Elizabeth or Garnet for my defense team?

Would like to get some opinions on this one.

My defense team is like this:
Onyx - Cobalt - Heimdall - Garnet - Joon
Standard formation

I got Elizabeth recently, and she’s almost maxed. Should i replace her with Garnet? The main reason I got Garnet in my defense team is the family bonus.

If I put Elizabeth in, should I change my formation? And how should they stand? I could also change Onyx with Seshat.
Any thoughts?

Elizabeth is not so good on defense as far as I’ve seen. Just bring two healers and she is taken care of. Garnet’s overheal, ailment block + family bonus - all possible at 5 tiles is far better in my opinion.

By obviousness, Gardnet for family bonus with Cob and Onyx.

But you may test it. Leave your DEF team with Beth for a week and check how it goes. If not better, switch back for Gard.

I’ve tried running the Garnet-Onyx-Cobalt defense before, it’s really not as great as you think it might be. Unless you have really good green and yellow AoE heroes (Frigg-Odin seems to be the meta pairing, or cKad and Odin or even Akkorog could work too), it’s not going to perform too well.

@rho I was going to switch to a similar formation except I was going to use White Rabbit instead of Odin. Thus, Cobalt-WR-Garnet-Frigg-Onyx. Hoping, WR will hold up since I have not been lucky enough to pull Odin.

Swap Frigg and WR, Frigg is defense down to all whereas WR is only to one. Could work but I’ll also warn you the results will be very inconsistent depending on how smart or dumb the ninja AI feels like being that day.

Sounds good! I notice theAI regarding ninjas is very inconsistent! Taking on defenses with 3 ninjas is not as intimidating as it once was, but I want to play around with some of my new toys! :wink: