Mana in E&P - Sheet and Descriptions

Dear All,

I have updated and completely revised my old manasheet. Here you can get the latest version. Both ninja and magic heroes have been added. With the ninjas there is often an inaccuracy in the calculation, which I have fixed here.

The blue table is to be understood as an overview of all currently possible breakpoints. Just look at which mana bonuses you can get together with a hero (yellow table) and then compare with the blue table whether and where you can reach breakpoints.

It is always highly recommended to prioritise the breakpoints on 9 and 6 tiles respectively. It makes a huge difference if you get heroes with average mana speed loaded with 9 tiles instead of 10. This often decides the outcome of a fight.

With the green table, I have created an extra table for the Rush Mode. This is about the fact that you cannot use mana troops in the weekly 3* and 4* tournaments, for example. Heroes who can be accelerated to 6 tiles in rush mode even without such a troop become particularly valuable and practical. Also with the 5* heroes, it can be interesting when you can equip a hero with, for example, a ninja or crit troop and still get him accelerated down to 6 tiles. A big thank you goes here to Drea, who was the first to come up with the idea of creating such an overview for Rush Mode.

The manasheet is explicitly designed for calculation in attack only. Contrary to what is communicated in many places, the calculation in defence does NOT work analogously according to the motto: half a mana unit per incoming stone and a whole mana unit per turn. This is demonstrably wrong! Rather, heroes in defence apparently need a little more mana to fully charge than in attack. Furthermore, the amount of mana generated in the defence team is reduced per incoming follow-up combo. My theory is that it should be about 20% more mana for defence teams to generate, based on the above scheme of “half a mana unit per incoming stone and a whole mana unit per turn”, and that the mana generated is also reduced by about 20% per follow-up combo. This would mathematically result in only a fraction of the previously generated mana being generated after the 10th follow-up combo. Please note, however, that this is pure speculation. It is currently beyond my time to test extensively and try to get to the bottom of this.

Nevertheless, the sheet now available on the attack is quite complete and comprehensive. I hope it helps many players in their in-game planning and contributes to a better understanding of the mechanics of the game. If you have any questions, post them in the comments. I look forward to it and will try answer them all to the best of my ability.

Many greetings
Faeldin

Edit 1 (2022-03-23 and again 2022-03-27): I have corrected the figures for the first stage of magic charging. Thanks to @Liam_K and later @Zloykot for the hint! :+1:

Edit 2: (2022-03-24): I have added a German version (Deutsche Version) of my Mana sheet below.

Edit 3 (2022-04-04): I have now added the already verified numbers for the magic heroes. All numbers that have not yet been verified have been removed for the time being to be sure not to spread false data. It remains to be checked whether the calculation of the magic heroes must be based on a different formula than the known formula or whether there is another solution to the problem. At the moment, unfortunately, the experimentally checked values at charge 2 do not come to a common denominator. Another edit: Furthermore, a value at Charge 3 of the ninja heroes was checked and corrected by me. These actually charge with a mana bonus of only 5% and 14 tiles on Charge 3.

Deutsche Version des Manasheets:

71 Likes

Great job, really appreciate you’ve put so much time into this! Hope this will help many players. Thanks a lot!

4 Likes

Nice work :slight_smile:
Thx for doing it

5 Likes

Love it, thanks for sharing.

@BlueHair @Saltyy

5 Likes

This is fantastic. Thanks, @Faeldin! I’ll be studying this repeatedly in depth to learn the lessons here!

(And thanks for the tag, @Ssnake!)

4 Likes

Since there have been several questions about this recently, here is a statement about the ninja and magic heroes in Rush Mode:

They load slower than usual. Each individual level requires 6.5 tiles, just like all other heroes. The only difference here is that all other heroes develop their full potential after 6.5 tiles and the ninjas and mages are then loaded accordingly only at level one.

Ninjas are a little worse than mages in Rush:
With ninjas, every single level is slowed down. With mages, the first stage is slowed down but the second is sped up, so overall the second charge is almost as fast as usual. (Thanks @ Elf who pointed that out yesterday.)

But also mages are not so good in Rush, because almost all other heroes are faster than usual and the 2nd stage of the magic heroes still takes as long as it would otherwise take to be able to charge and fire a Khagan twice, for example.

2 Likes

The 5.6 tiles for a Magic hero’s first charge is incorrect. You can charge a Magic hero with 11% mana bonus in 5 tiles. So the actual number is 5.55 or below

3 Likes

If anyone wants to know more about mana in defence teams, I highly recommend this post from @Guvnor:

Defensive mana generate - #2 by Guvnor

Mana on defence is gained in two ways.

1. Passively with a fixed amount per turn
  2. Dynamically based on tiles hitting the defending hero

Both mana generation are affected by troops in exactly the way expected. If you have a L11 mana troop equipped, the mana generated by both Passive & Dynamic is increased by 9% as compared to a hero who has a L11 Crit Troop equipped.

Passive Mana:

Someone did do a pretty good study of this one previously.

Check this thread for the details: New mana per turn calculation on defense? We investigate Vol 2

Dynamic Mana:

This is where the water gets a bit more murky…

Things we know:

1. More tiles hitting a defending hero = more mana gained
  2. Mana gained is still in “mana units” (like passive mana), so Very Fast heroes will charge faster than Very Slow heroes based on “x” tiles hitting them
  3. Mana Units gained exponentially decays with a cascade. Meaning that if you get a 5x cascade for a total of 20 tiles, this will generate less mana than if 20 tiles had hit the hero over 5 turns (rather than in one big cascade).
  4. Mana Troops (and other forms of mana boost such as buffs, emblems etc…) affect this (as above)

And that’s about it :stuck_out_tongue: we don’t really know the exact decay rate nor the base mana units per tile…

Mana on defence is gained in two ways.

1. Passively with a fixed amount per turn
  2. Dynamically based on tiles hitting the defending hero

Both mana generation are affected by troops in exactly the way expected. If you have a L11 mana troop equipped, the mana generated by both Passive & Dynamic is increased by 9% as compared to a hero who has a L11 Crit Troop equipped.

Passive Mana:

Someone did do a pretty good study of this one previously.

Check this thread for the details: New mana per turn calculation on defense? We investigate Vol 2

Dynamic Mana:

This is where the water gets a bit more murky…

Things we know:

1. More tiles hitting a defending hero = more mana gained
  2. Mana gained is still in “mana units” (like passive mana), so Very Fast heroes will charge faster than Very Slow heroes based on “x” tiles hitting them
  3. Mana Units gained exponentially decays with a cascade. Meaning that if you get a 5x cascade for a total of 20 tiles, this will generate less mana than if 20 tiles had hit the hero over 5 turns (rather than in one big cascade).
  4. Mana Troops (and other forms of mana boost such as buffs, emblems etc…) affect this (as above)

And that’s about it :stuck_out_tongue: we don’t really know the exact decay rate nor the base mana units per tile…

7 Likes

Thank you a lot @Liam_K for this information. I’ll check it and correct the number on the sheet after that. :pray:

1 Like

The information is correct. Sheet has been updated now. :+1: thanks again!

3 Likes

Awesome!!! Thank you for that! Lot of hard work!

1 Like

No prob. I use a +19 Cristobal with level 17 mana troop in almost every raid so I see him charge often in 2.5 ghosted tiles

2 Likes

can anyone explain how much (%) is:

1. small amount of mana
  2. moderate amount of mana

in elemental link bonus?

Moderate amount of mana should be something around 0.8 mana units and a small amount of mana 0.4 mana units or even a little less than that.

Thank you @Faeldin for the work! And thanks for the tag @Ssnake !

2 Likes

thank you. means the amount will benifit for speedy hero, my understand

Thanks so much for these comprehensive data and the supporting logic; your immense effort is much appreciated! :smile_cat:

1 Like

this is great, thank you for your hard work, and for sharing!

2 Likes

Post of the year. Thanks for the updates!

@Faeldin it’s wrong again… for example you can charge x1 a Magic hero with 10% mana bonus in 5 tiles) or you can charge x2 a Magic hero with 32% mana bonus in 9 tiles)) amasing. isn’t it? ninja’s charge is not correct too. there are a lot of mistakes in your manasheet