📕 Galapago – 5* Nature / Green from Untold Tales

New Untold Tales hero is released: Galapago

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Galapago, as well as your thoughts on Galapago.

Galapago

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Druid
CT
Changing Tides
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Untold Tales Defenders of Atlantis
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Effects on Special Skill
50% chance to perform the following actions when this character casts their Special Skill
- Deals 80% damage to all enemies.
- All allies get +21% critical chance for 3 turns.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Testudo Roll
  • Special Skill need consecutive uses to reach full power, the following order:
  • 1st
    • Destroys all Minions from all enemies.
    • Deals 280% damage to all enemies.
    • All allies get +30% defense for 3 turns.
  • 2nd
    • Destroys all Minions from all enemies.
    • Deals 370% damage to all enemies.
    • Stack (Max 10): The caster recovers 24 HP each turn for each destroyed Minion.
    • All allies get +50% defense for 3 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Defenders of Atlantis family
Bonus for 1+ Heroes:

• This Hero is counted as part of the Atlantis family if teamed with at least 1 Atlantis hero. Heroes share the following effect when teamed with Atlantis heroes:
    • +5% / +10% / +15% / +20% / +25% defense.

Bonus for 1/2 Heroes:

• 50% / 75% chance to give all allies +36% increased attack after this character receives Special Skill damage.
  • If the enemy’s Special Skill defeats this character, the chance is 75% / 100%.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

July 2023

Jun 2024

July 2024

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Passive damage is increased to 80% from 70%.
  • Passive critial chance is increased to 21% from 16%.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 1 of Untold Tales Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v58]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Galapago ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Galapago.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Galapago and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Galapago worth summoning for?

• Would you use Galapago on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Galapago ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Galapago as an opponent?

• Would you give Galapago Druid Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Galapago’s character design?

• If you Summoned Galapago and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Galapago, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Galapago when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Galapago, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Galapago (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Galapago), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Feedback Poll - Galapago (post release)

:question: Is Galapago worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Galapago would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Galapago’s Primary Purpose is?

• Minion Destoyer
  • Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Defense Buffer
  • Healer (Over Time)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Galapago compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Galapago’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Galapago’s Base Stats?

Note this means Galapago’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Galapago worth giving Druid Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Galapago is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Galapago is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Galapago worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Galapago then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad

0 voters

Hes severly underpowered - compared to phorcys he is absolutely not in the same league
But so are the others of the new 5* - phorcys is way above the rest

Needs a big big buff - similar archie is wayyyyyyyyyyy better than this dud
Hell he is even weaker than ole ■■■ lewena

Maybe give him that heal stack on first charge to make him useable at least

There are very fast heroes that do more damage and have better secondary specials than this lame hero at only fast

1 Like

Seems decent to pair with Guan Yu from SE6…

3 Likes

Remove all minions 230% damage to all plus a chance for even more damage. I think hes the best 5* of all these heroes. Not very original but very good

1 Like

Unfortunately not :pensive:

Purple taunt is another dimension compared to this unuseable hero
Nobody has minions on def any more…

Its big letdown to get this one instead of purple taunt

1 Like

I think the purple is not very good. Too many heroes can counter him. Might be good on offence, but not on defence.

3 Likes

Im not talking about def - but still with his alpha taunt purple one even on def is wayyy better
On offense they do not even play the same game

He needs a big big buff to be relevant more than 10 seconds in this game

1 Like

I guess purple one will have the same faith like oni - versatile players love to play with him other players that are fighting most of the time vs tarlak & mitsuko tanks might prefer other heroes i think

Does anyone understand mana, what kind of mana is it? Fast ? Slow ? Half…

And the operation? You have to use it consecutively, does that mean that the first time you charge mana you have to wait for the second charge?
My God what a way to complicate the descriptions of the hero cards

Fast - average - fast - average

Another big disadvantge

1 Like

Of all the new heroes, I like this one the most. Don’t get all the negativity.

Happy I got him with a single pull!

13 Likes

thing is you have this wonderful and mega strong hero phorcys in this portal - and then you have that kind of useless turtle

thats why he gets such a bad rep - because he is more like a season 2 quality (how fitting lol) hero after all

1 Like

He might not be the Most OP hero that I have ever seen. But i like him. Im lacking in minion removal tools.

The one thing you have to remember is that newer heroes have much better overall stats than heros that have been released so far. And typically have more passives.

I would rather them not release constant OP heros. It is really unsustainable. They have tons of new heros each month. Gradual upgrades are better. But i know in my heart that what makes more money is getting people to chase heros and the best way to do that is release OP heros, not ones with small upgrades. Its a catch 22 at times for them im sure.

Either way, I am happy with my pull. Don’t chase heros and you won’t be disappointed.

6 Likes

Enjoy him! He is very good. Tons of damage to all at fast speed is always good, minion removal will be great for a long time. Def up is also a plus. He may not be AAA on defence, but that is just a small part of the game. To say he is broken or bad is just wierd in my opinion. Gratz on a great pull

7 Likes

just realised he does even less damage than archie :sweat_smile:
not even from his ultra low attack (looks like
4*) stat but even in percentage
just looked up lewena which also has higher attack stats and also does higher percentage of damage ?!?
shes like 3 years old lol

this hero would have been balanced if he would have done 350% dmg on first charge and 430% on second charge with his 4* hero low attack stat

this should have been a hero of the month - but not a event hero

1 Like

I think you are trying really hard not to like this hero. :thinking: Very very sturdy, fast removes minions, 50% chance to do alot of damage to all each cast…decent damage else, attack up and def up for team.

Idk why you trying so hard to hate on a Decent Hero. I think you also forget most people dont have huge rosters of 5* heros and would be super happy to pull this hero.

9 Likes

While Dark is still in vogue… calling Galapgo unusable had me :rofl: :rofl:

Do you have this hero… or are analysing some mental theory…?!

When was the last time you fought an alliance war ?!

• If you did recently … how many minion heroes in equaliser war defences have you seen ?!

Asking for buff of the Dark hero already, despite claiming dark to be better :rofl: really !

Changing tides : Fast - average alternating mana speeds is something new… & get the appropriate troops in place to turn both speeds into functionally fast… (BTW, fast is already fast, in case you try to speak about it :wink: )

Easiest troop to get the mana break point without any emblem or costume benefit is Cyclops L15… & it doesn’t take much effort to reach there… especially for the new players…

I am amazed at blind criticism… maybe you expect only newbies must be visiting the forum :rofl: :man_facepalming:

Will live it here for now… I am sure you will comeback with some more BS… so will deal with that too… Unless, you speak stuff backed by some rationale… which I will be happy to welcome !

• Don’t misguide !
6 Likes

Headline… statement without rationale / explanation = ZERO value & is mostly BS… misguiding players who come here for info / support !

Explain, how is this "changing tides speed " a BIG disadvantage ?!

Keen to hear your story :wink:

1 Like

Where did i ask for a buff of the purple please tell me? :sweat_smile:

I am very unhappy about this turtle as he is so much below that purple taunter in terms of hero quality
His whole special seems super outdated in a world of charge heroes like amethyst or hypnos and op monsters like jove - he would have been nice years ago where frigg had its prime (for offense use combined with friggs def down) but not nowadays where you need strong heroes (purple taunter is one of them ) to suceed vs meta defs on the regular
Also at least at wars im partcipating in not one minion hero is seen on defense - its more like double erlangs aramis alphataunt-ludwig and so on
Maybe you do fight vs frosth or freya tanks on the regular but i dont really see those at war getting used
But its ok - we will see in 2 weeks when this thread is on page 6 players guide and galapagos been categorized as the atomos of untold tales :see_no_evil: :woozy_face: