đŸ”” [Master Discussion] -- Trials of Mysticism - Guide, Sharing & Discussion

Truth. If I only I could heal someone to death.

Here is the team:

Both healers had a D up which helps. A lump sum and HoT healer seem to jive well too. Glenda gave herself and Kiril minions. Otherwise it was basically charge Kiril for A boost, fire Glenda for her special boost, then fire Skittles and Q while Glenda’s boost is active. Wash (or at least gets your hands wet), rinse, repeat. Worked pretty well. I am loving Glenda.

This was tougher pre-Glenda for sure.

Q and Glenda each went up a node. Trainer to Malicna.

:beers:

4 Likes

First time completing this one with no items, team was:
JF +14, Ursena +19, Mel (c) +18, Almur, Proteus +20

Wizard emblems to JF +15, Sorcerer saved for Ursena’s last node. Trainer to Grazul

3 Likes

I was really debating whether to try the final or not. i had also cKashrek +19 and cSkittles +1, but just got Uraeus and Quintus to 3/70 and figured i’d give it a shot with them. more firepower. so, the team:

TP is 3655, by the way. the result:

I didn’t really want to use three time stops, and probably didn’t have to use the last one, but it got me there. The real problem was the slash attacks, which were crazy strong, and they had a tendency to all pick on one hero at a time. maybe just bad luck with the AI. they took out Kiril in the first 5 moves or so by hitting him all one after the other. i was quite concerned that without healing i was not going to make it, but i got a pretty decent board and held off the specials with Proteus while i got several good hits in with attack boosted Uraeus and Quintus. Balthazar went down pretty quickly, and when Quintus went down and i still had Uraeus and my Quintus, i suddenly became pretty sure i could make it, because Ulmer only had about a third total health left. he slashed out Uraeus, but i got a lucky cascade of blue and purple tiles at the end that helped a lot, and then Krampus’ little elves killed off Ulmer.

In hindsight i should have maybe brought axes (or Skittles) for attack debuff instead of all three mana potions since the slash attacks were the main problem for me. i may also have Almur ready to go soon, so it might make sense to bring Kash, Almur and Skittles next time.

Trainer to Malicna or cRigard, wizards to Kiril or Proteus, Sorcerers to Krampus or Uraeus eventually.

4 Likes

I’m a bit late to the party here, but I used the same team as last time:

Grevle - costume Kiril - Skittleskull - Sabina - Almur

The items I took into the fight: bombs, axes, time stop, minor mana potions

I used a couple of axes on the board before the bosses because I didn’t want to risk screwing up the green tiles that I had on the board. The green tiles moved well against the bosses. It didn’t take long before my guys were filled up again for another round of attacks, although I used 2 minor mana pots to get everybody juiced up because of the green tiles on the board. Sabina fired off a round of healing for everyone at one point. I chose to bring in the timestops in case of a bad board, but didn’t need them. I also used a couple of bombs and axes to finish off the first boss because explosions and destruction are fun (and those items are pretty inexpensive).

3 Likes

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril +20
  • Onatel +9
  • C. Justice 4^80
  • Sartana +18
  • Krampus +11

Compared to last time, Krampus is now maxed with emblems, and Onatel got two more talents. Also, I decided not to care about Ulmer’s debuff and swap in Kiril’s costume version for Wizard Melendor. Krampus may absorb Ulmer’s shot, and if not, I have antidotes.

Mob waves were unremarkable. Fired Krampus at every opportunity to spawn minions and reduce the need for healing. Entered the bosses with all specials charged and targeted Ulmer. Costume Justice still kinda sucks, but with Krampus’ attack up and Kiril’s defense down, the color advantage from her yellow tiles is noticeable. As predicted, Krampus caught Ulmer’s special; how do you like that undispelable defense up, punk? :slight_smile: Balthazar and Quintus ganged up on Sartana for the kill, but otherwise the fight went well, and I’m pleased to have at least some use for my only five-star costume to date.

Sorcerer emblems take Krampus up a node. Not enough wizard emblems for Onatel’s next node. Trainer to Fura.

3 Likes

I’m using this team for a while. It’s simple team really, except Mitsuko, other heroes quite easily obtainable. And it works fine.
ObrĂĄzok1

In final fight of last stage (Balthazar, Quintus, Ulmer) of course having all heroes mana charged before the final fight, I try to charge Ulmer and get Mitsuko’s reflect right when he fires, so he hurts himself, then I use Proteus and the rest of heroes’ skills and kill them all pretty much with tiles. while their mana is stopped. Easy enough, I don’t think I ever had a need to use any item on this trial.

2 Likes

Her A stat bonus over her base form is great. 240% at over 700 A value is solid I think. Compared to Onatel who is in the low 600’s. Granted, her special is better.

What does base Justice with costume bonus look like? I don’t necessarily like her costume special. She becomes Guardian Owl more or less. I think I would still use base form with costume bonus. I bet she has more than SOME use. Justice is a benchmark of most my legendary events teams (I go for completion). I love that blind :+1:

Ugh, her and I are not tight. Let me know if you find a great use for her besides tile damage dead or alive.

2 Likes

Her A value is enough for her to make the fifth slot on my mono yellow team, but her special almost never does anything impressive.

Don’t know yet. Leveled the costume first, since it goes faster. Then took a detour to level Guillinbursti. Yes, I expect base form to be more useful, once she’s ready.

Will do. I was basically down to her or Stonecleave in purple, and I decided her healing debuff had more potential.

1 Like

Not to get too far off topic, but the healing debuff is a cool mechanic that is supposed to be a counter, to some degree, to overheal. That being said the way the mechanic is implemented falls WAY short.

Look at what Fura or Almur do to drop your overall HP. Maybe Aldridge does too? Then look at how much Gullinbursti, Heimdall, c-Kashhrek, or Grevle generate in a turn. The odds of Fura or Almur generating enough health reduction to cancel out even one turn of the overhealers in a match is slim. Certainly wouldn’t be the norm. It isn’t uncommon though for the overhealers to fire more than once either, exacerbating that discrepancy.

The way the mechanic is now the health reduction simply happens. It isn’t something to plan around or really be worried about, where as overheal certainly be. Just kind of disappointed in that because it could be really cool . Anyway 

Magnanimous? @Sarah2

2 Likes

Oh, I agree about the HP reduction. Almur has it, and I use him a lot. It doesn’t do anything, basically. The only time I ever notice it is when Alfrike casts it on me. I was talking about Fura’s 50% reduction to healing for however many turns. That seemed like it could be situationally useful, at least more than Stonecleave’s ghost form.

Took this no change used some mana wasn’t in the mood for a long battle :joy:

Wizard JF rest storage.

7 Likes

I went with Sabina, Isarnia, Onatel, Sartana, and Krampus (who is invaluable in the boss fight).

Had to use 1 small mana pot to charge up Sabina in wave 5 of stage 3.

5 Likes

I think this is the first time when I did not use any battle item to complete a Trial quest. I like that I have many options for Wizards and Sorcerers in my roster lately.

I need to save up all the Wizard emblems I collect for my Alfrike, who I just got from the recent Valhalla portal. I will be using the Sorcerer emblems to complete my Sabina’s talent grid.

6 Likes

MY TEAM:

Kirill - Ulmer - Balthazar - Jahangir -Sabina

I thought it would’ve been easier. However, I wasn’t worried as I took some revive scrolls for an extreme situation.

The trainer will go to Killhare and the emblems will be saved, as I don’t have enough for taking Lord Loki to the next node and the sorcerer ones don’t have a candidate yet.

Good luck and take care. :wink:

5 Likes

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril +20
  • Onatel +11
  • C. Justice 4^80
  • Sartana +18
  • Krampus +15

Compared to last time, Onatel is up two talents, and Krampus is up four.

Again, Krampus’ minions made healing all but unnecessary. Not even sure if I fired Kiril before the boss wave. Got a blue diamond in the middle of wave 3, with almost no blue on the board, so I was able to save that and manipulate the board to have a good bit of blue before entering the boss wave. Fired all specials, then popped the diamond, and things were already close to over. Balthazar tried to fry Krampus while his taunt/defense buff was active; it was barely enough to make his fur frizzy. Next turn was a cascade that finished Balthazar and Ulmer together. Quintus never fired before I took him down, either.

Sorcerer emblems from a previous stage took Krampus to +15, so no movement there. Not enough wizard emblems for Onatel’s next talent. Trainer hero to Obakan, because I’m that close to being out of purple projects.

5 Likes

My team is levelled up quite a bit since last time:

Krampus maxed +9, Uraeus maxed, Proteus up to +14.

wasn’t necessarily much easier. the result:

really had to use a lot of mana potions and a couple of time stops, because the board went bad for what felt like forever. no blue or purple tiles for the longest time. I’m pretty sure i spent most of those on Proteus, to keep the bosses from firing, or Krampus, to hope to survive when they did. they still managed to take out Krampus, because i couldn’t get Kiril charged up on his own fast enough to heal him and he really took a beating. but hey, i made it. so did squishy old 3/70 Quintus, surprisingly. :laughing:

Trainer to Malicna, Wizards to Kiril or Proteus, Sorcerers to Krampus or Uraeus.

5 Likes

Little change, added 2nd Kaidlen C 3/70

Also getting my troops a bit stronger too

Loot saved, next time i should bring the Badger!

4 Likes

Team Last Time

Team This Time

No change

Battle

All mana ready
 with decent board setup.

Well, Skittskull is died, but finished
 with 3x antidots for POV requierements.

Reward

Wizard maybe +7 for SartanaC, already maxed this week.
Sorcerer, keep later maybe for Rumpleskitskin.
Trainer also keep for now, currently leveling Morris.

5 Likes

I haven’t done one in a while. Here is the team:

Went pretty well. This is the best team I have ever had for this trial. It has always been one of my weakest. Kiril with A boost, Glenda with special attack boost really makes Quintus and Skittleskull hit like monsters. Sometimes Glenda can recharge and benefit from her own power too. That sequence can especially wreck entire mob waves.

I am always amazed by how hard these bosses are though in this trial. My initial wave of specials followed by the diamonds and subsequent cascades I had left them all half dead. It was STILL a relatively tough fight. They just do not die. Their specials and slashes also seem worse than other. I do other trials with more fragile heroes and survive better. Maybe it’s all in my head? Anyways, I won and no one died:

I thought Glenda’s minions would provide something, but they are essentially worthless. In PvE or anywhere a slash attack rarely doesn’t kill one in their entirety so even in a mono blue you can’t pile a meat shield. I don’t really count her as a minion make due to it. If they do live they hit kind of hard I guess. It’s rare to see them live more than a turn or two though. Depends if by RNG you get hit by anything. Aesthetically they’re cool.

Congrats

Have you done a cycle yet? Man, you’re crushing it.

6 Likes

Almost. The next trials of serenity and survival will complete the cycle.

2 Likes