti, one other healer and then either Grimble (when facing minion makers), another healer (when defense doesn’t have healers) or Lord Loki if it does for added flexibility). I think effective mana control can let you face teams much “stronger” than your own.

Here is one of my battles from the last war - not a very difficult defense, but you can see Onatel is pretty effective.

Vs “top” defense

6 Likes

Nice!!! I gotta watch more so I know how to use her correctly lol

There’s a whole tiered reward system going on with her, and you have to decide how to best utilise her.

Obviously each turn the mana reduction is greater - 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%. If you have her ready before it reaches 100% - do you cast her again, to get the reward of the damage from the hit? May make sense. Or do you hold her and wait until the 100% turn is done? May make sense in other scenarios. If you have a big cascade ready to go do you let it go at 50%? Or do you take the risk and wait for the 100%? If you have Proteus’ special up do you wait until that is fully down before casting Onatel at 25%? Or do you cast her early, so that when Proteus special wears off she is already at 50% or 75%? And who do you target? Would usually make sense to target someone who has low mana and then ease off tiles on that target until it builds up to 75% or 100%, but sometimes that is not possible.

That is some of the fun of using her… as I said, adds a bit of extra strategy to the play.

2 Likes

Exactly the reasons why I loved alfrike and lady Loki from the start. Different dynamics but strategizing when to fire is key. It makes the game much more enjoyable then just power hitting people.

I’m also very much in the minority here but I even enjoy akkorog and have him emblemed. While the randomness can make things worse, it requires some thinking :slight_smile:

Since i got her from HA10 i absolutely love her. Her mana steal saved my booty multiple times. Now i plan to use her in the upcoming vf wars with her being on flank for my Alfrike tank. Actually this is the first time i want to do double yellow flanks because my other option is Roostley and he hits really hard, especially at vf speed. Unfortunately my only reviver is Heimdall so i will have to use him and im not decided on the fifth hero yet, it will either be C. Azlar or my LB C. Richard. Lets see how onatel does in this setup, im very optimistic.

4 Likes

I have doubts about Onatel’s effectiveness next to Alfrike. It seems they’ll both be pulling in opposite directions. When Alfrike hits, Onatel’s mana steal can help the opposing team, since you want their mana to fill.

1 Like