Jade or mother north

Toxicandra. It’d be MN just for VFast but Heimdall makes her slightly less necessary. My Jade is currently and will forever be 1/1, as she is quite clearly the worst of the Ninjas, and by a wide margin

2 Likes

So you see my dilemma lol. I have wanted to finish making Francine up for a while but I haven’t seen her used much. Ughhhhh.

So no jade? Why don’t you like her

For me, she is a broken ninja design. Why would you want to mana cut the enemy when you want them to fire anyway because your heroes are supposed to have a chance of dodging those specials from the enemy.

Heimdall is ideal as tank. And the tank generally is the first to die. You cant revive heroes if the reviver is already dead. That is the importance of Mother North, who has the highest chance of resurrecting dead allies than Alberich and Heimdall, the latter has the poorest revive rate. At left wing defense, she heals and can revive fallen allies and providing everyone with minions. On offense, she can save your bacon, especially on bad opening boards, and thus would be able to turn a losing raid to a win. I have Albe and Mother North both maxed and highly emblem. They are designated on my 2 monogreen teams separately, serving as a safety net in case of atrocious boards.

Francine and Eve would pair well. Both hit 3 and are of fast mana. They synergize very very well.

4 Likes

Yes, mana cut + dodge isn’t good combo. But I think Jade’s main role is mana cut not dodge skill. Only mana cut alone is great. She can reduce 10% all enemy mana within only 5 tile. That is the fastest mana speed of mana cutter in this game. I think put her at flank position is very annoy. It is like Neith or Li Xiu in very fast mode but Jade charge even faster than them. On offense, I think she is good mana controller as well (because she can reduce 10% all enemy mana within only 5 tile) but I think Jade’s main role is defense not controller.

About the topic question, because you have maxed Heimdel, I think Toxicandra is best choice. Fast healer with cure is great on offense.

2 Likes

My experience so far says she’s completely unreliable in defence. Super fast mana cut in flank position sounds OK, but it doesn’t have to be that fast at all. She often tries to charge more and that has proven to be too late in all occasions.

And while mana cut in 5 tiles sounds great, it still is too little even in offence - because her secondary effect is practically negligible. I don’t know, it is clear Jade is designed to be a supportive hero, but all she offers is a bit of stalling. Unlike OP I don’t have such great options in green, and I still don’t see my 1-1 Jade as a candidate for tonics…

3 Likes

Well, maybe if they made Jade use her skill every times when she is x1 charge or higher, I think Jade would be able to match those OP C Kadilen and Frigg.

2 Likes

Francine is a nice solid A- grade in my book.

I dont have toxicandra, but she seems popular in diamond class…

2 Likes

Some people discussing Francine there if you wanna read other POV on her…

I love my Francine, she is awesome.

2 Likes

Mother North is a game-changer. For the past few months, I’ve started using her and Frigg on my raid offense, together with 3 heroes that combat the tank color (ideally 1 sniper, 1 healer, 1 DOT).

I can’t count how many times I’ve been almost defeated, but manage to fire off MN and revive some or even all of my dead heroes. And if they died with full mana - especially your second healer, your enemy is in for a nasty surprise.

More than any other hero, she has the capability to completely turn a battle around.

4 Likes

I would probably max everyone of your green heroes before Jade.
Mother North is great for rush in combination with heimdall, on normal defense on the left wing or offense.
Toxicandra is probably the best hero from the villain event, something similar with ariel in green. And Francine with her clean over time is unique and helpful against status aliment heavy teams.
Evelyn as element def down probably the best for blue titans (now maybe Fogg). And even zeline although older is still useful.

Jade on the other hand doesn’t work anywhere really good. On defense she don’t do anything, as tank you can put stones into her until she is dead, her manacut and dodge won’t harm you if you kill her with tiles and after that you can dispel the dodge without problems (unlike kadi c who dodges dispel).
As flank or wing she is even worse.
You don’t need her for the family bonus, you already have 4 other ninjas, you just need 3 for the max family bonus so she also won’t add anything here.

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/ninja-hero-thoughts-discussion-thread/210091/428?u=ferg
If you want to read a little bit more about jade, there I compared her, magerets and kadis dodge.

2 Likes

Jade is really not good. I agree.

1 Like

Just had a similar decision between Francine, lotl, mother north and jade. Went with Francine.

1 Like

I like all the green ladies you have… except Jade. MN for the best rate of resurrection, Evelyn for the elemental defense down, Francine for the cleanse at the end of the turn, Zeline for her dispel and Toxicandra as she’s a fast healer. Jade is, in a few words, a big trash. Got her in the first NT and she’s still in level 1 (and she’ll remain like this unless she gets a buff).

When I face all of these ladies, the one who scares me the less is the ninja.

1 Like

Of all these heroes, I do not have only Francine, but for me the first choice would be the MN independent HEIMDAL!
MN is fantastic! How many times has it saved me in wars where it seemed like a perfect affair!

1 Like

All other options is better than Jade. She is the only Ninja I have and I won’t max her despite of having 12 Tonic. Wish I have Eve or Toxic (already have Zeline and Francine maxed)

1 Like

And you’re happy with your decision?

Still taking her up to 4-80 ( just ascended her last night)
Tests have been positive against blue tanks and I plan on putting her next to a garnet tank for a bit

1 Like

As always, it depends on your play style and other heroes and taste.

In my opinion, Jade is there for mana cut. If it fails then you have the backup plan to dodg with several Ninja.
Whether you need scalable mana cut or not, it is up to you. For me it is a big deal to avoid enemy to fire in some cases and then Jade is very fast to give a second chance. I also understand that not everyone needs mana cut.
Since you have Mica, the combination make even a bigger mana gap between you and the opponent.

I have saved all my mana manipulator heroes and upgraded them. Some are used in raid attack e.g. Jade and some are used in events, depending on colors etc.

Happy gaming

1 Like

She’s a worse version of Margaret, who is already a fairly weak hero. Mana cut is mediocre on offense, and goes directly against her dodge ability. The fact that it’d take at least 2 or 3x to even be worth consideration makes her significantly slower than Margaret with her topside dodge chance lower and mana decrease instead of mana gain (even ignoring Jade’s lack of damage). Frankly, jade just doesn’t do anything well to justify the use of mats.