Kara or Black Knight?

I already have Black Knight.
But I need advice from players who got Kara.
Is she better than Black Knight? Raids? Defence? Titans?
Screenshot_20220531_184026_com.smallgiantgames.empires

1 Like

Not having either, I have watched Youtube videos discussing taunt heroes. Kara is very strong but not a HUGE upgrade over BK. Kara’s Paladin class and elemental link make her very useful defensively and for stacking yellows in raids and wars attacks.

Cheers and congrats!

3 Likes

I have kara maxed. To be honest, I don’t understand the hype around taunt after having her. Maybe it’s just because I played without taunt for so long I learned to work around the need for it.

6 Likes

I have maxed her and I have maxed QoH, Krampus and Ludwig, who is even +20 and LB. Manly for titans though, as she is the only holy 5* that raises attack I can think of (except for Gazelle, but she works differently).

Hype comes mainly from the synergy of passives. Mana on dispel so if somebody dispels her taunt she’ll get closer to firing again, and resistance against defense ailments so she can’t have her defense reduced when tanking specials.

4 Likes

Yes but is she better or not?

I would personally say she isn’t better. Because black knights 1 damage ability is just bonkers.

But, Kara is more consistent.

There will be time that black knight is a wet noodle who gets blown out of the water and feels totally nonexistent.

Kara will always feel like an 8.5/10 tank.

Black knight will have days he feels like a 20/10 tank and times he feels like a 4/10 tank!

I don’t know if that helps you make a final decision, but that’s the best way I can explain it.

Black knight has the potential impact to make you win the game for you all by himself, Kara can’t do that.

Black knight can also get obliterated and do nothing for you though while Kara will always provide a consistent tank presence.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

The answer to which is better could ultimately come down to the defense you face. In the last Alliance War, I faced off against a defense with Finley (left flank) and cViv (right wing). I have cKrampus/Ludwig/Kara/BK all maxed and took Kara on this particular attack for her passive – had Kara going when both Finley and cViv fired. Kara protected my team from def-down and I won this attack because of her.

1 Like

Both have their places. In my observation. BK excels if he fires before he dies. His drop to 1 damage is beyond annoying and can change the context of the game. Kara is special as she can sit right next to a dark tank and can cause enough problems on defense.
On offense you can use both interchangeably depending on the kind of stack you take.

1 Like

What’s best is one taunter and one dodger on the same team. One or the other is just good. Kara plus Inari is very effective. Kara by herself is just ok.

BK is unusual because he’s taunt plus dodge by himself.

1 Like

I’d give the nod to bk… He’s better… But it’s not by a ton… Which is nice if you have kara.

1 Like

I exchanged for black Knight from SE and I trained him first over Kara. A taunter, no matter who will always be a useful hero. And I believe it’s the other perks that makes the taunter. Black Knight has berserk, something that would be good for my titan team, along with Wilbur.
In conventional raid battles, I think Kara with her other perks and passives would be better than BK

4 Likes

Thank you all for help.
I have one more question.
Have them in same team together is good or not?

If you have them in the same team, they will both receive damage from AOE.

1 Like

Is that good if they share damage?

Not shared damage, receive the damage as usual, but just for those two taunters. Depends, they will still protect all your other heroes. It used to be a viable strategy to see two taunters when c krampus was still rogue, before they nerfed him to barbarian. Don’t know how it works on defence, since two taunter meta is no longer a thing.

1 Like

Anybody know when BK costume comes?

2 Likes

Also this …

2 Likes