Kadilen, Elkanen, or Horghall?

Kadilen flank has to be heavy enough for now. I’d ascend her before Horgh and Elk. Shields and tonics will come sooner as Lianna or she will come right after spending the mats, but so what. Then she’ll be next…

1 Like

I seem to have this problem with Li Xiu and now with Kadilen… People hold them in such high esteem but, somehow I just don’t see any good side to them… I barely notice them on the battlefield when facing them… neglectable damage, special skills that don’t really make a difference… Kadilen’s special is useful against AOE… I’ll give her that… but she is fast, she will be charged way faster than the AOE and her skill is only three turns long, so it can easily be avoided and usually goes to waste on defense where you have no control over it… as for attack, keeping her charged and wait for Isarnia to come close, I just don’t see her surviving that long with full mana…

1 Like

I don’t think it’s that they’re good so much as the best of a bad lot. Compared to their superior peers, yeah they’re pretty forgettable. Any number of green 5* greats have a more dramatic effect, and the best of the yellow 4*, WuKong and Jackal, make great differences.

But Kadilen can actually protect a teammate which Elk doesn’t do. I don’t think she’s supposed to protect against an aoe hitter like Quintus but to blanket shield against a sniper like Magni knocking out a squishy like Melendor or Grimm. Because she’s fast speed, you have that option. The other two don’t really help the team at all (Elk) and does pretty pathetic damage, and the other comes online too late to do much (Horghall).

Li Xiu is the best of the rest of the 4* yellow. HuTao being slow… kinda sucks, and Chao suffers from the same problem as Elk (and Sonya to an extent) in that he’s a sniper built like a tank which means he can survive but usually only dents his target instead of finishing it off.

:woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

I’ve got Kad at 4/60 so unimpressed, hits with silk purse but def buff has saved me a few times got Elk too and he hits harder, better of 2 imo. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have all of the crappy green 5 stars except lianna lol…I am gonna keep Atomos and Horghall shelved, my Lianna is going to the top of course, and Kadilen May go to 3.70 at most, but not before finishing Caedmon/Melendor and Hansel.

2 Likes

I got lucky today and my 10x collection of tc20 have me 3 5* heroes. Isarnia, Kadilen back to back 1 and 2 which was nice then lianna cane up number 6. I was waiting for her as I had 0 5* greens but have enough to max 2. Lianna is obviously going max. I was hoping for elkanen but kadilen cane out instead.
My current max hero’s are mitsuko, joon, magni, domitia for 5s. I also have khagan, Elena and Vivica at 3.70. Obakan, Richard, justice at 1.1. I was using melendor at 4+18 for green healer on defense but now will swap Vivica in once I get 2 darts with lianna for defense.
My question is should I max kadilen after lianna? Maybe not right away as I’m going for tarlak but is kadilen really better than elk? I’m in diamond and seems like I see both about equal though it seems like elk could be tougher in flank esp with emblems since he has decent defense and go plus heals himself. Kadilen does hit soft but does hit all and gives the defense against specials. I assume that would stack with magni defense up plus domitia yellow defense? Is that right? Given my lineup lianna would be another sniper with magni, domitia, joon(who I might swap out for Vivica when I put lianna in) any thoughts?

1 Like

Ultimately it depends on your lineup, but given you have a Lianna, Elkanen’s benefit of hitting a primary target harder is kind of overshadowed. Kadilen does slightly higher tile damage and can protect against both sniper fire and all-hits, and yes it does stack with regular defense buffs like Kiril, Vivica, and Magni.

Kadilen brings something new to the table. Elkanen is just a suckier Lianna. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

So I’m back lol…

Lianna is still #1 she is the only one getting tonics once I get them in the meantime she’s going to 3/70 without second thought, I’ve since maxed Hansel (LOVE) and Mel is at 3/60 awaiting shields.

I still have Kadilen, Horghall and I just got Elkanen in Atlantis summon…

Horghall will NEVER get leveled, but out of Kad/Elk it seems after reading this further Kad has the greater vote for 3/70?

Gadeirus is my next Green project since at least he may work with Proteus/Triton as Atlantis family trio?

If you need a green tank, which you don’t since you have better tanks in other colors, then you’d go Elk. But Kadilen is better on flank especially if paired with the likes of Grimm, Isarnia, Boldtusk etc.

Gadeirus is great in events and on Titans and average to meh on raids and wars. That slow mana speed is such a drag.

1 Like

@MD-DC thanks for clearing that up for me, when I get around to her I will level her to 3/70 and stop then. Elk, well he will sit until further notice.

I have a new perspective. Or maybe it’s more accurate to say I have changed my perspective. If you want a great auto farming hero for 8-7, 7-4 or medium to near hard quests, Kadilen is your hero. I want her in my 8-7 team to replace LJ

Fast all kill and special attack resist. What more could you want for farming

I ended up using the gloves before Avalon @JonahTheBard, now Agwe looks really happy. Thankfully snagged two gloves from completion

2 Likes

You need a third tier Kadilen to reliably knock out all the trash mobs in 8-7, so that’s a bit of an investment for a farming hero, but Kadilen isn’t the worst green either, so it depends on the person, but I’d say go for it.

1 Like

I’m beginning to like Horghall’s endurance and attack down. Such traits make for a good auto farm hero on harder levels. Thoughts?

I use 3-70 Horghall and Lianna against blue tanks and titans. Certainly not the same standard as Evelyn or Kingston but what can I do hey

My easy to medium farming team below

Hard level farming below

1 Like

For what it’s worth, and for posterity, I maxed Elkanen after this thread. He’s alright and a decent anchor for a green attack team, but he’s just not on the same level as the better quality heroes. He was usually the last to die barring some bad RNG but that usually just wasn’t good enough.

I ended up pulling Kingston who can anchor a 3/2 comp offense raid team way better than Elkanen ever could. I mean you can do worse than Elkanen, but he was a disappointment on offense.

@FrenziedEye: I mean easy to medium farming teams don’t really make much difference because they’re usually crushing stages much lower than their team’s total power level. As long as they can survive to actually complete the objective, something harder than you might expect if you’re autofarming common quests for instance, then that’s all that really matters.

As far as hard level farming, idk. I’d say it depends on a lot of things, and the AI is pretty dumb, so you need a pretty durable team to make that work. I’ll update this post with some screenshots in a sec, but right now I’m at my computer, so not an option.

My yeti farming and for low/mid level easy quests:

My high level farming team. Sometimes I stack for the really hard ones, but this one gets the job done okay on most things and can usually beat like rare quests on auto:

Generally speaking, they’re all good at not-dying which is why I chose them.

1 Like

Yeti farming - any hero goes IMO (fast AOE hitters / 3 hitters are best for quick completion)

Hard farming - don’t know which ones you are referring to but just use a rainbow healing team + Wu that @madmarv suggested before (S2-14-10 is a good place where your team will be permanently safe - hard mode takes a very long time to complete).

1 Like

Eh what am I missing, why safe? Thanks guys

Inari is the boss.

If your whole team are healers, none of them would activate Inari’s special. Just keep sending tile damage and heal your team. They literally will not die.

1 Like

I’m more curious what about 2:14-10 is worth farming, especially if it’s hard. Not that I’m denigrating it; I just don’t know.

And I tried an all-healer team, and it did worse than my rainbow hard team I just posted. Then again the bulk of them were low emblems and Ranvir isn’t the same thing as Wu Kong, so that didn’t exactly pan out, but I find after a certain point, especially on hard, the AI just can’t be trusted to auto-pilot and won’t win all the time. It’ll win sometimes, sometimes most of the time, but not all the time.

2 Likes

Nothing much. Just for fun. Tried the most difficult possible with the AUTOFARM team.

I will definitely not waste my time grinding by playing manually. S2-14-10 for farming without any risk.

3 Likes

Was having this discussion in my alliance chat earlier today, once my roster of “good heroes” are maxed and I’m at a point Of stockpile on mats and want to try different play styles, I’m planning to max (in no particular order):

Elkanen
Kadilen
Horghall
Atomos
Quintus
Thorne
Justice
Obakan
Elena
Leonidas

Not all of these are really bad, but ideally this is among mediocre to horrible heroes, but I plan to max these guys overtime and utilize them.

My thoughts are that it’s a Luxury to be able to have the pool of heroes that I do, if I was completely f2p then I would have no choice but to work with who I had and make it work, so I want to play with these heroes and really see how they turn out on offense. Most heroes are workable with the right supporting cast imo.