ℹ Green Knight – 5* Nature / Green from Knights of Avalon

New Knights of Avalon Hero is released: Green Knight

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Green Knight, as well as your thoughts on Green Knight.

Green Knight

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Fighter
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 954 883 1542
4/90 1092 1010 1765
Origin Family
Challenge Festival Avalon
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Omen of Retribution
  • All enemies get -24% defense for 3 turns.
  • Deals 265% damage to all enemies.
  • If the caster dies during the next 5 turns, they are resurrected in the beginning of their next turn with 45% health,and 765 damage is dealt to all enemies. All status effects and stacks are removed when the caster dies.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Avalon Family Bonus

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

Sep 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Damage to all enemies after resurrection is reduced to 665 from 710.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on new Knights of Avalon Hero - Green Knight [Part of The Beta Beat v56]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Green Knight ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Green Knight.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Green Knight and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Green Knight worth summoning for?

• Would you use Green Knight on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Green Knight ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Green Knight as an opponent?

• Would you give Green Knight Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Green Knight’s character design?

• If you Summoned Green Knight and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Green Knight, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Green Knight when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Green Knight, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Green Knight (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Green Knight), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Green Knight (post release)

:question: Is Green Knight worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Green Knight would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Green Knight’s Primary Purpose is?

• Defense Debuffer
  • Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Self reviver (with dealing damage)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Green Knight compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Green Knight’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Green Knight’s Base Stats?

Note this means Green Knight’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Green Knight worth giving Fighter Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Green Knight is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Green Knight is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Green Knight worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Green Knight then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad

0 voters

1 Like

He sounds interesting, but also sounds like he requires some thought to get the most out of his special :thinking:

Good luck in the portals everyone!

5 Likes

I do already have a green defence down hero in the form of Guan Yu… but, his only hits 3 and is situational being based on minions… Granted, it hits harder, and starts a whopping 1% higher and can ramp significantly higher!

Green Knight however, has the benefit of defence down at the start of the card! Certainly an interesting one, and a very strong and long revive timer - even if it is dispellable… watch this space!

5 Likes

My problem with him is that his name is Green Knight and is Green. Very boring and counterintuitive now, when after so many years the Black (and then White) Knight was red.

3 Likes

I mean, it’s mostly because it’s canonical more than anything else :wink:

For anyone interested in the story:

17 Likes

Thanks! He could still have been Holy or Dark or even Ice… Anyway, this was just a light post which probably should have gone to the Ridiculous Complaints thread :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Don’t worry! There was much of the same from the beta post too :wink: And if nothing else, always a good chance to share a little lore!

4 Likes

He should sit pretty as tank. In the course of his death after he fires, he can comeback and kill the eney

2 Likes

So this is a hero where you would prefer to trigger the fighter class :smiley:

3 Likes

The attack, defense and health values are 4/85 and 4/90, is this shown without taking into account the emblems? Sorry, I didn’t find a comment, so I’m asking. :pray:

1 Like

Yes, these values are without emblems.

2 Likes

Yes, it is :slight_smile:

20 characters of everyone emblems differently.

1 Like

I got Ma’at last Dunes, otherwise i’d be much keener on this resurrecting legend. I love the myth - the Arthurian Tales are wonderful - so it’ll be interesting to see how this dude works in the wild.

Good luck tomorrow!

1 Like

Just for clarity’s sake, the order of priority for revives will be the buff (and damage) first - if active, which I assume will remove said buff until it is recast again.

If he gets killed and revives again due to his fighter class talent, there won’t be any damage, but you do get a small window of a chance to hopefully get enough tiles to re-cast your special, get killed again, and then revive with 40% health and do a massive chunk of damage! :smiley:

Not to mention, to counter that situation where it’s cast → death → revive, you’ll need a priority dispel (read: Caitlin; Fortuna as examples) to remedy it, otherwise… :wink:

Very excited, and fingers crossed all!

1 Like

So using Lewana would be crap here :smiley:

1 Like

When I faced Marie-Thérèse today, it worked opposite. Rayne had the zombie buff, and used fighter class revive first, then she died from a dot and revived from the zombie buff. I haven’t noticed on other revive-from-buff warriors which ones get priority, but I can attest to that one this morning

1 Like

Actually, you make a very interesting point, which does make me wonder if there is a difference between those interactions… Particularly given that when a hero revives from a fighter class they keep their buffs/ailments too now that I think about it, and as you mentioned.

Well, well, well, it seems the penguin has stumped the wolf :thinking: the most accessible character to test it with at the moment would be Cillian, but I can’t see anything from his page either! Unfortunately, I don’t have him emblemed to test :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Question: First he reduses enemies defence and then attacks?

1 Like

Yes, damage after debuff

2 Likes