Hero Costumes Discussion

I see all the healers and ramming pulverizes and any fast hero that has a cleanse or useful skill as still being situationally useful. Remember with the 5% mana increase those average speed healers don’t need a super high level mana troop to bring them down to 9 tiles…

1 Like

It’s a game, relax

20 deep breaths

I agree in part (not going to do a 10 pull yet) but if you see value in doing the pulls you are going to end up with dupes of all the 3s and most of the 4s if you wait or not, it is at the point where you have most of the 4s you want that the value proposition changes in favour of going for event / hotm etc pulls imo (how likely am I to get something I want / will use x how much I want / will use it)

Indeed RNG, I had wanted Joon and Quintus costumes, got Rigard and Sonyas’. Loving them anyway,…hoping to get Melendor’s.

1 Like

That poor Joon look totally mess up.

It will requires gargantuan of ham and iron to rework emblem to match Fighter path.

FICTION!

Read the FAQs

Emblems carry over from original hero…

Yes I KNOW it inherit from exist card that you apply costume.

In case of Joon, ATTACK/DEFENSE node in his original Monk class will replace ATTACK/HEALTH node in Fighter.

That’s why I call it MESS UP!

This is all true… If you can pull em

The If is the part that sticks

2 Likes

So where are you getting this from:

Are you saying to reset the emblems then rework the entire path?

Have you seen differences between of Monk / Fighter Path

If not, then I would suggest you to take a look more closely.

I’m not fully understanding the reason for these. My gems are gonna be for season 2 Atlantis heros and event heroes
And to have to level everything again? After levelling the base hero?
I would honestly spend gems to get a second Alice or a second Ursena over some costume
And the utility from that second Alice or second Ursena would far outweigh the utility of a costume Joon. :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I know they’re different, my question was about where you’re getting the giant urn and food cost from.

You still didn’t answer my question. Is your gigantic food and iron cost coming from a reset of the emblems to do it all over again?

If yes, this thread may be of interest to you:

1 Like

That’s the thing, everyone has that choice.

Some will choose to spend gems on costumes. Others just the free stuff. Others none at all…

It’s all up to the user and the benefit they personally see as to what they do.

Yeah… thanks for that…? I don’t care if you agree with my viewpoint or not, but I do feel strongly about this and without actually letting the company know how I feel nothing changes. Yes, it is a game. How is breathing deeply going to make it less offensive?

I suppose. I’d still rather have a new hero than a slight tweak on an old one that I already have. I got a Rigard costume and I will use it, but that was pretty much best case scenario for me

1 Like

The point was raised that if you find new hawkmoon so offensive, why did old hawkmoon not cause any issues… Derived from the same theme?

Also as a FYI, this is a community forum. Company and developers rarely contribute or interact…

I dare say, most of these costume versions looked better when assessed Vis-a-vis their specials…some costume specials are like flips of the base heroes specials… e.g Vivic costume…then for those with new additional specials Quintus, Lianna, and others as well Brienne etc have their specials focused attacks on enemies rather than buffering allies making then safe against the like of Finleys…

Then the renewed grinding…Additional grinding… Well the game is pivots on grinding anyway… A little better though with less XP required to speed up costumes’ lvling but now at the expense of maxing the specials. Another positive is, just one costume of a particular hero is needed and therein can be shared amongst many dups of that hero, though each has to be leveled separately…grinding…grinding

Although as it is, the keys seem a little bit in short supply, may be other sources would be added as the feature progresses, right now the only way for more costume summons is gems… That in itself is not entirely new, as it’s similar to Atlantis.

But then, skin now costume was intended to address S1 heroes, right? Well, may not be on the popular side, but I will say the intro as it is, is not bad.

I did find several of the characters, including Hawkmoon offensive. War bonnets, as depicted in the new art rendering are an especially touchy subject for my community. I honestly think the problem goes beyond the company and should be discussed as a community
as we are the people playing the game. Honestly, I doubt that only white people around the world are playing this game. How other people feel about the game’s interpretations of their cultures should be discussed. If everyone else is happy, that is fine. I’m
not, and that is why I said something.

And that’s fine. Nobody is stopping you from being upset.

I’m just giving you the heads up that a) you came on pretty strong and b) that there isn’t anything that we can really do… I mean have a look at how many people have been up in arms about how ■■■■ Margaret is yet nothing has been done. It’s selective in what gets changed and fixed so don’t hold your breath :slight_smile:

The release of costumes actually made me delete mycredit card from Google Play. I’m done. I can see that I spent around 25$/month since starting to play, and what do I have for it? Now I dont even have the heroes I used to have! I cant keep up with all the quests etc. Costumes are just really stupid and superfluous. I dont want to level Li Xiu all over again. This will alienate a lot of F2P, and possibly push many down “the ranks” from Whale → P2P, P2P → C2P, C2P → F2P, or possibly leave.
I tried to start up an alt, and it was incredibly overwhelming, with all those … things you couldnt do. The game has gotten too complicated. I started out last fall, and have grown with the game, so to speak - finished atlantis as it came out, leveled stronghold as the levels came out etc. But newcomers now? I pity the fools.

2 Likes