🤓 Hero Academy! FAQ, Links, Guides and Discussion

@PlayForFun I have update the graphic in my previous post. Thanks for the catch.

3 Likes

Be specific, can I conclude that a levelled 4/80 hero will become another 4/80 hero?

How about emblems? should we reset it before retrain?

Oh, I meant HA10 heroes retrain

You aren’t allowed to send in a hero with emblems

All received heros come as 1/1 fully unleveled even if you put in a 4/80 hero

4 Likes

20 quoted Stronghold 21+ buildings are sooo grindy

HA10 versus Soul Exchange

Unless you have 5x Classic 5* costumes, AND 5x HotM, I strongly recommend running HA10 5* retraining for 52x retrainings ( 365+ days )

On average, this will give you a combination of 5 new options ( Classic 5* costumes, Limited availability 5* heroes, Limited availability 5* costumes ) for roughly the same cost as trading 10x 5* heroes for 1x 5* hero ( 400+ days )

Notes

Click for notes

HA10 odds

52 x 0.975 = an average of 5.07 new options

Soul Exchange Total Costs

10x 5* = 400+ days

See also

([Suggestion, QoL] 6.5 day HA09 Epic Troop retraining & 6.5 day HA10 Legendary Hero retraining)

FIN

1 Like

Tried searching for the answer and failed.

Does retraining troops allow colour (element) change? I’ve done it a few times and always switches type but same colour.

1 Like

Yes, when retraining epic troops in HA 9 you will get back a different troop than the one you put in. It can be a different color or same color but different type.

4 Likes

SG can you please add another training option to the Hero Academy. Or you can add an extra HA building.

1 Like

can we get the new mage troops in ha lvl 9?

No, only the normal troops.
Ninja and Magic troops are not included there.

1 Like

Hello everybody,
Maybe i missed something but i did’nt find the list for heroes we can obtain on level 8. Could somebody give me a link to this list ?

1 Like

Level 8 can give you all S1 epic heroes + epic heroes from old challenges i.e.

Peters, Boomer
Guardian Jackal, Guardian Falcon
Sir Lancelot, Merlin
Gretel, Hensel
Cheshire Cat, Captain of Diamonds

3 Likes

Thanks for the link Sorvina

I’m missing some basic 4* session 1 costumes, like Melendor who is a most… With the new calendar schedule, we will have less oportunitis to get them. Every 2 months (!), right?

Please add 4 session 1 costumes into Hero Academy Level 8!*

3 Likes

and here

with example:

2 Likes

I don’t have vodnik, but I’m ok with that.

I have been tracking my personal (lack of) success with HA10. I have ran the conversion non-stop since late September 2021, and finished 38 conversions. And lo’, I have received one result which has not been costumeless S1 hero.

Counting probabilities, and assuming the standard set of 100 fictitious E&P players having ran HA10 for the same amount of time, there would be

• 2 poor fellows who would have received only costumeless S1 heroes.
  • 8 players would have had equal “success” as me, i.e., received exactly one something else.
  • 90 players would have reveived at least 2 times something else.

I wonder why I always end up in the “worst 10%” bin of luck.

If somebody is interested in calculations, the above is based on the percentages presented in-game: 5% for something else than S1, and bonus 5% to receive costume if there is one. So basically, because there is a costume available for every S1 hero, the probability for “costumeless S1” is 0.95*0.95 = 90.25%. And using this basic assumption and some combinatorics, for 38 conversions one gets:

N Exactly N something else At least N something else
0 0.02 1.00
1 0.08 0.98
2 0.17 0.90
3 0.22 0.73
4 0.20 0.51
5 0.15 0.31
6 0.09 0.16
7 0.04 0.07
8 0.02 0.03
9 0.01 0.01
10 0.00 0.00

So, someone starting an equal endeavor should expect 3 or 4 something else as result. Unless, naturally, they have been cursed with the same curse as me, and they should be very happy with the consolation prize…

EDIT to add: Another way to look at this would be that the probability 90.25% means that almost one conversion in ten should result in something else, on average.

Continuing with “my take on HA10”… I suppose that looking at the averaged masses from their ivory towers the developers see things as working fine. However, on personal level, the experience might suck so very hard. Which is naturally true for each and every aspect of this gambling game, E&P.

Just have been succesful by re-training Horghall into the new Vivica costume. Very pleased about that! Didn’t even expect that the new costumes will already be included into HA10.

Anyway, since I did not get the first costume of her, is this still in the “pool” or will every succesful transfer now be rewarded with the second costume?

1 Like