🧪 Early Information on New Knights of Avalon Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V23]

Good point, the amount of time spent playing and chasing high scores is definitely going to increase. I can’t see myself abandoning stages now either if I get one of those mystery chests (at least at the beginning of a run) and I may just use items if the boards screw me so bad that I can’t complete the stage otherwise.

Good or bad thing I guess, depends on player perspective.

3 Likes

this was made for all players to have a chance to a ett. this means more popularity, more players, more money from players or notoriety.
you are hooked, 1 player quiting or spending less is neglijable, as your opinion vs the other 130000 players around.

hurts, but its true.

1 Like

Pardon my ignorance. As the new Avalon is currently in beta discussions stages, and the new Pirates already in testing and have already pushed events out, will this impact the Challenge Event schedule of Sept. 2019? My scheduling might be off, but isn’t Avalon supposed to be up next?

1 Like

Shame on Small Giant Games!

1 Like

tenor

Nice reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

18 Likes

I’m not even kidding, in the current version of Beta, every time his damage reduction procs, a white speech bubble pops up on the screen that says:

Just a flesh wound!

And yes, his artwork is clearly meant to look like that Black Knight.

25 Likes

Seems others are confused by your message here, so agreed, it is a shame that only 1 person can get a new hero, would have been nice to see like… top 10 or something. The increase to levels and world energy is a very obvious way to grab more money from folks… have a feeling it’s going to work as well.

2 Likes

Are the challenge stages still 3 waves? Increasing the number of mob waves is the simplest way to alter the challenge events such that the (top) scores aren’t just based upon the opening board but rather depend more on the skill with which you play the boards. Increased waves means you can’t just use items to blast through all boards other than the first one.

5 Likes

I haven’t made it through all of them yet, but the ones I’ve done so far are still 3 waves.

3 Likes

I do hope they keep that speech bubble in once this goes live. I’d love to add The Black Knight to my hero roster. Thanks for sharing @zephyr1.

8 Likes

Wasn’t the Black Knight just Lancelot in disguise, when he was trying to defend Guinevere’s honor because she was accused of poisoning another knight during a banquet?

3 Likes

Yes, Lancelot disguises himself as the Black Knight in one of the stories. However, all of the Arthurian legends are written by several authors. There are multiple knights throughout them; Black Knight, Green Knight, Red Knight… in some stories they’re all the same person assuming different personas or disguises, in other stories they’re supernatural warriors.

So the identity of the Black Knight differs depending on who the authors of the stories were (some authors are unknown too).

11 Likes

Thanks for the backstory… If it turns out that Black Knight (in this game) is just a beefed up (or riled up) Lancelot (in this game), it would be pretty hilarious.

4 Likes

If this doesn’t survive to release, you have failed us, SGG!

4 Likes

It’s really funny. I still think it’s funny after about 7 times.

Not as sure I’ll think it’s funny after 500 times.

Some of the initial feedback in Beta has expressed concern about that, and it partially blocking the board when he’s on your team.

7 Likes

It’s one of the reasons I like Frida and Anzogh. Their special animations don’t cover any of the tiles during titan battles.

5 Likes

YES!!! I really really hope they keep the word bubble!!!

2 Likes

Good beta feedback…let us wait and see what more is in store.

1 Like

zephyr1, in the main beta thread, you mention A 75-gems entry fee is now added to each difficulty, but you did not put it in this thread, is it still valid?

1 Like

That was a joke lol:

7 Likes

Cookie Settings