:spiral_calendar: Schedule

Preparation Phase Begins Battle Phase Begins Rewards Distributed
2020-03-15T08:00:00Z
(08:00 GMT)
2020-03-16T08:00:00Z
2020-03-21T08:00:00Z

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: 🏅 [Aug 4, 2019] 16th Raid Tournament! — 3* Buff Booster, No Fire/Red

=> Click here for Log of all Past Tournaments

:no_pedestrians: This Week’s Restrictions & Special Rule

:fire: :leaves: :snowflake: :sun_with_face: :new_moon_with_face:
Elements Allowed
:superhero: :star2:
Hero Rarities Allowed
:person_fencing: :star2:
Troop Rarities Allowed
:snowflake: :leaves: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
No Fire/Red
:three: :star:
or lower
:two: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Buff Booster

Each buffs adds an attack multiplier!

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: 🏅 [Aug 4, 2019] 16th Raid Tournament! — 3* Buff Booster, No Fire/Red

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before and During the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

• Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?

• Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?

• Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?

• Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?

• What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?

• Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?

• Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?

• Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?

• Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?

• Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

When posting, include:

• Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

• What was your score and ranking?

• What did you get for loot?

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

5 Likes

Should I use By-Ulf tank with Gato flank, or Shrubbear tank?

1 Like

My first pass;

I’ll see if I can hunt down last time.

Turns out I didn’t keep any records from that tournament; no idea how it went last time :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My Last Time Defense Team

Ended with Grade A defense.

My 1st setup…

lack of hitter, but it is buff buster…
After seeing past tournament I will change it to use Muggy and Brienne as tank…

OK, 2nd draft…

2 Likes

@jinbatsu I’m doing the same as your second defense except using bear tank. Good luck to us!

2 Likes

Is shrubbear with taunt best as tank or flank ?

1 Like

Both options seem to be decent. Tank imo better for being slow.

Belith for Brienne?

3 Likes

Alas, I don’t have any more Monk emblems, and I don’t have Brienne’s costume…

Going with this. Probably the best option - Mnesseus x2 and Belith are highly emblemed. And Muggy gives a buff, whereas Berden, Carver and Hisan don’t.

Opinions welcome, though :slight_smile: thanks!

1 Like

If you use Brienne use her without costume so you get the buff bonus! :smile:

1 Like

No, keeping the opponent off buffs is more useful for a defense than to buff yourself. On att it’s the other way round.

If I had your heros I would use Belith instead of Berden and an ucostumed Brienne. 2 debuffers should be enough dont you think ?

1 Like

This is my first thought. Tyrum might be useful but I’m not sure who he’d replace.

My Roster if anyone has any further thoughts

1 Like

First thought mono nature team. Tuck’s +mana may get Ulf to fire his special a 2nd time before negative effects kick in, at least that’s the hope. Appreciate any opinions on that.

2 Likes

Is this lacking fire power? I am curious if the defense team can win simply by buffing/debuffing and relying on normal hits and muggy hits.

looks lethal. I didn’t know byulf could avoid his punishment(?) by going off twice. Interesting.

With my PoV tournament completion done, I can go back to never joining any of these horrible tournaments until the next PoV.

Good luck to all of you who seem to enjoy these.

I’m going to enjoy a well deserved break from this garbage. Also, dont tell me about “free loot” just for entering like I’ll get something worth it.

1 Like

To each his own. I enjoy playing with characters I never use otherwise. 3*s have some fun heroes.

And this is a nature protected tournament. GrootBeard loves nature.

5 Likes

To be fair… my post is very critical and harsh. I realize this, but I do wish good luck to any who participate.

These tournaments just make me very angry.

@Aunty tested this and it did work.