🐼 Liu Bei – 5* Nature / Green from War of the Three Kingdoms

New War of the Three Kingdoms here is released: Liu Bei

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Liu Bei, as well as your thoughts on him.

Liu Bei

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Druid
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 879 861 1562
4/90 1005 985 1788
Origin Family
War of the Three Kingdoms Kingdom
Image Aether Power Description
dmg-reduction Damage Reduction At the start of each battle, all damage received by this hero is reduced by 10% for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Call to Arms
  • Deals 360% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • Summons a Shu Soldier Minion for each ally with 16% HP and 17% attack inherited from the caster.
  • Shu Soldier Minion gives it’s owner the ability to counterattack with 60% of the damage received as long as the owner has a Shu Soldier Minion. This effect can’t be dispelled.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Kingdom family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 2% / 4% / 6% mana each time a Minion is summoned for the Hero.
  • 3% / 5% / 7% heal each time a Minion is summoned for the Hero.

Morale Boost

Heroes belonging to this family as well as heroes fighting alongside with them receive additional persk in War of the Three Kingdoms:
+10% attack, + 3% defense, +7% health

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

June 2022

Sep 2022

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

Health is increased to 1419 from 1417.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New War of the Three Kingdom Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v46]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Liu Bei ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Liu Bei.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Liu Bei and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Liu Bei worth summoning for?

• Would you use Liu Bei on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Liu Bei ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Liu Bei as an opponent?

• Would you give Liu Bei Druid Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Liu Bei’s character design?

• If you Summoned Liu Bei and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Liu Bei, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Liu Bei when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Liu Bei, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Liu Bei (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Liu Bei), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning Liu Bei.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 15 times out of 100, you’ll get Liu Bei by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 56 times out of 100, you’ll get Liu Bei by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Liu Bei by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Liu Bei by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 85 out of every 100 people won’t get Liu Bei by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $259.97 (US) to summon :one::zero::zero: times, 846,364 of those players wouldn’t get Liu Bei

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Liu Bei by the 1800th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $4,671.53 US to summon :one::eight::zero::zero: times, 49,663 of those players wouldn’t get Liu Bei

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Liu Bei (post release)

:question: Is Liu Bei worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Liu Bei would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Liu Bei’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Minion Summoner
  • Counterattack

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Liu Bei compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Liu Bei’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Liu Bei’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Liu Bei worth giving Druid Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Liu Bei is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Liu Bei is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options
2 Likes

Why is liu bei’s portal image so small lol

counterattack is just weak at 50% and minions health is low… maybe if the counterattack is 100% he will be okay at average speed

1 Like

Weak sauce weak sauce

1 Like

Well he does 340% to three, which by itself makes him one of the hardest-hitting hit-3 heroes in the game. Plus the small heal from the minions (a minion is essentially a small health boost) and counter-attack… he’s an excellent hero even with just 50% counter-attack.

7 Likes

He does lose out to quenell eventually and the counterattack minions are just a bonus

1 Like

IF he were fast but he’s not

His minions have low HP. Pulled him today, will level and see how good he is :blush:

12 Likes

Last portal gave me Guan Yu and this one gave me Liu Bei. The game is trolling me with green heroes but no red ones. Guess I will give Liu Bei the tonics just because I have 3000 druid emblems and he looks promissing on a green stack.

4 Likes

Congrats on pulling LB !

I called them Slimy minions in my Wo3K hero descriptions on my channel !

3 Likes

Guan Yu + Liu Bei at the same speed will do approximately 730% damage to 3 opponents. And Liu Bei’s a druid so only needs a level 11 mana troop with the +4% mana node to fire in 9

5 Likes

I think Liu Bei is good, but just not on par with most of the new heroes coming out. I think a small buff to either 1.) how much damage he hits for, 2.) how strong his minions are, or 3.) How much he counter attacks for. As is, he doesnt hit very hard for an average speed hero, his minions only have 9hp, which seems way to low, and 50% counter attack just doesnt do enough.

3 Likes

I like Liu Bei alot, I was going to LB Guan Yu, but decided to wait until Liu Bei is ascended. I run Guan Yu, ArielC, Liu Bei, Diao Chan, Quenell

I’m also deciding on ascending between Khonshu and Lu Bu … Woudl be nice to have 4 members of W3K heroes on one team getting that small mana boost.

1 Like

What is the best emblem path for him? Guessing attack / health (health for minion life?)

Yes, attack and health because of the minion.

Other topic:

The OP is now adjusted with the June balance changes.

1 Like

What do you guys think of him now after the balance and thus his buff?

I fought a team with a W defense that had Mother North - Zhuge Liang - ??? - Liu Bei - Pengi and it was a giant PITA to kill. Both Zhuge and Liu were over 1250 defense (full shield path, I assume). It took me three attempts to kill them… their defense and health were ridiculous and the minions are a huge PITA.

I pulled for him today but ofcourse nadda…
Maybe he or cao cao will come someday hopefully I’m not too old to play with him…lol …good luck in future pulls…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just pulled this Fool. Whats the current verdict?

Just limit broke El Naddaha, and am currently leveling Fogg, have the tonics for Liu as well.

1 Like