Margaret or Kingston (best to use flasks with)

Hi community.
I’d apreciate your help in this decission. I have flasks to level up my second green 5*, and I have doubts in which hero to spend them.
At a first sight it would be easy the decission due to Kingston seems more powerful than Margaret but in my principal attack team Margaret is being a valuable hero. When she activates her special I’m confident that I have a high chance to win the raid against snipers teams.
On the other hand her deffense weakness is terrible in 3/70.

My principal attack team is the next:
Leonidas(3/70)-Boldstuk(+11)-Alby(+4)-Margaret(3/70)-Sonia(+10)

I’ll change Leo with Joon when I finish to level up him…and I have Kingston bye now in 2/30 and I’m focusing on him thinking in use him in raid, but I have the doubt about him vs. Margaret.

I’m in diamond arena with a gap of 2300-2500 cups.

What do you think?

2 Likes

Just leave Margaret behind, she’s one of the worst heroes. I played with Thoth too and did quite well but only because it was the first HotM I got and second 5-star overall (after Thorne who is still at 3/70). No reason to play with the bad ones if you have good ones. My win rate did slightly go up after I ditched Thoth and so will yours too after you stop using Margaret. A sniper with lowered attack just tickles, plus Kingston hits hard and actually do something.

4 Likes

Well… Margaret sucks! She should be like the 6th or 7th green 5* maxed. Kingston is one the best heroes of the game, dont waste your tonics on Marge, just level her up when you have lots of green 5* maxed already

2 Likes

I vote Kingston. I’d vote for him twice on sunday too.

3 Likes

I agree that Margaret is well I won’t say what I am thinking because it would probably get flagged. I was fortunate enough to get Kingston and just gave him the last Ascension and tonics last night. Margaret will forever be on my bench. She will give water to the rest of my heroes that actually work. :sunglasses::joy::wink:

1 Like

Kingston without a second thought.

1 Like

Margaret isn’t all bad. Maxed she has good tile damage. Dodge is underrated, too. Plus, she can dodge as a rogue. So double dodge.

Kingston is far better and usable though.

@Fingol, I have just one thingS to say!!

KINGSTON!!!!!

Now I did say “thingS” so you’ll have to suffer through more of my verbal vomit.
Marge isn’t bad by any means. The issue is she tends to spend most of her time in my stronghold doing dishes and straightening up after the Orc’s.
But Kingston has a thirst for blood and war. He’s a stone dead killer. Take a look at what Razor has to say about the King.

7 Likes

Hahahaha…thanks a lot. Now I dont have doubts.

1 Like

Kingston is great. Hits almost as hard as Lianna but also has the additional lines of text lol. His attack debuff only goes as high as -51% which it doesn’t mention that on the card, but it’s still really good. It means you can unload dead tiles at a defender, charge it’s special and not worry about the damage you’ll take. So he kills things and helps you survive while you manipulate the board. Margarita will give +90% chance to dodge a sniper like Lianna or something, but Kingston will just kill Lianna so

5 Likes

KINGSTON of course what a question ! haha +10000.
I have Margaret at 3/70 but I do not play with her anymore.

1 Like

Imo Kingston. Margaret imo is way too niche to be considered a ‘successful hero’. Kingston has both sniper ability and attack down that climbs when each opponent is hit with future attacks.

2 Likes

Margie buys time by a certain chance, but nothing else and not reliable.

Kingsten kills, so it definitely has to be him.

There’s a thread to buff Margie, since she’s bad and maybe there will be a thread someday to nerf Kingsley due to being overpowered.

So no question between those 2.

3 Likes

These 2 heroes are apples and oranges so not even going to make the comparisons above

Margaret is a good hero for what she does

Kingston is a good hero for what he does

With less than 30 maxed 5s, i would hands down go kingston for the versatility right now

5 Likes

I’d level even a 3rd Kingley before Margie.

1 Like

I’d level 10 before a single Margaret.

1 Like

Lol you both must have a lot more tonics than i do. I was only able to max 1 margaret and 1 kingston. 3 or 10 would take a lot of tonics and 3/70 sucks for wars. But whatever floats your boats.

1 Like

Playing for a bit more than a year now and was able to max 3 green legends and 5 epics.

2 Likes

You maxed 3 of the same hero?

1 Like

Screenshot_20191031_225648

4 Likes