🔵 [Master Discussion] -- Trials of Mysticism - Guide, Sharing & Discussion

First time I do this trial. I think it’s my last one I haven’t completed yet. Sorcerers and wizards are hard to come by…

Team in last chapter:

Balthazar - Proteus 2/47 (special at 5) - Sabina (19 def path) - cKashhrek - Grevle

Balthazar died almost immediately. Could’ve saved him but decided he was not worth it. The main reason I kept him was that purple was my only color in which I could assemble three wizards/sorcerers, and I needed a color in which tiles could hit a bit harder. Despite the bats being purple…

Heal and overheal everywhere. Mob waves were a standstill: I can’t kill anyone, barely denting them with greens and purples, and they can’t kill anyone because I have three healers/overhealers. Grevle and Kashhrek aren’t exactly heavy hitters with their oh-so-low attack (even if buffed by 30% by Grevle).

Proteus did a lot of work with his Dot. Even though unleveled, he was the star of the event.

He was also the star vs the bosses, preventing them to use mana for almost the entire fight. Still I quickly realized that this is going nowhere, used a couple Dragon attacks for added fire damage DoT + axes for enemy attack reduction. Even so, Proteus died soon after and I had to use my remaining axes to kill one enemy and severely damage the two. Balthazar fired a couple times afterwards, so did Quintus, but my remaining heroes (Grevle, Kashhrek, Sabina) were at too much health already for that to matter.

Emblems and trainer saved.

4 Likes

2 proteus = easy! No items necessary.

4 Likes

MY TEAM:

Nothing special to say. The purple tiles were really generous and Proteus blocked the final bosses all the time. Balthazar was the only one who could release his special once.

The most interesting thing is that there are a reset token again.

Trainer to Killhare, wizard emblems to take Lord Loki to node 19 and the sorcerer ones will be saved.

Good luck and take care. :wink:

4 Likes

Same team no new sorcerer or wizards to even level :expressionless: no items used.

Sorcerer in storage, wizard zeline will take to +7 trainer d’andre.

3 Likes

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril +20
  • Onatel +16
  • C. Justice 4^80
  • Sartana +18
  • Krampus +19

Compared to last time, Onatel is up five talents, and Krampus is up four.

I didn’t even spam minions very hard this time, but the mob waves were still not a problem. Went into the boss wave with all specials charged, plus yellow and blue diamonds on the board, so this one was a foregone conclusion. Ulmer went down first. Balthazar, with his fast mana, managed a meek little lightning bolt that more or less bounced off Krampus. Quintus and Balthazar then went down in succession. A very short, easy fight.

Onatel had grabbed a talent earlier this morning, thanks to the mythic titan rewards, so no movement there. Krampus falls 3 measly emblems from being my first-ever fully-emblemed legendary. He’s a boss, so he’s actually worth it, and he will become my first hero with TP over 900. Exciting (for about a day or two, until aethers go live. :angry:) Trainer hero to my second Rigard, since I need something to do with my cleric emblems.

4 Likes

Team Last Time

Team This Time

No change… I was try to see other alternative, but only Onatel is holy. Almur+Skittle is good pair. So no change.

Battle

Decent board at boss wave.

2x Proteus keep opponent empty of mana all the times.
Finished without items.

Reward

Sorcerer and Wizard keep for now, Trainer goes to 4th Proteus.
Reset Token again consecutive… great :+1:

3 Likes

So last time went so-so, and since then i maxed Almur, and I thought my bog girl Skittles has another chance to shine again. So, the team:

funny, i feel like i just mentioned i really need to fix troops on trials? both of those blue troops could have been significantly upgraded to ninja/crit troops. :man_facepalming:

anyway, the result:

Pretty nice! only one bomb attack used for debuff, because this trial, like the last one, there were no green tiles in the middle of the battle, so it felt like forever before i could fire Almur and Skittles again. And the bosses were picking on Kiril again, and almost slashed him to death. Unlike the last month in this trial though, there were lots of blue and purple tiles, and Proteus kept them from ever firing once, and Kiril and Krampus were charged often. in fact, pretty sure most of the damage was from blue tiles. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

but everyone made it, and only one item used! an improvement, Skittles comes through again. Trainer to Malicna, Wizards to Kiril i suppose, Sorcerers to somebody. Krampus and Uraeus have been sucking up all my sorcerer emblems, and it would be nice to give a few more to Skittles, Sabina and Almur some day.

3 Likes

Reset token in today’s trial

4 Likes

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril +20
  • Onatel +19
  • C. Justice 4^80
  • Sartana +18
  • Krampus +20

Compared to last time, Krampus is up one talent and Onatel is up three.

Used specials liberally during mob waves 1 through 3. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged and a little wall of elf minions. Didn’t really have the board to blast the bosses into oblivion, though. Actually started feeding tiles into Ulmer to get him to fire at Krampus while his taunt and undispellable def boost was active, and I succeeded on the very last turn of the buff, so that threat was negated. Blasted Ulmer in the next few turns. Balthazar hit an unbuffed Krampus with his special, and it still didn’t hurt that much, because Krampus is just insanely tanky. Finished off Balthazar next, and Quintus managed to fire before going down. If he’d had any support left, that might have been problematic, but he didn’t and it wasn’t.

Sorcerer emblems take Jahangir up one talent. Wizard emblems take Grevle up two talents. Trainer hero to costume Domitia, who is coming along nicely.

3 Likes

Went on different approach… Guin and JF out almur and skittles in used a few mana. Umler didn’t stand a chance then had a ghost lane.

Sorcerer storage wizard to zeline trainer horguall.

4 Likes

This team worked pretty well last time, so I decided not to change it up. A few more emblems on Proteus, Krampus and Kiril though: So it’s now:

Kiril +3 - Proteus +16 - Krampus +19 - Skittles +1 - Almur +1

the result:

even better than last time, no items used! I went in full on minions, everyone charged, and the board prepped with purple and blue diamonds and everyone charged, and the board really cooperated this time, filling back up with green… perfect. Ulmer went down in a flash. Balthazar never even had a chance to gain main. Quintus took a little longer to kill off, but he still never fired. slash attacks weren’t an issue this time because Skittles kept the, constantly debuffed.

yep, reset emblem! Trainer to Malicna who’s so close (4/72 i think), Wizards for Kiril or Grevle. Sorcerers probably for Uraeus, but some day Almur, Sabina, and Skittles deserve to get some now that I’m done with Krampus.

Sadly Skittles is seeing less play now that i have Bertila maxed so less from a priority for emblems than she used to be - she originally had all my sorcerers until i stripped her to emblem up Krampus. She was so handy for so long, but she’s just so fragile in comparison to Berty. This trial is her real moment to shine, though.

4 Likes

Team Last Time

Team This Time

No change, troops are leveled.

Battle

Decent start on boss wave.

Clean without items.

Reward

Emblem both keep for now. Trainer also keep. Still not yet decide who to ascend, maybe Clarissa or Malicna.
Great reset token :muscle:

4 Likes

Since usually the success stories are posted, I will post my (sort of) fail one :slight_smile:

I fought with Proteus, Costume Melendor, Cobalt, regular Kiril (without costume bonus) and Elradir. I tried to play without battle items, but my team was killed by targeted slash attacks towards my healers and Proteus. After having to repeat the last level (and thus wasting 20 WE flags) , I used some axes and health potions.

I am not sure if it was a problem with the team I chose (my only other option would have been to include Sabina instead of Costume Melendor), my troops (I had only level 13 and level 5 troops for the nature and ice heroes and level 5 for Proteus), the heroes not being fully emblemed or that I just did not play the board right.

In any case, better to use some items than waste the WE flags like I did :slight_smile: And I will see next time how I can improve my game

3 Likes

Just finished maxing Melendor’s costume and saw that i could bring him in costume instead of Kiril. I figured I’d switch it up and try, better defense up, better heal, more green tile power, and i’ve got Krampus for attack boost. So, the team:

Glad I remembered to fix the troops for the final stage.

the result:

even better than last time! no items, finished without a scratch on me. a pretty good board that put a lot of green tiles under Ulmer right off the bat help3d, he was gone on three or four moves and then i had a hole to ghost tiles and keep charging everyone up. Balthazar did fire once and hit Skittles, but with a full set of minions on her and her attack down, he didn’t even hurt her.

Trainer to ?, Sorcerers saved for Krampus because I decided to go all the way to 20 for the mana node. two more trials and he’s there. Wizards for Kiril or Grevle.

@The_Seeker - my posts in these threads are one of gradual improvement as my roster has improved and i’ve found better tactics for specific trials. several of the trials still give me real problems, check out my posts in Trials of Justice or Fortitude for example. :sweat_smile:
I would think the team you brought would do just fine, maybe next time bring bombs to make the slash attacks not so bad, and mana potions to keep Proteus and/or your healers charged so the bosses’ specials aren’t as damaging.

3 Likes

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril 4^75+20
  • Onatel +19
  • C. Justice 4^80
  • Sartana +18
  • Krampus +20

Compared to last time, Kiril is limit broken, but that’s it.

Played pretty conservatively in the mob waves, since I had time this morning. Did not have to fire Kiril at all, even with that leisurely pace; that’s how little the mobs even matter to this team. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged and some elf minions giving me a meat shield. The board was favorable under Balthazar, so I abandoned my usual strategy of going after Ulmer and instead annihilated Balthazar first, before he even fired. By that time, Quintus was also in pretty low health, so I just worked left to right. As Ulmer approached full mana charge, I managed to recharge and fire Krampus. When Ulmer fired, Krampus’ taunt drew the special to him, and it didn’t even do enough damage to kill a single elf minion, which is just ridiculous, but good for me. As you can imagine, the rest was just elementary.

Wizard emblems saved for Isarnia, who should be getting her sixth scope this week during Frostmarch (and barring a miracle blue pull from HA 10). Sorcerer emblems saved for Quintus, who is approaching max. Trainer hero also to Quintus.

4 Likes

Different team then last aodhan JF in skittles almur out…
Went bad I wasn’t really paying attention oh well had to use some items to finish it… Next time it be better…

Wizard may give aodhan more undecided… Sorcerer storage trainer proteus 2

2 Likes

What did you think of Aodhan? Some were saying that he is the worst slayer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement :slight_smile: I guess I am a bit too ambitious and for me now a good result is to finish without any items :laughing:

But probably I want too much after 8.5 months of play, which for people here seem like nothing, but for me seem like a lot of time :smiley:

1 Like

He’s alright I haven’t really played with him maybe if I have more fiend hero’s he could be a pain…

2 Likes

Late post,…

Team Last Time

Team This Time

Changed, with new cThorne and cViv maxed… and also bring Onatel and Glenda which is better 3-2 colors in this Trials.

Battle

Good board setup on boss wave… with almost all mana ready…

Great no problem,… without items… and without Proteus :laughing: Onatel is enough in this case :+1:

Reward

Emblems keep both, Soccerer maybe for Senan if maxed.
Trainer for Senan.

1 Like