Help! Which heroes to keep/ which to level first? Advice for a fairly new member :)

Hi all, fairly new to the game here, been collecting a few heroes and am at the point where i have enough 4*/5* to render my 3* obsolete for my main team. But I do know i need them for challenge events/wars etc.
Just wondering which heroes (images attached) I should be looking to level first/ascend quickly, and which to not bother with/feed.
Also love to hear any tips you have for using EHT wisely/ dropping gems on event summons (prolly gonna do a 10x knights spin when it comes around :P)

Oh and bear in mind I’m aiming to be a C2P player, maybe occasionally spending on a good $30 offer but not looking to drop $$$ on this. (Currently SH13, have one TC13 running the 13 training and one TC11 running 11 to store recruits, lastly TC4 running flex for common/uncommon).

Thanks in advance for your help :slight_smile:

Food: trainers, graymane, 2 1/1 priscas, dawa, Carver, Ishtak, and whatever 3* has a double.

Finish Nashgar, Ulmer, Belith, and Balthazar. Then do Tyrum, Valen, Azar, and Kalani. Or, if you’re looking to start your 4s, finish the 3s I mentioned then do Rigard, Grimm, Falcon, Jackal, and Kashrek.

4 Likes

For your first 3* rainbow team focus on levelling Bane, Berden, Nashgar, Ulmer and Balthazar. I would also keep your duplicate Bane and Valen, Belith, Azar and Tyrum as a second 3* team so that you can colour stack.
Keep all your 4* and 5* heroes for now.
For your first 4* rainbow team, I would focus on Kashhrek, G. Jackal, G. falcon, Grimm and Rigard.
Use your 1* and 2* heroes and trainers as feeders.
Please also join a training alliance for help and support.
We currently have a couple of spots open if you are interested. Check us at on the alliance tab look for Holy Wolves. Good luck

3 Likes
  1. Stop levelling 2* completely and focus on 3* as your 2* will be obsolete in a couple months. Save the 2* that you’ve already started levelling for war depth until you can replace them.

2. Don’t worry about advancing in the world map. Once you get to 8-7, you’ve basically beat the game :slight_smile:

3. Generally the deals in the shop are bad. Never buy gems from shop, wait for flash offers. In my opinion there are only a few good uses for gems: roster space, hero/troop summons (preferably 10x only and always Event or Atlantis portals for heroes), buying GUARANTEED 3*/4* ascension materials, and maybe trainer packs to power through the last levels of high tier 4*/5* heroes

4. Hold all your current heroes and buy more hero cap if needed (50 gems for 5 extra roster space). You will want to hang on to duplicates of the 3* until the primary one that you level is maxed out in case a special skill does not reach 8/8. IMPORTANT. For example, let’s say your Ulmer gets to max level (3.50) and only has 6/8 special skill. You can feed one duplicate Ulmer to him and have a 100% chance of increasing the special skill, so by feeding both duplicates (one at a time) to the maxed Ulmer w 6/8 special skill, you will get it to 8/8 special skill. Note if you try this before the target hero is max level (3.50) it is only a 25% chance to increase special skill.

Lots of people have different opinions on which heroes to level first, when to work on 3* vs 4* vs 5* so you’ll have to read up and decide which is best for your situation. Basically the arguments are that you can max out 3.3x as many 3* heroes as 4* heroes in the same time frame and same # of feeders and you may (will) have to wait for ascension materials for 4*/5* heroes to fully ascend them. On the other hand, the 4*/5* heroes have upward mobility and can surpass the strength of maxed 3* heroes around the end of 2nd ascension (2.50 Scarlett will be stronger than 3.50 Azar). I’m firmly in the camp of levelling a few rainbow 3* teams first, then working on 4* teams, then 5*. But if you want to go with 4*/5* first then I would recommend prioritizing these as they will be used for the rest of your e&p life:

• Rigard - must have healer w rare ability to cleanse status from your team
  • Grimm/Tiburtus - defense down heroes will always be useful, plug and play if target permits their color
  • G. Falcon/G. Jackal/Frida - elemental debuffs are extremely rare; once sturdy enough, you will probably use these heroes against every weak color titan you come across as well as certain world levels/quests that demand color stacking

Good 3* to focus on:

• Bane 2 - obviously you will finish him, great that you have 2!
  • Kailani - you definitely want a spirit link hero, will be invaluable for difficult quests and world levels
  • Balthazar - best 3* sniper
  • Tyrum - sturdy for 3* and dispel effect very useful, also good for war depth
  • Belith - best 3* healer and you need a dispeller
  • Valen - best 3* debuffer w fast mana
  • Nashgar - fast mana w DoT, good for war depth

I would not invest in these heroes at all*:
Carver, Graymane, Karil, Prisca, Friar Tuck, Gan-Ju, Dawa*, Isshtak*

*if you are c2p you will get loads of better 3 to work on than these fairly quickly and later on you would prefer to have built up duplicates of super effective 3 instead of these mediocre characters (ex. second Bane much better than first Dawa, second Valen much better than first Graymane, second Belith much better than first Isshtak or Friar Tuck)

*I understand you have already put levels in these two, but I would stop now and move to some of the other heroes of those colors listed above, move back if you want to keep expanding 3 roster and don’t have a better hero of that color to level

6 Likes

Sorry to hijack your thread :slightly_smiling_face: but I’m brand new and I can’t find where to start my own topic.

So I’ve only been playing for a few days. I’m wondering if I’m leveling up the right characters? Here are my best ones:

I’m really enjoying the game so far and went to get as far as I can on it so i appreciate the help! (Sorry again for posting my own question on your thread)

I’d personally level Balthazar before Oberon, but that could just be nostalgia. And if you get a green 3* not named Ishtak, shelve Carver. Same goes for Dawa and Anzogh, you won’t have the mats to level the latter for some time.

Focus on developing your 3* Bane, Valen, Balthazar. And wait for a better green and red 3*. Put on hold your 4* and 5* heroes until you max at least one 3* team ( one of each colour).

For future reference just click on “+ New Topic” button on top right of home page; if post is about roster advice, tag gameplay help & tactics as category

It’s hard to advise without knowing your budget and spending plans. I take it you did a few Epic summons @ 300 gems each? I would avoid doing those individual pulls and save for at least 10x summons from Atlantis or an event like the current Springvale or Knights of Avalon (coming mid-May). Atlantis portals open once each month on last Thursday and last about 3 days…

Be cautious about doing too many summons too early though… this game takes a long time and lot of patience to level heroes and you don’t want to fill up your roster with too many projects at once.

The heroes you have are fine for starting out. My advice would be to try to level one hero of each color at a time by only feeding same color 1*/2* heroes (try to feed 10 at a time if possible). So you are always working on 5 heroes, one of each color.

If planning on doing more summons soon (next couple months) then do I would do this:

• Oberon > Balthazar (Balthazar is better but you are already halfway on Oberon so I would finish him first)
  • Valen > Ulmer
  • Bane > Li Xiu - wait for a better 3* yellow than Dawa, she will probably become food
  • Carver - you are already halfway so go ahead and finish him, but look for a better green afterwards, Needler is food
  • Anzogh - work on Anzogh until you have a fire 3* then pause Anzogh and work your 3* (I think it’s way too early for you to work on 5* heroes but up to you…see my reply to OP above), Farid is food

If not spending anymore or for a long time, then I would do this:

• Bane>Dawa>LiXiu - can be a real struggle finding 3* as f2p and takes long time to get the training camps built up to make them, so level Dawa as she will be useful for you
  • Needler>Carver - Needler is fantastic 2*, probably second best behind Layla
  • Farid>Anzogh/red 3* - Farid is a fine 2*, max him out then work on Anzogh until you have a more suitable red project
1 Like

@Polieus Glad you are enjoying, and I’m glad you showed up here early on to avoid some mistakes. Going to pile on the advice about holding off on leveling Li Xiu and (especially) Anzogh, although that’ll be fun to look forward to. Basically, you need to build a 3-star team that will let you get the rewards it will take to fully build your 4-star team. Then you can really start to have some fun.

Valen, Bane, and Balthazar would be unquestioned priorities for me, given your roster. All are seriously hard hitters that will serve you well for a while. Even after they go to the bench, they are still useful in wars, raid tournaments, and rare tier challenge events. I got Carver pretty late, but he seems to have a pretty short shelf life. I rolled with Needler for a long time early on. Given that there are much better regarded 3-star greens out there, your best option in the short term might be to go with him until you pull one of the three B’s - Brienne, Belith, or Berden - in green. With no good three-star red option, you can just keep going with Anzogh on your main team, but as soon as you have a viable three-star red option, switch off immediately. Ultimately, I think you want a double rainbow three-star team, but you could be forgiven for trying to build a four-star team after your first three-star team. Just see who you’ve got when you get to that point and decide from there.

And check back to the forum often for advice. Lots of people here, myself included, like helping folks get their teams off the ground with minimal mistakes.

2 Likes

@Noble_Weasel I’ll take some of that advice if you have a minute :slight_smile:

@krainsy Actually was just now looking at your post! I don’t have some of these heroes, but let me see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the advice, this helps soo much!

Yeah only reason i was levelling dawa/isshtak was because i didn’t have any better heroes to level at that point and had no more room to store heroes :frowning:

Noobie me was seduced by the lure of a chance at an event hero during my first event last month, but now its atlantis/event 10x all the way!

But I do think I agree with you on levelling some 3* heroes first, want to be able to at least finish the rare tier during events.

When starting out it’s very hard to get 3*'s for free…I never got one from a summon token until after I already had tc12 going (also I had bought the VIP so 2x free summons everyday and still never got a 3*!)…you have to work what you have at first and there’s nothing wrong with that!

1 Like