Little John - 4* Nature / Green from Season 1

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Little John, as well as your thoughts on Little John.

Little John

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Barbarian
S
Slow
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
4/80
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
Origin Family
Season 1 Classic
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Massive Chop
  • Deals 185% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies get -64% mana generation for 3 turns.

:hugs: Classic Family

:balance_scale: Balance Updates

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Little John ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Little John.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Little John and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Little John worth summoning for?

• Would you use Little John on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Little John ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Little John as an opponent?

• Would you give Little John Barbarian Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Little John’s character design?

• If you Summoned Little John and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Little John, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Little John when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Little John, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Little John (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Little John), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Little John (post release)

:question: Is Little John worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Little John would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Little John’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Mana Generation Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Little John compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Little John’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means Little John’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Little John worth giving Barbarian Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Little John is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Little John is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Little John worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Little John then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

I saw on his costume version thread some people are very down on his base version. I am the opposite. I love his base form and rarely use his costume version.

I have mine at 75 +20 with costume bonus. That makes him a little faster. I also emblemed him HP/D which has helped his survival a great deal. Even without the A path emblem focus his A value is high. He is still on my titan team for it.

As for his play, I think his cut is HUGE. 64% is better, IMO is better than even say Chao’s 25% cut. Better than Li Xiu, but also easily combined with her. It can make Li’s cut feel more like 40-50%. A lot of times with LJ I don’t need a stopper like Hansel or something because the percentage reduction is so high it buys me the time to kill.

He isn’t great for spenders with deep rosters, but for newer players or F2P he is often overlooked and can add a great deal of value. It sounds like with a lot of events coming we’ll need more depth. Here is mine:

No regrets on emblems spent or anything. He is a constant solid performer for me.

:beers:

8 Likes

I completely agree with the above poster. I never use his costume version, but it does make him more sturdy. I find him excellent for epic events in which time stops are not allowed. Bring some mana pots and let him be him.

3 Likes

him and colen are two of the most scarriest opponent when i started the game back in 2018-2019. when they go off, it was an end for my cute little team

1 Like

Excellent hero for rush tournaments. Not much outside of that.

1 Like

I found him great for event completion too. Some times Halloween heroes are so fast you need more, but usually the initial LJ swing, other heroes specials and some tiles can make quick work of things.

His special hits fairly hard too for what it is.

1 Like

Little John replying to himself :rofl:

1 Like

Little John reminiscing about the glory days :slight_smile: when I first started he was one of the heroes I dreaded facing most, ah how things have changed :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t find a more reliable source than the man himself.

2 Likes

All the vanilla 4* heroes are a bit of a joke compared to the new ones, LJ included.

I survived Epic clash of knights by the skin of my teeth and there’s no way I would have done it with vanilla LJ with his low HP

But that said I’m fairly sure LJ was one of my first 4* heroes and i was at the time happy to pull him.

Now…

2 Likes

This hurts my soul.

Now you’re just being mean. Did @Noble_Weasel put you up to this?

I know S1’s aren’t what the new heroes are, but mine are used constant. They do need emblems and aethers, but even the new 4’s due too in order to play with the big boys.

If anything LJ shines in this event because the mobs the generate mana too. I have used him in past teams for epic. 64% is a serious delay and in PvE you can use mana pots as/if needed situationally. Mine is 75 +20 though. Base version may have issues surviving.

Maybe completion would have been easier for you if the bosses got off less specials because they were 64% slower on mana gen, just sayin :wink:

2 Likes

Not me, buddy. I’m on the LJ bandwagon. A little squishy for PvP, but very serviceable in PvE. He was on my Trials of Strength team for a long time, and he’s still on my Trials of Survival team. He’s the weak color against every boss in those trials, but his mana slow still makes him worth it. Often, he kept the bosses from firing at all. If I didn’t have Onatel for mana control, I’d use him more, I think.

Agree with this. Despite his naturally high A value, he’s a support hero, so beef up his survivability.

Also agree, although I like his costume form for buff booster tournaments.

3 Likes

I initially loved his costume since it was the closest I was getting to a Margaret and thought the dodge ability was neato. Before they changed it to where all dodge effects replaced each other instead of stacking with one another, I even paired him sometimes with cKadilen for two separate effects:

• a hero would dodge and gain a minion
  • a hero would dodge and gain small mana
  • if a rogue, maybe they’d evade instead
  • otherwise, damage would be dealt anyway

But then the change was made and it felt weird using the costume, so I swapped back for the mana generation debuff. I do like the general aesthetic of the costume though. One of the few first set of costumes I like looking at. If he gets a second costume, I hope it’s either something that fits some of the events in the game (like Underwild or Slayers) and not another “Candy Witch” thing.

If we are talking about his base vanilla form (I don’t have the luxury of his costume buffed stats), I actually (respectfully) couldn’t disagree more with this LOL; in this clash of knights quest, being slow mana you’d have to keep using items to make use out of him without him being killed initially.

But everyone’s playstyle is different obviously, and if you can make use out of him, both of you must be a better player than I am :slight_smile:

I doubt it, I used Gretel and Merlin, and I struggled to win by the skin of my teeth :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Yes and no. I used Treevil on rare who is very slow. Overheal can help. It depends on your team.

I’ve brought Hansel, Gretel, and Merlin to the same fight. I find I don’t have the damage output and the fights are long slogs. Those don’t work well in CoK because it only takes one time for that dumb spreading poison to be uncleansable. I am working to find the balance with power and a mana control safety net more than mana control primary.

I will bring LJ, probably only need a Hansel back up to stack color and the rest can be attack oriented. I found on rare even dispel isn’t necessary. I went 2-2-1, so even if it riposted the damage was low as it was only a two hero stack.

1 Like

Fair enough @Muchacho. Yeah I desperately need some 4* and 5* overhealers because I don’t have any!

@Muchacho @Noble_Weasel I think you have just convinced me to give him emblems, lol. :smile: Did you take mana node?

3 Likes

My LJ sees ample use in rush wars, as a single green in the team - his mana cut is pretty insane if you happen to get two green matches early, sometimes enough to win the entire thing.

He essentially reduces V.Fast to V.Slow.

3 Likes

I went HP/D and took mana when it was available.

He was a key part of my CoK epic team. His drop is super legit.

Good luck!

1 Like