New Knights of Avalon Hero: Black Knight!
Avalon Family Bonus
Special Skill: Just a Flesh Wound
- The caster has a 50% chance to drop any received damage to 1 for 3 turns.
- The caster gets Taunt that prevents the enemies from using Special Skills on caster’s allies for 3 turns.
- All allies get +45% attack, and a further 20% increase every time they are hit during 3 turns.
Changes from Beta
There appear to be no changes to Black Knight from his last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.
What do you think of Black Knight?
This thread is for initial thoughts and discussion on Black Knight.
Based on preferences of Forum members expressed recently, please try to stick mainly to Black Knight and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.
Some Popular Questions for Discussion
Is he worth summoning for?
Would you use him on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?
Would you give Black Knight Barbarian emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?
What do you think of his special?
What do you think of his character design?
Do you suddenly have an urge to watch Monty Python?
Avoiding Overspending & Heartache
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Challenge Event Hero?
Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.
It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.
On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2% chance of summoning Black Knight.
But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.
Some useful insights:
- 18 times out of 100, you’ll get Black Knight by pull 100
- 63 times out of 100, you’ll get Black Knight by pull 500
- 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Black Knight by pull 1500
- 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Black Knight by pull 2300
Putting that in Perspective
82 out of every 100 people won’t get Black Knight by the 100th pull
If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 820,000 of those players wouldn’t get Black Knight
5 out of every 100 people won’t get Black Knight by the 1500th pull
If 1 Million players each summoned 1500 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Black Knight
More Insights & Reading
I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:
If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later.
Wondering About Your Personal Situation?
Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.
If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.
Have an Insight on Black Knight’s Game Mechanics?
Click for Info on Creating Player Guides
This thread is a great place to discuss anything and everything related to Black Knight.
Once those discussions have yielded notable insights, I encourage others to make reference guides in #player-guides that synopsize specific questions and answers about Black Knight.
Topics that are most appropriate for that are ones that players are likely to be searching for or wondering about in the future.
Creating a guide is a good way to make that information findable in the future without having to read through a ton of posts. You can make use of the Forum quote feature to avoid having to rewrite explanations that have already been well written.
Here’s an example of such a post: [GUIDE] How does the Queen of Hearts’ Taunt work with AoE specials, or specials affecting nearby enemies in addition to the target?
Related Threads You May Be Interested In
- 👑 New Knights of Avalon Challenge Event – FAQ, Discussion & Summoning Results
- 🧪 Early Information on New Knights of Avalon Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V23]
- 🧪 Early Information on the new Challenge Event Heroes (Pirates of Corellia, Fables of Grimforest, Guardians of Teltoc, Knights of Avalon, and Wonderland) [Part of The Beta Beat v23]