⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Noor

I think they already did. Between her speed and lacking other effects. I’m beside myself at the amount of birdsong in the air! It makes me want to take her past 3.7 to see what I’m missing but… that gives the sparrows 52hp. While her 3.7 contribution is not dropping my jaw.

I keep looking for videos where she is the game changer but… the other heroes still have to seal the deal so…
Meh… Imma wait!

Will they use Bera in defense?

I don’t know. I imagine someone will.
But personally… I haven’t been finding summons to be… uh… more effective on offense than boosted damage.

On defense it’s amazing!

I have a summon team for war and it’s more miss than hit…

I wonder suddenly… there is a stat boost on defense right?

That might explain why my summoning attack squad is a flat tire. While defense they put up a Wall!

And in the vote, forum user do not even ask for buff.

Monk would still be better imo. She doesn’t need to protect herself from mana ailments as she’s currently the only hero in the game who can do something with 0 mana required. She needs to resist status ailments against heroes…like bera.

Here’s my train of thought. Unlike heroes like Baldur, her skill benefits all and not just herself. Even if 3 thorn minions were to replace her old sparrows, her teammates who are not druids will benefit from her instant minion kill sparrows. And because of how fast they reproduce for her, it doesn’t matter for the long run.
Thorn minions at lv20 only has a 15% of being summoned while Sparrows have a 100% chance of being summoned as long as there’s an opposing summoner. I don’t think thorn minions are the main issue here, she just needs a better talent class.
Monk is the perfect alternative class for her because I think monk also has a good amount of health nodes, this better at meatshielding. And she can withstand ailments that will affect her summoning abilities against you know…bera

1 Like

I found this:
[Have we ever figured out how stat boosts are calculated when defending? - #2 by Garanwyn]
@Guvnor do you know if :point_up_2:still true?

If this is still the case then, minions are going to have more impact on defense.
While on attack they feel like they’re just dragging out the inevitable beating.

Plus… on attack your wings aren’t protected from the AI as the defense is protected from tiles. Which gives some Creedence to Noor if the sparrow survives and clears a wing’s triple stack.
That feels pretty good.
Which for me is about 1 out of 5 matches…

And I suppose that number might increase if I ascend Noor but… I just can’t justify it. My other attack squads have genuine impact

It is. You can check it yourself. Simply look at the defending team stats & troops before starting the raid. Then in game, tap & hold on the same defending hero for their in-raid stats. Compare the pair.

Yes extra 20% of attack and defense for defending hero is correct.

As long as Bera is not in defense with Telly, Noor will still have niche use.

I check it and calculate the troop, the stat shown mid battle is with troop but not with the 20% defender bonus.

However I already check it with damage calculation and they are indeed exist but invisible.

Hey you came at me. Passive aggressive is just reacting to aggressive agressive.

And i participate plenty in forum discussions buuuddy

I like Noor somehow. But I dont quite get The enormous difference in quality if compared to Bera. In essence Bera is what we asked of of Noor.

2 Likes

I would have asked. And I do remember complaints. Skadi is not a hero killer, and wasn’t killing minions either! She needed it. And in my opinion has more value than Noor. Yet is not OP.
So what is Noor then? Still just an opinion piece :yum:

I think you will see Bera on defense but, I’m uncertain as to what extent. First of all… uncertain as to if she will be released as is!

But some heroes are windshields on defense. And then on offense they are the bug.
Like Guinevere or Alberich.
I don’t like Telly on offense either. But on defense she’s still breaking raid buttons.

Defense is usually a moving target. My alliance recorded data with war records improving when Alberich was replaced by firepower on defense.

I can guarantee that someone will try Bera.
Flank or wing
And if it is successful?.. more will try it.
But I doubt it would be so successful as Telluria.
My Summon heroes seem to be bugs on offense. I don’t know why yet. But I bet the invisible 20% has something to do with it.
Which makes me wonder how many other players are finding summon heroes to be splat on offense.
And if that is large number…
Then Bera will be rare. We’ll see…
Maybe I’m missing something on my summon squad

But I’m not alone on the concept of replacing firepower. Even if you are a Noor fan. You better have allies who can finish the job. Because sparrows are NOT hero killers either. Firepower will always be a windshield.

I suppose the windshield/bug door swings both ways. Noor is definitely a splat on defense. So…
She is supposed to be an offensive what? Weapon?
No…lol.
Offensive support hero then?

1 Like

I’m certainly hoping she will. Thinking of QoH later this week too. Will her taunt ensure that Noor busts her minions? Remains to be seen.

In light of this, and what you’ve stated above, I’m raising Noor. Hopefully, will be up to +2 by xmas. Who would you pair her with: PiB, Santa, Tel and Heimdhall? That’s a green red team; may be highly ineffective, but they’re the only minion spawners I have (oh, and Buddy). What do all of you think?

I’m not entirely sure. My Noor is not quite 3.70 and I want to give her a bit of a whirl before spending the precious rings. Plenty of time before Christmas to see how she goes. Meanwhile I might get Gefjon who might be good… or not.

Unfortunately I don’t have PiB, Santa or Heimdall so I can’t do that! Tel probably and Seshat will definitely be there.

1 Like

Only niche use against Telly/LotL (if we don’t consider map/quest).

If her niche is killing summons then I absolutely don’t consider any map/quest, where there are no minions.
Even Christmas event… Elves aren’t even secondary to disabling revive. They don’t pile up like in raids where there are multiple summoners. Boss’s don’t charge like my raid enemies with level 30 mana troops…
And I find zero importance for meat shields in events. Which would serve to drag the level out vs end it. Which…is opposite the goal!

So then her niche is raids with multiple summons.

There are alternatives that will work in that situation and also work well in other situations too!

When you have max’d 5* that you don’t use anymore. That’s a whole other situation…
When emblems and hero selection
can turn into

Regret

Which isn’t a bad thing really. It just means you have been lucky to pull better options and develop them.
A condition of playing a long time.

There are times when my enemy can’t summon.
And that’s nice. And that’s all…
I think fast Bera will deliver this more effectively
and then some!

If I’m lucky to pull her… meanwhile. I have other reds with larger niches
Than a slow hero that summons
And nothing else

1 Like

In non-challenge event, she work will in riposte team.

It’s chocolate ice-crooooh wait…
Yeah it’s not DaveRockyRoad
nevermind

1 Like

Probably , not Alby, although slow, but this one hero that can change things on offense when used right and that is even excluding rush tourneys…

I could see so much digression and comparing of hero that is stil in beta, so staying on topic, how would you advise that Noor be balanced?

1 Like