Hey so recently I’ve been starting to get a bit competitive, and while my team thus far allows me to stay in low gold relatively comfortably, I’d still like to seek some advice on improving upon it. So here’s what I have currently:
To start, the only other 4/70 heroes in my roster are Wilbur+6 and Scarlett+0, and neither IMO are great for defense, so not a lot of choice here, and I basically am stuck with what you see for now for the foreseeable future.
Let me critique my own team first:
Rigard on right wing is highly non-ideal; however I do have his costumed maxed and paired with a lv 5 mana troop, he is at least faster-than-average, which provides a small bit of saving grace.
Ideally he should be on left flank, however since I run BT as tank, I’d prefer having hitters on flanks, as two healers side by side just don’t project enough firepower. Plus they provide convenient tile dumping spots for enemy teams to charge up all their heroes and take out my snipers in one go.
Grimm is a bit squishy to be on flank, but given his average speed, I’d rather take the chance that at +11 he’ll survive some tile hits and go off at least once. Since Mist is on left flank and she is fast, if Mist fires and Grimm follows up, it’s pretty much a death blow to at least 2 heroes.
My train of thought when constructing this team:
- BT as tank because he’s the most sturdy, and also if he can go off at least once before dying, that +48% attack is going to really hurt. Plus him being a fighter means there’s a chance of him reviving, and since he is tank, it’s highly likely he’ll be fully charged if revive procs, so he can instantly heal himself up and boost team attack when he revives
- Caedmon is fast and at +9 a decent sniper, plus he dispels, so he goes on the left wing to remove any buffs the attacking team may have
- Mist on left flank because she slows mana generation to a crawl, applies a buff blocker, AND gives -34% def against specials for 3 turns. Basically if she fires and she hits the key heroes, the attacking team is in deep doo-doo
- Grimm on right flank because ideally I’d want him to fire after Mist has already applied her debuff, making his ramming pulverizer even more deadly
- Rigard on right wing because, well, I want to run a rainbow defense and he’s the only 4/70 purple lol. Also using his “normal” version for defense as I assume when he’s ready to fire, it’s probably mid-late match and half my team is dead, so that 42% instant heal at least provides one last chance over the 609 HoT the costume has
Edit: I should add, since I have very limited choice of 4/70 heroes, I’m more looking for advice on hero placement. But if you guys think there’s a way to somehow incorporate Wilbur+6 and Scarlett+0 into defense and make it work, I’m all ears.