Is Gobbler worth maxing after rebalancing?

More specifically, can he become a good hero with +20 emblems to use against telluria and other minion creators like freya and MN?

Could be an option for most minion creators but survivability may still be an issue, and won’t be effective on Telluria due to innate resistance of minion removal.

When facing him in raids I am still not impressed on his defensive skills. I can’t comment on offensive as I do not have him in my roster.

In my honest opinion, and I have this hero, I wasn’t overly impressed with the recent rebalance of him, so he is still sat at 1/1.
Whatever you decide to do good luck

I have maxed him specifically after the rebalance.

Have played few games in a green stack (Evelyn - Zeline - Kingston - Telluria - he replaced Ratatoskr) against the top tier defenses (2600+).

My impression of him - he survived long enough to cast, unless the board was completely terrible. The healing was somewhat decent but not enough to replace a direct healer like Rat’s. Minion removal was situational - he suffered in my stack because he charged after the fast heroes, and they usually managed to destroy the minions already.

Overall, after my experiment I put him back on the bench.

But I can see him in some cases to be used as a runner up into some war teams against Telluria tanks, if you play mono and don’t have a green healer in your mono stack or mr Melendor is not enough, and you don’t have that many 5 star heroes yet. The buff definitely addressed his biggest issue which was he never could survive long enough to cast. Now it’s not a problem. The problem is (and that is my probably skewed opinion) the minion mechanic in this game is somewhat weird, and the direct minion destroyers are usually not worth a place in the team if you have to choose, because there are better options that deal enough damage to destroy the minion + bring something else to the table, especially when the minions weren’t summoned or were killed.

6 Likes

I got him. Leveled him but imo still an useless hero.

I can tell you I faced him at +20 in a war defense a few wars ago, and he ate my lunch more than once. He was in the corner, and I couldn’t charge my snipers fast enough. I can’t honestly remember if that was before or after the balance, but he sure as heck looked viable to me.

I don’t think I’d trust him against Telluria, but maybe against other minion creators. I have mine almost maxed - because I’m out of green projects - and I used him last Tavern of Legends to gobble up Delilah’s minions. That was fun.

2 Likes