👑 [Sep 2019] New Knights of Avalon Challenge Event – FAQ, Discussion & Summoning Results

The New Version of the Knights of Avalon Challenge Event has started!

The Challenge Event officially began at 8:00:00 AM (08:00 GMT)

:dizzy: What’s New!

:family_man_woman_girl_boy: New Avalon Family

Much like Atlantis Heroes, Challenge Event Heroes will now have a Family Bonus when multiple unique heroes are used on the same team.

Avalon Family Bonus for 2/3/4/5 Heroes:

• +5%/10%/15%/20% Critical chance
  • +4%/6%/9%/13% Healing

:woman_superhero: New Heroes/Bosses:

Lady of the Lake – 5* – :leaves: Nature

Black Knight – 5* – :fire: Fire

Bauchan – 3* – :fire: Fire

:game_die: Slightly Adjusted Summoning Odds

The Summoning Odds are still very similar to before, with slight adjustments.

Please note that Challenge Event Heroes are amongst the lowest odds of any Hero in the game. Even with a large number of Summons, you are very likely not to get Challenge Event Heroes, particularly 5*.

I highly recommend setting and sticking to a budget for Summoning to avoid overspending and frustration.

APPEARANCE RATES
Rare Classic Hero: 63.1%
Epic Classic Hero: 20.8%
Legendary Classic Hero: 1.5%

Rare Event Hero: 7.9%
Epic Event Hero: 5.7%
Legendary Event Hero 1.0%

BONUS DRAW
Legendary Hero of the Month: 1.3%

:orange_circle: New Challenge Coins

Challenge Coins are a new free way to Summon in the Challenge Event Summons Portals.

Challenge Coins can be received from Challenge Event Rewards, as well as from new “rare enemies” called a Suspicious Chest that appears at random in Challenge Event Stages.

10 Challenge Coins can be used for a free Summon from the Challenge Event Portal.

Challenge Coins appear to be copper colored (more orange than EHT and ETT), and are pentagon shaped. They have each of the 5 Challenge Event Family symbols on them, so they appear to be intended for use across Challenge Events, not specific to one Event.

The premise of Suspicious Chests appears to be similar to the concept of Orichalcum Seadragons appearing at random during Atlantis Rises and dropping Atlantis Coins, which can then be used for Summons. One difference is that in initial testing, it appears that Suspicious Chests only drop a single Challenge Coin — but you only need 10 of them for a Summon, not 100.

In-Game Tooltip Text for Challenge Coins

Used for a free summon at the Event Summon. You need 10 coins for one summon.

This item can be received as loot from a Rare Challenge Event enemy.

More Details on the Suspicious Chests

They appear at random in a mob/monster slot. So far I’ve only personally seen a few in Beta, so this information may need to be updated, but there were 3 useful things to note:

1. The Suspicious Chest was Ice/Blue, so it had an Ice Elemental Barrier that reflects all direct damage and status effects from the same element. I believe they are intended to always be the element that has an Elemental Barrier for each Challenge Event.

2. The Suspicious Chest is “Invulnerable” and “Shielded,” which means that it’s “Vulnerable to damage only during the turn before it attacks.” This is an intrinsic attribute, not a Status Effect, so it can’t be dispelled, and shouldn’t be removable, even by Guardian Chameleon. The chest shows the word “INVULNERABLE” below it at all times, and the pop-up information when you tap and hold on it shows “Shielded,” along with the explanation above.

3. Defeating the Suspicious Chest added 5000 bonus points to the Stage Score in Beta — but it’s possible that might change.

Suspicious Chest Screenshots

Shielded Suspicious Chest, can’t be damaged:

One turn before attacking, the Suspicious Chest opens and can be damaged or killed:

:triangular_flag_on_post: New Stages, Bosses, and WE Costs

There are now 15 Stages for each tier of the Challenge Event (Rare, Epic, and Legendary), and they have new Bosses and WE costs, many of which are effectively reduced vs. the current Challenge Events.

@Mariamne & @cap have prepared an update to her fantastic infographic:

:spiral_calendar: New Event Duration & Schedule

The starting time for Challenge Events has shifted backwards one day, and the duration has been extended from 3.5 days to 5 days.

This will of course provide more time and WE to complete Stages, but will also likely affect competition as well.

:tada: New Rewards

The Rewards have been fairly radically improved.

The brackets are still broken up by number like the current Challenge Events, not percentage like Raid Tournaments, but the brackets are vastly larger, and the loot for lower brackets is substantially improved.

There are also more Emblems in the Completion Reward for each Tier.

Click for Rare Tier Rewards (remember, this may change)
Heroes Avatars Flasks Tokens Coins Ascension Mats Battle Items Crafting Ingredients
Rank 1 Lancelot Bauchan 1x Titan, 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x EHT, 1x ETT, 1x Daily 10x Challenge 2x Mysterious Tonic, 1x Royal Tabard, 2x Orb of Magic, 1x Fine Gloves, 1x Warm Cape, 1x Compass, 10x Leather Armor, 10x Rugged Clothes 10x Super Mana Potion, 10x Dragon Banner, 10x Axe Attack, 10x Antidotes 10x Orichalcum Nuggets, 10x Hardwood Lumber, 10x Metal Ores, 10x Large Bone
Ranks 2-10 - - 1x Titan, 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x EHT, 1x ETT, 1x Daily 5x Challenge 1x Mysterious Tonic, 1x Royal Tabard, 1x Orb of Magic, 1x Fine Gloves, 1x Compass, 10x Leather Armor, 10x Rugged Clothes 10x Super Mana Potion, 10x Dragon Banner, 10x Axe Attack, 10x Antidotes 10x Orichalcum Nuggets, 10x Hardwood Lumber, 10x Metal Ores, 10x Large Bone
Ranks 11-1000 - - 1x Titan, 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x EHT, 1x ETT, 1x Daily 2x Challenge 1x Royal Tabard, 1x Orb of Magic, 10x Leather Armor, 10x Rugged Clothes 10x Super Mana Potion, 10x Dragon Banner, 10x Axe Attack, 10x Antidotes 10x Orichalcum Nuggets, 10x Hardwood Lumber, 10x Metal Ores, 10x Large Bone
Ranks 1001-10000 - - 1x Titan, 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x EHT, 1x ETT, 1x Daily - 10x Leather Armor, 10x Rugged Clothes 10x Dragon Banner, 10x Axe Attack, 10x Antidotes 10x Hardwood Lumber, 10x Metal Ores, 10x Large Bone
Ranks 10001-100000 - - 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x ETT, 1x Daily - 10x Leather Armor, 10x Rugged Clothes 10x Axe Attack, 10x Antidotes 10x Metal Ores, 10x Large Bone
Ranks 100001-500000 - - 1x WE 1x Daily - 10x Rugged Clothes 10x Antidotes 10x Large Bone
Ranks 500001 or Lower - - - 1x Daily - - - -

Rare Tier Completion Reward

• 1x WE Flask
  • 3x Challenge Coin
  • 10x Sorcerer Emblem
  • 10x Rogue Emblem
  • Warm Cape
  • 1x Revive Scroll
Click for Epic Tier Rewards (remember, this may change)
Heroes Avatars Flasks Tokens Coins Ascension Mats Battle Items Crafting Ingredients
Rank 1 Black Knight Merlin, Sir Lancelot 2x Titan, 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x EHT, 2x ETT, 1x Daily 20x Challenge 1x Tome of Tactics, 1x Farsight Telescope, 2x Poison Darts, 1x Damascus Blade, 1x Sturdy Shield, 1x Trap Tools, 1x Orb of Magic, 2x Hidden Blade, 2x Warm Cape, 20x Sharpening Stone, 20x Training Manual 20x Dragon Attack, 20x Revive Scroll, 20x Turtle Banner, 20x Minor Mana Potion 20x Meteor Fragments, 20x Midnight Roots, 20x Potent Leaves, 20x Clean Cloth
Ranks 2-10 - Merlin 2x Titan, 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x EHT, 2x ETT, 1x Daily 10x Challenge 1x Tome of Tactics, 1x Poison Darts, 1x Damascus Blade, 1x Orb of Magic, 2x Hidden Blade, 2x Warm Cape, 20x Sharpening Stone, 20x Training Manual 20x Dragon Attack, 20x Revive Scroll, 20x Turtle Banner, 20x Minor Mana Potion 20x Meteor Fragments, 20x Midnight Roots, 20x Potent Leaves, 20x Clean Cloth
Ranks 11-500 - - 2x Titan, 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x EHT, 2x ETT, 1x Daily 3x Challenge 1x Poison Darts, 1x Hidden Blade, 2x Warm Cape, 20x Sharpening Stone, 20x Training Manual 20x Dragon Attack, 20x Revive Scroll, 20x Turtle Banner, 20x Minor Mana Potion 20x Meteor Fragments, 20x Midnight Roots, 20x Potent Leaves, 20x Clean Cloth
Ranks 501-5000 - - 2x Titan, 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x EHT, 2x ETT, 1x Daily - 1x Warm Cape, 20x Sharpening Stone, 20x Training Manual 20x Revive Scroll, 20x Turtle Banner, 20x Minor Mana Potion 20x Midnight Roots, 20x Potent Leaves, 20x Clean Cloth
Ranks 5001-50000 - - 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x ETT, 1x Daily - 20x Sharpening Stone, 20x Training Manual 20x Turtle Banner, 20x Minor Mana Potion 20x Potent Leaves, 20x Clean Cloth
Ranks 50001-250000 - - 2x WE 1x Daily - 20x Training Manual 20x Minor Mana Potion 20x Clean Cloth
Ranks 250001 or Lower - - - 1x Daily - - -

Epic Tier Completion Rewards

• 2x WE Flask
  • 5x Challenge Coin
  • 20x Monk Emblem
  • 20x Cleric Emblem
  • 1x Trap Tools
  • 1x Fine Gloves
  • 1x Revive Scroll
Click for Legendary Tier Rewards (remember, this may change)
Rank 1 Lady of the Lake King Arthur, Guinevere, Morgan Le Faye 3x Titan, 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x EHT, 3x ETT, 1x Daily 30x Challenge 1x Royal Tabard, 1x Tome of Tactics, 2x Mysterious Tonic, 1x Poison Darts, 2x Damascus Blade, 1x Sturdy Shield, 1x Warm Cape, 2x Fine Gloves, 1x Trap Tools, 2x Compass, 30x Arcane Scripts, 30x Adventurer’s Kit 30x Super Healing Potion, 30x Super Antidotes, 30x Bear Banner, 30x Minor Healing Potion 30x Dragon Bone, 30x Fine Steel, 30x Sunspire Feathers, 30x Leather Strips
Ranks 2-10 - Guinevere, Morgan Le Faye 3x Titan, 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x EHT, 3x ETT, 1x Daily 15x Challenge 1x Royal Tabard, 1x Mysterious Tonic, 1x Poison Darts, 1x Damascus Blade, 1x Sturdy Shield, 1x Warm Cape, 2x Fine Gloves, 1x Trap Tools, 2x Compass, 30x Arcane Scripts, 30x Adventurer’s Kit 30x Super Healing Potion, 30x Super Antidotes, 30x Bear Banner, 30x Minor Healing Potion 30x Dragon Bone, 30x Fine Steel, 30x Sunspire Feathers, 30x Leather Strips
Ranks 11-100 - Morgan Le Faye 3x Titan, 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x EHT, 3x ETT, 1x Daily 5x Challenge 1x Royal Tabard, 1x Damascus Blade, 1x Sturdy Shield, 1x Warm Cape, 2x Fine Gloves, 1x Trap Tools, 2x Compass, 30x Arcane Scripts, 30x Adventurer’s Kit 30x Super Healing Potion, 30x Super Antidotes, 30x Bear Banner, 30x Minor Healing Potion 30x Dragon Bone, 30x Fine Steel, 30x Sunspire Feathers, 30x Leather Strips
Ranks 101-1000 - - 3x Titan, 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x EHT, 3x ETT, 1x Daily - 1x Warm Cape, 1x Fine Gloves, 1x Trap Tools, 1x Compass, 30x Arcane Scripts, 30x Adventurer’s Kit 30x Super Antidotes, 30x Bear Banner, 30x Minor Healing Potion 30x Fine Steel, 30x Sunspire Feathers, 30x Leather Strips
Ranks 1001-10000 - - 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x ETT, 1x Daily - 1x Warm Cape, 30x Arcane Scripts, 30x Adventurer’s Kit 30x Bear Banner, 30x Minor Healing Potion 30x Sunspire Feathers, 30x Leather Strips
Ranks 10001-100000 - - 3x WE 1x Daily - 30x Adventurer’s Kit 30x Minor Healing Potion 30x Leather Strips
Ranks 1000001 or Lower - - - 1x Daily - - -

Legendary Tier Completion Rewards

• 3x WE Flask
  • 7x Challenge Coin
  • 50x Wizard Emblem
  • 50x Barbarian Emblem
  • 1x Sturdy Shield
  • 1x Fine Gloves
  • 1x Compass
  • 1x Revive Scroll

:alarm_clock: New Completion Rewards Time Cutoff

Completion Rewards will now be given even if the final stage is completed after the event ended.

This was a frequent request from players. One of the recent discussion threads can be found here: Challenge event glitch – Didn’t Get Completion Reward for Finishing After Event Ended

:link: Related Threads

17 Likes

Clean your ipads, clean your glasses, get coffee and Aspirin ready, its starting soon! :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Am really excited about the new challenge events
And i love that they made it longer but my biggest concern is that it starts on Wed hope the servers doesnt crash as Wed will be very busy time for the servers
After about an hour trials > 1 hour later event will start > 1 hour later our war will start
And i know that all wars will start few mins between each other
I just hope the servers doesnt crash

6 Likes

Is there a level guide anywhere?

1 Like

Yes, @Mariamne made a new one, and will likely be posting it later today.

5 Likes

Brilliant, thank you.

1 Like

Thank you for this @Zephyr1 - you’re awesome! :star2:

2 Likes

So 300 gems to use. I am not patient. The event starts and opens up.

In to the summons I go. Click to use 300 gems. Close my eyes (don’t know why, never done that before).

Open them to see the MIGHTY…karil. Sigh.

Click collect and go to move on.

Whats this?

Bonus draw!?

GRAZUL!!!

Very happy with that, never had a bonus draw before!

16 Likes

It’s done ! Good Avalon all

12 Likes

Thanks, @Mariamne for the updated infographic!

I’ve added it to the top post of this thread. :cookie:

6 Likes

Thank you for all the info pics you do so well :slight_smile:

1 Like

10 pull - 2 Bauchan :smiley: … then…
Chao and Hu Tao :confused:

Ugh, the animation of the Lady is awful Oo

So, I think I’ll burn some WE now :smiley: what about working? Hah, I’m a woman, I can multitask…but not with BlueStacks for my alt and Visual Studio and Remote Desktop Connections, they really hate each other :frowning:

Kiss my … :crazy_face: that’s worse than worst!!

10 Likes

Ouch :frowning: I did one more 300 Gem summon, which is usually where I seem to pick up my good ones and I got my first Kiril!.. lol I’ll take that I guess :smiley:

7 Likes

10 pulls, Lancelot Lianna and Grazul. No 5* Avalon but can’t complain :slight_smile:
I’m wondering, does the bonus draw always appear at the end of a 10 pull? Because I’ve had this twice in a row now.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s always at the end, no matter how many you get — as long as you get any.

The Bonus Draw for the HOTM isn’t guaranteed, it’s only a 1.3% chance per Summons.

3 Likes

I didn’t start the challenge yet. I still have trouble understanding what is with that suspicious chest. Let me tell you what I understood. The damn thing is invulnerable most of the time and can be attacked only when that miniature sword on him shows 1, meaning it is the turn before it attacks. Is that correct?

Yep! That’s correct.

2 Likes